10.5.7 Released

425 posts in this topic

Updated Kalyway 10.5.6 installation (originally from 10.5.2) to 10.5.7 using the combo update, won't boot into GUI or safe mode. Using -v it stays stuck after detecting IO and does not move on. Made sure the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext was deleted and cleared the cache. Normal boot up goes to grey screen and gear at the bottom spins without end.

Any ideas?

Retail-Install here on this system: ASUS IPIBIL-LB

- double-reboot

- reinstalled AppleHDA ana ALCinjector for Sound/audio.

- reinstalled Shutdown/reboot-fixes

BUT: Sleep isn't working anymore. display goes black and the machine is still "running"

- tried my old "sleep-fix-solution". two kexts: AppleUSBUHCI and IOUSBMassStorageClass

- SLEEP STILL NOT WORKING on 10.5.7

I had installed XxX 10.5.6 without patch and then install my Mobo drivers according to this guide

Today I just UPDATED to 10.5.7 directly from interned without problems (10 min. process)

(I had only to add to ATIRadeonX2000.kext the string 94c3 and Audio drivers again) all the others LAN, sleep shutdown work perfect.

I just noticed new orange hard drive icons

4lfsch.png

That worked very well. Thanks. Its odd that prior to 10.5.7 I didn't need that LegacyIOAHCIBlockStorage.kext, but now that I do its good to know about it.

One note: I had to place the LegacyIOAHCIBlockStorage.kext directly in the /System/Library/Extensions folder. It would not work simply by putting it in my Extensions folder in my EFI partition. In this way it is similar to AppleHDA.kext, which also would not work if simply placed in the EFI partition.

Thanks again for your help.

LegacyIOAHCIBlockStorage.kext is usually in some other southbridge kext I believe. And it works in EFI partition!

You might need to make a Extension.mkext for the Extra folder to work.

Same with AppleHDA.kext. I use HDAEnabler.kext, LegacyHDAController.kext and LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.kext inside my EFI partitions Extension.mkext (Usually inside a pached AppleHDA). My AppleHDA.kext is vanilla untouched (except now I have to use the 10.5.6 AppleHDA.kext, cos the others aren't updated by today.

But this method working depends on your sound codec.

I am on AMD system with iPc 10.5.6 installed. How do I make sure that the voodoo kernel does not get overwritten by the update?

Rename it until you know it works. You can use OSX86 tools. Also see Voodoo kernel doc.

The 8600GT should work fine with EFI string, so I don't belive it's got anything to do with GUI.

Maybe the LAN that's loaded near GUI start.

EDIT: Have you got a moded (HUD) About this Mac pane?

Hmm i do got a custom theme installed, which also themes the about this mac pane.

It's installed using Magnifique.

I already removed some startup items and plist files for the loginwindow...

But it doesn't seem to help...

Hi all,

I am using HP Pavillon DV6000 with GMAx3100 in 10.5.7 right now.

I know how to fix the issue, but after fresh 10.5.7 update. I can get full QE and CI support,

I still get the thick black line ,but NOW I CAN see the black line with desktop ..there are 6 of them at the same time

(before it was the black line and blue screen.)

also, if I set the screen to 1280x960 or 12280 x768. the screen turn to 1280x960 or 1280x768

but I think I need 1280x800 because both 960 and 768 won't show the dock right.

with 1280x960, I don't see the bottom of the desktop.

with 1280x768, the bottom of the screen has 1cm hight of free space I cannot use.

so now my qestion is where I can set the screen to 1280x800?

anyone else see the same thing?

any new fix I can use to modify this error? I don't want to replace the old driver coz I think the new driver from apple maybe better.

thanks.

So when I logged in today the option to update to 10.5.7 came up so without hesitation I went ahead with it think it might be what I need. Although upon restart the computer hangs at the loading screen. I rebooted in -f -v and it keeps popping up..

SAM MULTIMEDIA: Read or Write Failed....ect

Any idea what might be going on? Sorry i'm a newb when it comes to the mac operating system so all this is alien to me.

Thanks!

Installed on Acer travelmate 5620 using iPC hackintosh release.

No issues at all. Also i didn't noticed any kind of improvement in user experience.. so like some other says..

IF isn't broken.. why fix it ?

update is fine on my compaq c770us....just need to reinstall wireless and powermanagment but my cpus temps went from 55-60 to 80-85 :S can someone help me?

Same here, but i had like 55 to 75 before and now its 85 to 98 :) but its not hotter at all just the temp shows wrong.

Update from "software update".

3. More Info: There was an error while gathering this information.

I need a little help with this PLEASE.

Tried vCad 1.3 patch; does absolutely nothing.

