10.5.7 Released

425 posts in this topic

I'm still getting "wating for root device", even though there's a kext for my chipset/SATA controller (AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext) in /S/L/E/IOATAFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns. Does anyone have a solution? Tnx.

System Config:

CPU - Intel Core2Duo E8500

Mainboard - Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R

Graphics Card - PowerColor ATI Radeon 4870 1GB

Vanilla kernel, no disablers, etc.

I updated via Software Update and everything's working just fine.

Only had to re-apply AppleHDA.kext to get sound again.

Just one thing. Under "About this Mac" it now says my CPU is 3.2GHz (says the same in CPU-X) though I know for a fact that it is 3.166MHz.

No biggie, just something I noticed.

No good for me on a vanilla install on a GA-EP45-DS3R with EFI/Cham 2.0RC1.

I installed update from Software Update and rebooted... got the black screen "You need to reboot your computer blah blah".

I rebooted with -v -f and I can get in...

First I removed AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext from S/L/E. Removed AppleAHCIPort.kext and IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext in my EFI /Extra folder and replaced those with LegacyIOAHCIBlockStorage.kext downloaded from this thread. Re-ran the Make-Boot-EFI-Now.sh script to have the kexts and mkext.cache files updated.

Rebooted, same thing... crashola.

Strange thing is, if I reboot with -v -f, I still can get in (but no sound and get the orange disk icon)

The other thing I noticed is my machine under the profiler is listed as "iMac8,1". I thought there were problems if it was labeled as MacPro4,1 for the one new kext file in 10.5.7 (forget the name, it's referenced in this thread)

I'd appreciate any thoughts! Thanks!

**EDIT**

Here's a list of what extensions are in my EFI partition:

ACPIPS2Nub.kext
AppleACPIButtons.kext
AppleACPIEC.kext
AppleACPILPC.kext
AppleACPIPCI.kext
AppleACPIPlatform.kext
AppleACPIPowerSource.kext
AppleACPIThermal.kext
AppleAPIC.kext
AppleDecrypt.kext
AppleGenericPCATA.kext
AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext
ApplePCIConfigurator.kext
ApplePS2Controller.kext
ApplePS2Keyboard.kext
ApplePS2Mouse.kext
ApplePS2Trackpad.kext
AppleSMBIOS.kext
AppleVIAATA.kext
Disabler.kext
HDAEnabler.kext
IOAHCIFamily.kext
IOAHCISerialATAPI.kext
IOATABlockStorage.kext
IOATAFamily.kext
IOATAPIProtocolTransport.kext
IOHDAudioFamily.kext
IONetworkingFamily.kext
JMicronATA.kext
LegacyHDAController.kext
LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.kext
LegacyIOAHCIBlockStorage.kext
Natit.kext
OpenHaltRestart.kext
RealtekR1000.kext
SMBIOSEnabler.kext
SMBIOSResolver.kext
SiliconImage3132.kext
dsmos.kext

--rob

Everything is working great but I've lost usb, does anyone have a kext for intel usb? this upgrade was much easier then .6 was.

hey motoolfan,

try the recompiled AppleUSB* kexts

i installed it with the 10.5.7 repair kit installer posted here in this thread.

with this kext my sleep-function is working again.

lol really? I guess it's just me then..I had no trouble with .6 but this one is totally goobering me up

Same area where mine stopped. I flushed the kext cache and then booted with a Boot-132 CD on device 80 and the GUI loaded. After I could reboot without the CD because the kext cache was based on the Boot-132 CD. The only difference that I can tell is that Chameleon was 1.0.12 on my hard disk and on the Boot-132 CD it was newer. I went ahead and moved my hard disk's Chameleon to 2.0RC1 and flushed the cache again and the problem has seemed to go away.

According to my Software Update Mac Os X Update 10.5.7 is available for download. I'm currently downloading it now and will give it a try. I'm waiting to download it as System Update is telling me it'll take 25+ hours to download a 500meg file. Perhaps the servers are getting slammed now.

Is it available for anyone else? I can't find it on Apple's website.

