10.5.7 Released

425 posts in this topic

Update iPC 10.5.6 (Voodoo Kernel 9.6.0) with 10.5.7 Combo.

System: AMD64 X2 5600, MSI K9N Neo V3 Mainboard.

After Update and bevor restart i reinstall the Kernel, my old smbios and dyld for 9.6.0 Kernel (with new dyld, Rossenta dosen´t work).

Works without problems. ;)

like Beaty2000 i updated from iPC 10.5.6 to 10.5.7 my AMD hack, running ANV 1.4 (xnu 9.6.0 with voodoo patches)

System: AMD X2 5200+ @2.6 GHz (dual core, 2MB L2), nforce 590SLI, nVidia 8800 GTS 320MB (old)

Before i updated the system, of course i backed up all the kexts and renamed mach_kernel to mach_kernel.anv14 and changed the com.apple.Boot.plist appropriately. after the update my dual screens kept a solid blue wallpaper and i tried to reboot with just one monitor attached, which seemed to work for the moment, but was followed by a nvdahal (gfx) caused KP (unfortunately no picture for that), with adding the efi strings this KP is not longer occuring. BUT

- no ci/qe

- mouse behaves oddly, actually inverted (a physical move upward lead to the opposite cursor movement)

besides, its not just moving inverted, but also quite jumpy and unprecise and throws a "debug" message on every turn to system.log (look at the top of the screenshot)

amdhackintosh1057proble.th.jpg

Trying to update a fresh 10.5.6 install following this guide - http://netkas.org/?p=50

backing up kernel , extensions etc .. but once the update is over ( when you have to hit restart ) it's impossible to restore or trash anything or even access InstallAtStart folder - the system throws applescript errors at every action ...

and of course on reboot there's no way to access to GUI - no matter the flag -v,f,s,x or even trying directly to boot the backed up kernel

I cant get "about this mac working) first page is showing correctly but the hardware page does not show a thing.

I did insatlall Chameleon 2 RC1 but that does not fix the problem.

I did install a about my mac pkg fix file but that does not work eather.

Try this system profiler. Just delete the one you have now, then replace with this one. I also added the about this mac fix pkg for ppl with the unknown cpu issue.

thank you verry much. these two fixes solved the problem for me.

great all working now with 10.5.7

:rolleyes:

just one more thing to ask.

sleep ist working fine.

wake up works fine as well.

the issue is i can shut down or sleep the system by seting a defined time and the system goes to sleep ore shuts down, but i can not wake up the system by setting a difined time. the system stayes in sleep.

Hope you can understand the problem even with my ruff english.

thanks for any help.

post-294263-1242484752_thumb.png

post-294263-1242484778_thumb.png

I tried updating iAtkos 5i (10.5.5) via software update and it gives me the dreaded "still waiting for root device" error. I reinstalled my ich9 kext but it still doesnt work... Maybe i'll try updating to 10.5.6 first, then 10.5.7.

No matter what update i do i get the "root device" error...

I have my sata kexts in /Extra, so i have no idea what the problem is.

I updated (see my sigs) and than:

1) cant pair my apple wireless alluminium keyboard (never had a problem before-still searching for a solution- HEEEEEEEEEELP)

2) lost my firewire (fixed with kernel 9.6.3 and delete AppleHPET.kext-still testing audio)

3) about this mac and system profiler issues (fixed with the solutions posted here -THANKS!)

The performance increase but sometimes the computer freezes.

My clock RAM appears at 666 and it is 800. It can be a problem?

Hugs from Brazil :thumbsup_anim:

100 % agree !

I used before Chameleon 2 RC the injector ways or modded SMBIOS.

Now with CHameleon / smbios.plist in /Extra i am much more happy !

Netkas hint: Dont use MacPro#,1 Modell Names, can make problems if your CPU isnt really an i7 family CPU member.

Also be sure (for best compatibility) dont change only Model name, all must fit together with the other values, means SMBIOS Table + Modelname must fit as some other values too, MacPro or MacBook has an different smbios table as iMac !

I used iMac5,1 and all is OK. Also geekbench & Co.

i attached my smbios.plist for chameleon to look in /compare.

attached: my iMac5,1 smbios.plist (CPU Speed : 2.8, FSB 266 MHZ, RAM 800 MHZ DDR2: edit with your vales)

Hi - looking at your smbios.plist. Could you please tell me what the last entry is for? the one labled "smbios-table" and the long string for the data bit. Thanks

Both my desktop and my netbook have been updated to 10.5.7 with no problems.

