10.5.7 Released

425 posts in this topic

I updated both my iMac and my Hackintosh and all went well.

All I needed to do was reinstall my P5KPL-AM's onboard lan driver (here) then reboot and I was up and running without a hitch.

Lovely stuff!

D975XBX2. Vanilla using EFIv9. Did the delta update from the dmg. Made sure no AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext got dropped in /System/Extensions. Made sure no "Don't Steal Mac OS X.kext" got dropped in /System/InstallAtStartup/scripts/1. Rebooted and it basically Just Worked, though I had to replace IOAHCIFamily.kext with my hacked backup to get drives to show as internal. I use a RME HDSPe AIO for audio and onboard is disabled in bios. Onboard audio is the only thing that doesn't Just Work with this board and I suspect this update would kill it as have all the previous updates.

One thing though - the system will only sleep when I manually sleep it from the Apple menu. It will not sleep on its own after the selected 10min idle time. Anyone?

Update on GAEP43DS3L, C2Q6600, Geforce8800gts 320mb, ALC888 (Munky EFI - Vanilla install - DSDT w/ video included).

scott

10.5.7 update from this XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc_Universal_Final (vanilla install...!!!...Chameleon v.2.0 RC1) on a Q9300, GA-EP45-DS3 with ATI Radeon HD 3650...result OKAY...!!!

1. Software Update...like normal mac...

2. Boot safe mode -x (second reboot)

(3. Optional...!...Delete the 3 legacy kexts for ich10/ahci...keep or reinstall only this...legacy ahciblockstorage...for orange icons...)

4. Reinstall the AppleHDA.kext...extract it with pacifist...better do this before doing the software update...!!!...maybe someone will update the driver here...alc885-889a_ad2...!!!

5. Reinstall the ati driver with pacifist...here... http://rapidshare.com/files/155214346/ATI_...10.5.5.zip.html

...check here too... http://netkas.org/

!!! Mac OS X 10.5.7 !!!

post-159649-1242473280_thumb.png

I just updated to 10.5.7 using the combo updater. Replaced AppleHDA.kext with a saved copy. The update worked, and everything seems fine except for one thing. The drive icons are now orange. Any hints on how to correct that?

UP...! ^^^^

post-159649-1242235443_thumb.png

One thing though - the system will only sleep when I manually sleep it from the Apple menu. It will not sleep on its own after the selected 10min idle time. Anyone?

Update on GAEP43DS3L, C2Q6600, Geforce8800gts 320mb, ALC888 (Munky EFI - Vanilla install - DSDT w/ video included).

scott

I had the same problem a while back, and this fixed it for me. Go into "system preferences", and then go into the "energy saver" screen. Make sure "Restart automatically after a power failure" is checked. That should fix the problem for you.

Update from "software update".

1. Problem with audio

Fix by restore AppleHDA.kext from Time Machine.

2. About this Mac shows unknown

No big deal

3. More Info: There was an error while gathering this information.

I need a little help with this PLEASE.

Tried vCad 1.3 patch; does absolutely nothing.

Everything else is working.......so far.

iDeneb 1.4

Gigabyte x48

Intel q9300

Thanks

2.4 GHz Unknown. Apple never adapted Q6600 on their machines and that is why it shows unknown. But the processor is working fine (at least on mine). To fix this, change "Unknown" to "Intel Core 2 Quad" in /System/Library/CoreServices/Resources/English.lproj/AppleSystemInfo.string and verify if About This Mac displays what you just edit.

Fix "Unknown" issue...!

Did it through the GUI, gave me a bit of a scare, as after the restart, the first boot, never loaded the OS. It looked like it crashed, however it restarted and came back. 8sec boot. ffs I love hackintosh.

The only thing I had to do, like most of us, is install the apple hda kexts (alc889a).

Everything is running smooth and the update is offering to install Safari for some reason, like anyone uses that {censored} (here goes the flame). Firefox FTW.

post-331219-1242236468_thumb.png

post-331219-1242236456_thumb.png

I just updated to 10.5.7 using the combo updater. Replaced AppleHDA.kext with a saved copy. The update worked, and everything seems fine except for one thing. The drive icons are now orange. Any hints on how to correct that?

LegacyIOAHCIBlockStorage.kext works on native 10.5.7 ICH10 (P45, X58...) southbridge against orange drive icons.

Well it sais "Contact AnV Software" :thumbsup_anim:

Have you tried the original Voodoo?

Also I see: Mac9,1 and Mac Pro 2,1

I only had a KP on sound, might be a hint. Else: No idea.

Yeah i know lol :boxing:

Yes i also tried the original Voodoo...

Don't know why its says iMac9,1 and Mac Pro2,1 :s

Having trouble.

Spec in sig. Using Chameleon version 1 (NOT 2.0 RC). With DSDT.aml for Graphics/Sound/Network etc

Had the following changes :

dsmos.kext - patched

com.apple.Boot.plist set up for MacPro3,1

IONetworkingFamily patch

OpenHaltRestart.kext

RealtekR1000.kext

HDAEnabler.kext

I also had AppleAHCIPort.kext and IOAHCIFamily.kext modifcations installed.

I manually deleted AppleIntelCPUManagement thingie.

It shows the boot text but then hangs after it detects my hard drives. Not sure if this is something to do with the ICH10 chipset - Netkas's website says that 10.5.7 doesn't need any modifcations for this as it comes pre-built into it - so why wouldn't it just work?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I cannot say for sure, but maybe this would help?

AHCI Fix after 10.5.3

Its seems to be loading eveything but its having problems starting the loginwindow.

The 8600GT should work fine with EFI string, so I don't belive it's got anything to do with GUI.

Maybe the LAN that's loaded near GUI start.

EDIT: Have you got a moded (HUD) About this Mac pane?

LegacyIOAHCIBlockStorage.kext works on native 10.5.7 ICH10 (P45, X58...) southbridge against orange drive icons.

That worked very well. Thanks. Its odd that prior to 10.5.7 I didn't need that LegacyIOAHCIBlockStorage.kext, but now that I do its good to know about it.

One note: I had to place the LegacyIOAHCIBlockStorage.kext directly in the /System/Library/Extensions folder. It would not work simply by putting it in my Extensions folder in my EFI partition. In this way it is similar to AppleHDA.kext, which also would not work if simply placed in the EFI partition.

Thanks again for your help.