All went well for me on combo update- asus m70vm-x1 modded bios, vanilla kernel, voodoo hda, voodoo ps2 controller, only thing i needed to do was apply 10.5.6 apple achi to fix orange icon. Everything was good to go - no issues at all.

Portable Computers LG LS70 express update from Retail Leopard 10.5.6 and Voodoo kernel 9.5 to 10.5.7 almost everything is working (even the keyboard and mouse Touchpad using VoodooPS2Controller) except sound card C-Media CMI9880

Also video card ATI mobility X600 QE/CL not supported.

Anyone can help me to define the sound card?

Attached codec_dump.txt

Thanks.

codec_dump.txt

Same area where mine stopped. I flushed the kext cache and then booted with a Boot-132 CD on device 80 and the GUI loaded. After I could reboot without the CD because the kext cache was based on the Boot-132 CD. The only difference that I can tell is that Chameleon was 1.0.12 on my hard disk and on the Boot-132 CD it was newer. I went ahead and moved my hard disk's Chameleon to 2.0RC1 and flushed the cache again and the problem has seemed to go away.

I thought I did that...I got the boot 132 cd burned, but how do i tell it to boot from the HD instead of asking for an install dvd? <--n00b

I have GA-EP45-DS3L w E8400 CPU, 9800GTX+, Vanilla 10.5.6 use EFI-132 Boot. I don't have any IDE devices.

I did the update using the updater in OSX from 10.5.6 to 10.5.7 successfully. I started the update and I went away for 40 mins and when I came back, I saw my PC was up and running. I checked my OSX version and it says 10.5.7. :P

Like others, I had to reinstall AppleHDA and HDAenabler. So I recommand to backup those KEXTs before you update. I have not notice much difference between v10.5.6 and v10.5.7, if nothing at all.

Installed 10.5.7 on my system: iDeneb 10.5.6 running on a Asus p5q-SE w/ modded bios, E7200@3GHz, 2GB 1066 ram, 9600GT 512MB

I had that strange loop - after the update finished and I clicked restart the screens turned blue and nothing happened for about 10 minutes. The screens kept flickering every couple seconds like they're refreshing, but the HD wasn't doing anything and I restarted.

Next boot I started in verbose, saw the desktop for a second, and then it froze but one of the screens turned back into single user with an error.

The next restart went fine - everything's now working except system profiler and sounds on my board. I'm fixing that now...

I had the same issue but with my girlfriend imac (original mac)

Cheers

Try this system profiler. Just delete the one you have now, then replace with this one. I also added the about this mac fix pkg for ppl with the unknown cpu issue.

10.5.7 works great on my Acer Extensa 5220. But Sys-Prof has a Problem. I install JAS System Profiler Fix, but no work...

post-10343-1242316667_thumb.jpg

I lost USB after update. How can i fix that?! I try to use: IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext and IOUSBFamily.kext form 10.5.6 but it doesn't work. Thanks.

rename or delete AppleHPET.kext

Updated on AMD system straight through the Apple Software Update. Just needed to reinstall video drivers and voodoo kernel, because it was overwritten with vanilla.

AMD X2 6000+

GA-MA69G-S3H

HD 2600XT 256 MB GDDR4 PCI-E

Updated on AMD system through the Apple Software Update. Needed to reinstall only kernel (AnV 9.6.0).

iDeneb 1.3 10.5.5+iDeneb Upgrade KIT 10.5.6 rev1+10.5.7 Update

AMD Athlon 64 3000+

GA-K8N-SLI

GeForce 6600GT 128 PCI-E

go to http://support.apple.com/downloads/Mac_OS_..._7_Combo_Update

MAC 10.5.7 combo update installed over a Ideneb 10.5.5 and it is goes right...

vanilla kernel 9.7.0 sees all 4 CORE,

all the hardware in signature goes right

only System Profiler problems.

Installed on 1° SATA HD with MBR ---> bootitNG -->

1 part windows xp pro for music

2 part macosx for music

3 extended

3a windows xp pro for apps

3b windows xp pro for games

4 part bootit embr

other macosx on usb and 2 ide drive as backup (superduper)

only problem is that i have 2 delta66 but mac see only one audio card so i can't aggregate...