Thanks

my mobo is Asus p5w dh deluxe - and i have same problem

replace original AppleSMBIOS.kext (/system/library/extensions) - and it's work fine

if you have AppleSMBIOS.kext in Extra folder - you need delete from this folder

AppleSMBIOS.kext.zip

Updated Kalyway 10.5.6 installation (originally from 10.5.2) to 10.5.7 using the combo update, won't boot into GUI or safe mode. Using -v it stays stuck after detecting IO and does not move on. Made sure the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext was deleted and cleared the cache. Normal boot up goes to grey screen and gear at the bottom spins without end.

Any ideas?

same thing here on a asus p5k. using -v it hangs after AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement. how do I get in there to delete it?

Pretty disastrous here, I'm afraid.

Install is full retail 10.5.6 using PC EFI v9 and an /Extra folder. The update appears to install fine, but upon reboot I get a kernel panic that's related to audio. Safe boot works, so I took my 10.5.6 AppleHDA.kext and put it back inside the regular Extensions folder instead of what was there.

Now, instead of a kernel panic, I get a timeout on IOKitWaitQuiet; in visual terms that means a grey screen with spinning lines, then a switch to a completely black screen that doesn't change (at least for five minutes, which is as long as I was prepared to wait). Can't understand this, since a lot of the IO kexts are in /Extra and that's always worked before (decently quick boot times, in fact).

So much for full retail and PC EFI v9 being the 'update-proof' way of installing. I'd have been better off with a Kalyway or iDeneb hack than this...

Has anyone else encountered a similar problem? My spec is Gigabyte P35-DS3P with an nVidia 8800GT, 4Gb RAM and a Q6600 CPU.

Discy

I am having some issues too. I have a Shuttle K45 hackintosh that worked great with 10.5.6 and then after reading that most people upgraded ok I did it.

My first issues after reboot were no video driver for the intel gma950, sound wasn't working and ethernet wasn't working.

I fixed the video and the sound by putting in the osx86 disc and doing an install of those drivers but it didnt fix my ethernet. I have the Mervell Yukon 88E8056. I have tried doing an install of the kext that I had backed up (the IONetworkingFamily.kext) but that didn't work either. I also hooked up my usb 3g card and did the install drivers from the osx86 tools but that didn't get it working either.

Any help would be appreciated.

Quick question for anyone reading.

How do you know what Kernel you are running?

I was running the voodoo kernel using iPC 10.5.6 but just did the 10.5.7 update.

Does that mean that I am no longer using voodoo and I now using vanilla?

How can I check.

After the update I was able to remove the busratio=20 flag from boot and everything is fine.

JN

Updated directly from apple update. Everything works. I'm not using any disablers or enablers. AppleIntelCPU* doesn't panic on my laptop.

I had to edit my legacyhda driver in extra folder and add RequireMaxBusStall to avoid insertion error. Sound worked with this on first reboot with vanilla sound.

TimeMachine, sound and graphic are added in DSDT.

This is like real thing.

Here is ALC883 legacy driver for ACER Travelmate 2490.

Verbs for DSDT are:

Device (HDEF)
           {
               Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
               Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
               {
                   Store (Package (0x08)
                       {
                           "codec-id", 
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                               0x83, 0x08, 0xEC, 0x10
                           }, 

"layout-id", 
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                               0x73, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00
                           }, 

"device-type", 
                           Buffer (0x11)
                           {
                               "ALC883"
                           }, 

"PinConfigurations", 
                           Buffer (0x10)
                           {
                               /* 0000 */    0x10, 0x11, 0x21, 0x01, 0x40, 0x99, 0xa0, 0x90, 
                               /* 0008 */    0x30, 0x31, 0x81, 0x01, 0x20, 0x01, 0x43, 0x99 
                               /* 0010 */     
                               /* 0018 */     
                               /* 0020 */    
                           }
                       }, Local0)
                   DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                   Return (Local0)
               }
           }

HDA.kext.zip

At least for me it was not needed to be installed in /Extra. I had both Disabler.kext and AppleDecrypt.kext in the /S/L/Extensions folder. That appleintelcpum that you ask, it just goes by many names i think or different kexts for the same purpose: Appleintelcupmdisabler.kext, disabler.kext, etc.

I updated directly (oh well, first downloaded the 10.5.7 update from apples website), and everything went smooth. No opening up terminal and entering those commands before install and then replacing dsmos.kext after the install but before restart. AppleDecrypt and Disabler.kext do all the job for you. And I have both Appleintelcpumanagement and Dont Steal Mac OS X.kext in my extensions folder.

cheers!! ;)

Cool beans. As long as i have a disabler and decrypter i guess im good to go then.

Thanks!