My desktop mobo is an ASUS P5KPL-CM with an Intel G31 chipset. I don't use the onboard GMA3100 video, in favor of an nvidia graphics card. I used the combo update and it installed flawlessly without a need for further tweaks.

For my MSI Wind U100, I also used the combo update. When the update finished installing, the installer presented me with a button to restart. I did not reboot right away. I first re-applied the patches developed by CyberGreg specifically for the MSI Wind before rebooting. Everything installed just fine.

Guest ѕиоѡ

Updated from 10.5.6 to 10.5.7 and only had to fix the HD icons by doing this:

Copy /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext to desktop and edit:

/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/Info.plist

After this section:

<key>IOProviderClass</key>

<string>IOAHCIDevice</string>

Add:

<key>Protocol Characteristics</key>

<dict>

<key>Physical Interconnect</key>

<string>SATA</string>

<key>Physical Interconnect Location</key>

<string>Internal/External</string>

</dict>

Install Kext with Kexthelper.

I have the disabler.kext in extra's folder but did the cpuintel... terminal removal command just in case. No need for editing dsmos.

No further issues with GFX or Sound so I had to do less then with older updates.

Hi - looking at your smbios.plist. Could you please tell me what the last entry is for? the one labled "smbios-table" and the long string for the data bit.

That bit is a leftover from when he was using AnV's SMBIOS injector. It's not needed in a smbios.plist/Chameleon 2.0 RC setup.

ASUS P5QL-PRO using Zero Modification EFI partition Retail 10.5.4 Install.

Updated to 10.5.7 from 10.5.6 fine using the .dmg download, then a few problems on reboot, had to remove a few kexts. Orange Icons back, not fixed by using old IOAHCIBlockStorage (tried v1.1.0 + 1.2.0) (advised from netkas.org). havent tried to install audio yet (using the StarTech USB Audio for now). Apart from that seems fine, same old. Restart now works but shutdown still hangs on black screen. will try OpenHaltRestart later to see if that fixes it.

ICH10 works OOB now, but any ideas on the Orange icons (removable drives)?

Well Ive sorted everything except the Audio which is apparently an ALC888. System profiler shows Model Name as iMac and Model Identifier as iMac8,1 (before (with other kexts) it showed Asus / P5QL-PRO) - dont know if I should be bothered about this or not. Anyway im looking for solutions for the Audio, anyone?

updated to 10.5.7 on a perfectly good working 10.5.6, running on a

Dell Dimension 9150 and after reboot it killed it.

just goes into a endless loop with rebooting after a few seconds.

can't boot into safemode either.

it reboots so fast that even verbose mode doesn't reveal anything..

I guess I have to reinstall all the way back to 10.5.6 and not

do the upgrade, unless someone knows how to fix this????

I have a problem with my Yukon ethernet after updating...

I'm using LegacyAppleYukon2.kext in the Chameleon Extra folder. When I boot using "-f" option, the AppleYukon2.kext gets loaded and I have ethernet. After next reboot without "-f", the kext doesn't get loaded and "dmesg" shows the following:

extension "com.apple.iokit.AppleYukon2" cannot be found

can't find extension com.apple.iokit.AppleYukon2

Can't determine dependencies for com.apple.iokit.AppleYukon2.

Couldn't alloc class "yukon2osx"

Using stock IONetworkingFamily.kext from 10.5.7. I checked and repaired the kext permissions several times, but it doesn't work. Any hints?

Thanks!

Well Ive sorted everything except the Audio which is apparently an ALC888. System profiler shows Model Name as iMac and Model Identifier as iMac8,1 (before (with other kexts) it showed Asus / P5QL-PRO) - dont know if I should be bothered about this or not. Anyway im looking for solutions for the Audio, anyone?

In my system, any off these work:

- http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=129058 (Legacy AppleHDA)

- http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=32859 (Taruga patcher)

- http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php (VoodooHDA)

Using VoodooHDA at the moment, when i'm not using the USB Audio Interface.

It looks like your kernel got over written... instant reboot usually means that.

If you were using a patched kernel, that's what happened.

The "double" reboot after install is normal. All major updates do it.

