10.5.7 Released

425 posts in this topic

SMBIOS data from a real iMac 5,2 to make sure everything matches.

Of course, I changed the CPU and RAM info but the rest is all genuine and matching (bios version, boardproduct, manufacter, and even the serial).

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
 <key>SMbiosversion</key>
 <string>IM52.88Z.0090.B09.0706270913</string>
 <key>SMboardproduct</key>
 <string>Mac-F4218EC8</string>
 <key>SMmaximalclock</key>
 <string>2000</string>
 <key>SMexternalclock</key>
 <string>200</string>
 <key>SMmanufacter</key>
 <string>Apple Computer, Inc.</string>
 <key>SMmemmanufacter_1</key>
 <string>Kingston Technology</string>
 <key>SMmemmanufacter_2</key>
 <key>SMmempart_1</key>
 <string>KVR800D2N6/1G</string>
 <key>SMmempart_2</key>
 <key>SMmemserial_1</key>
 <string>99U5316</string>
 <key>SMmemserial_2</key>
 <string>99U5318</string>
 <key>SMmemspeed</key>
 <string>800</string>
 <key>SMmemtype</key>
 <string>19</string>
 <key>SMproductname</key>
 <string>iMac5,2</string>
 <key>SMserial</key>
 <string>W87160JWWH5</string>
 <key>SMsystemversion</key>
 <string>1.0</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Of course, I changed the CPU and RAM info but the rest is all genuine and matching (bios version, boardproduct, manufacter, and even the serial).

<key>SMmemmanufacter_1</key>
 <key>SMmemmanufacter_2</key>
 <key>SMmempart_1</key>
 <key>SMmempart_2</key>
 <key>SMmemserial_1</key>
 <string>99U5316</string>
 <key>SMmemserial_2</key>

Good doctor;

If your smbios.plist reflects how your RAM is plugged in to your motherboard, you should place your RAM in slots 1 and 3 instead of 1 and 2 so that you can have dual channel operation. If your motherboard/memory controller supports it (it should), this will double your memory throughput.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual-channel_architecture

I reinstalled OS X 10.5.6 retail and updated with delta installer. It worked flawlessly. The GMA950 worked well this time. Apparently the old install was busted.

Do you mean the newer 10.5.7 support GMA950 naturally?

If that the case, I'm getting new info

Thanks

Not working there.

After applying combo update on 10.5.5 P5W DH install is dead and hangs on boot...HDD switches off, display stays on forever showing spinning thingy at grey logo screen. -x does not help either. -v doesn't show any specific suspicious messages...

Use IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext from the Chameleon 2.0 binary package.

Deleted my posts? The mind boggles. :P

Yeah you can't mention the 10.5.7 r*p*ir pa*k in this thread for some reason.

They even removed a perfectly fine legacy kext for the new Yukon2 driver in 10.5.7 that I attached.

Should be obvious from what have been said but I've already received a couple of PMs asking for it..but anyone who wants this; just search for user cVad and download it following the link in his signature.

Good doctor;

If your smbios.plist reflects how your RAM is plugged in to your motherboard, you should place your RAM in slots 1 and 3 instead of 1 and 2 so that you can have dual channel operation. If your motherboard/memory controller supports it (it should), this will double your memory throughput.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual-channel_architecture

My motherboard only has 2 slots. According to my BIOS, RAM is running in dual channel.

Do you mean the newer 10.5.7 support GMA950 naturally?

If that the case, I'm getting new info

Thanks

Still need a patched DSDT.aml though.

Hi,

Anyone installed the 10.5.7 update successfully with the iAtkos 5i release please and if so did they have to jump through any hoops after to get it going?

Many thanks,

Sys

Yes did update. I did the updatw via the mac software updater. After firdt reboot i had to re install:

my sound

seatbelt kext from 10.5.5

the only thing not working is "about this mac"

Iam on Gigabyte EP45 DS3 / Geforce 9500GT

Can someone with a GA-EP45 Board confirm sleep / wake working with 10.5.7?

yes sleep and wake up is working. Using EP45 DS3. Not working waking up by seeting up a specific time, but that was not working with 10.5.6 eather.

Still miss the correctdisplay for "about this mac"

@svencux

thanks

@ dakkie

Do you have a Samsung Syncmaster 225bw? Sorry i did not give a model name in my post.

Anyone knows if the Syncmaster 225bw works with its native Resolution after the Update? (Connected via DVI)

Applied the 10.5.7 combo from 10.5.5 on my C2D e8400/ECS 945 GCT-M 3.0/1333 and the only thing not working properly is video (GeForce 8600GTS using EFI string in com.apple.boot.plist isn't showing my Olevia 537H's native resolution anymore. Any ideas, like using the nVidia kexts from 10.5.5? I'm not wanting to go with injectors again, because they seemed to actually slow my graphics performance back with Kalyway 10.5.2 versus using the EFI strings for some reason...

(Update - installed the kexts from 10.5.5 and everything's working better, also picked up 30 points overall in GLMark.)

Also applied it to the MacBook Pro 15" 2.4 GHz (early 2008) and noticed that the whole OS runs better.

@ dakkie

Do you have a Samsung Syncmaster 225bw? Sorry i did not give a model name in my post.

Anyone knows if the Syncmaster 225bw works with its native Resolution after the Update? (Connected via DVI)

model 226BW works fine

Acer Aspire One AOA150: sound gone, QE/CI gone. AppleIntelGMA950.kext of any version, be it stock or the one "fixed" in AAO thread here in Genius Bar, causes a garbled display. Changing device IDs to 27ae which I happen to own, still result in a garbled display. At least Natit allows setting native resolution, but having no Preview is a pain. Any suggestions?