I'm using LegacyAppleYukon2.kext in the Chameleon Extra folder. When I boot using "-f" option, the AppleYukon2.kext gets loaded and I have ethernet. After next reboot without "-f", the kext doesn't get loaded

As a minimum you need to place IONetworkingFamily and IOPCIFamily.kext there with it to get it to load.

I'm booting with -f myself until now because I've been too lazy to fix it yet.

You can always check kext dependencies in its info.plist.

Hi,

You need to replace mach_kernel and system.kext in the root folder. Try to get hold of 9.6 voodoo kernel(do a search) and replace it. You would need to boot into windows(if you have mac drive installed) or another mac osx backup(external disk) in order to access the original updated hard disk. Once you do that, you would be able to boot into your newly updated 10.5.7 installation. Then do a disk permission repair and reboot once more. You might need to re-install audio, lan kext etc thereafter. Good luck!

P.S. your system.kext is found in /system/library/extensions/

In my system, any off these work:

- http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=129058 (Legacy AppleHDA)

- http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=32859 (Taruga patcher)

- http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php (VoodooHDA)

Using VoodooHDA at the moment, when i'm not using the USB Audio Interface.

Ive tried the first and last before with no luck, i will try the patcher tho. the problem is im using the EFI Partition method that has all the modified kexts n that so leaving the install partition clean. gives me a more stable and reliable system, but its harder to find kexts that work. Thanks anyway and i will let you know how i get on with the Patcher

Ive tried the first and last before with no luck, i will try the patcher tho. the problem is im using the EFI Partition method that has all the modified kexts n that so leaving the install partition clean. gives me a more stable and reliable system, but its harder to find kexts that work. Thanks anyway and i will let you know how i get on with the Patcher

hum.. i'm loading all my patches from USB stick. For VoodooHDA to load form EFI part/USB stick/Extra, add OSvKernDSPLib.kext and IOAudioFamily.kext as dependencies. Never managed to load Legacy or Taruga patched AppleHDA from Extra folder.. more dependencies problem, i guess.

I must say that none of the 3 solutions works perfectly for me.. far from it but, stereo Line out and Headphones work with the 3. Pm me if you need any help with Taruga.. can't help you much with the others :angry:

Software Update. All good here. A few things have changed (is seems they modified their ACPI drivers, so that my wireless card indicator light is now always off, but it is not a big deal). My old old AppleYukon drivers are still working, unlike AppleYukon2, as it seems for some people.

Does anyone know how to update from 10.5.5 to 10.5.7 if i used this guide?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=121849

I dont want to ruin my hackintosh (it has alot of important files on it)

..more info...what are your specs: mobo, video...?...what is your installation...vanilla kernel or modified one...?...etc...

...if your mobo is GA-EP35-etc...and vanilla install (kernel)...you can go directly from software update...depends on what video do u have maybe you need to boot with safe boot flag "-x" and reinstall "driver"...and sound too maybe...and you are 10.5.7...!!!...

Hey guys,

Updated my iDeneb from 10.5.6 to 10.5.7 pretty smoothly, the only things I'm having problems after the update are Adium and CandyBar - both are causing frequent kernel panics.

For instance: when adding an msn account to my Adium profile a kernel panic occurs, occasionally i have managed to get into the account, but when someone types to me i get another kernel panic.

I've tried zapping adium and upgrading to the latest beta, but that doesnt help, so it leads me to believe that there's a problem with an extension somewhere. I'll attach a screenshot of the panic, can anyone shed any light on the situation???

post-399190-1242677507_thumb.jpg

hum.. i'm loading all my patches from USB stick. For VoodooHDA to load form EFI part/USB stick/Extra, add OSvKernDSPLib.kext and IOAudioFamily.kext as dependencies. Never managed to load Legacy or Taruga patched AppleHDA from Extra folder.. more dependencies problem, i guess.

I must say that none of the 3 solutions works perfectly for me.. far from it but, stereo Line out and Headphones work with the 3. Pm me if you need any help with Taruga.. can't help you much with the others ;)

I dont want to use the voodoohda because it messes up my shutdown and restart (took me ages to find kexts that work together), i started to try and patch the 10.5.7 version of AppleHDA.kext thinking that may work, but got to the point where I had to edit plists inside kexts inside kexts and could not make sense of the instructions. I have the linux dump, the converted linux dump and the .svg so far. can attach if anyone wants them.

That HDAPatcher didnt seem to do anything, luckily it didnt modify anything important either.

could do with a little help please ;)