10.5.7 Released

425 posts in this topic

Hi,

here, emachines D620 with AMD Athlon™ 2650e, no boot after updating from iDeneb 1.5.6 to 1.5.7.

I've just reinstalled the voodoo kernel, the ATI chipset from the DVD, and the kexts for ATI x1250 and sound.

So...everything is working! LAN, Airport, everything :) (except ce / qi of graphic card... and i've never had the 1280x800 resolution!! :)

regards

Dont know why my system didnt want to boot after update, there were no signs. I took InstallAtStartup folder away using macdrive and it booted, then i rebooted in windows again and manually installed files from installatstartup and system is working fine, thats all. my mb is p5b

ALC883 on 10.5.7 and ASUS P5K working again!

I just did it "the noob way" and ran the ASUS P5K-SE package again that I used when installing the vanilla retail (following the great guide by the guy whose name I can't recall right now, I just know he's cool ;) )... Although it states "Made for 10.5.6" I just gave it a try and it's working in 10.5.7! :D

I'm so glad this worked. There must be another way to do this in a more "universal" way (meaning not just for P5K/P5K-SE users), guess it's somehow related to the Extensions.mkext

I'm just not a big fan of messing around in the terminal, especially when it seems dangerous to do it. Maybe this can help some of you guys...

And by the way: a friend of mine bought one of the last Harpertown MacPros back in February, he paid about 2,000 euros for it (normal price would have been nearly 2,500 euros) and guess what? Updating from 10.5.4 to 10.5.6 failed (stopped during install), updating to 10.5.7 brought up a kernel panic at first, but after all he (as a legimitate Mac owner) now has 10.5.7 running as well. That's why I prefer Hackintoshs over real Macs...

Yeah what about this ? is this Important one ? or just can be removed ;) ? i was google this one but nothing interessting was found...

i think this one isn't so important for MB and MBP

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/09/03...s_x_10_5_7.html

I erased it. Nothing happened.

I erased it. Nothing happened.

That kext seems to be related to handling memory errors on ECC DDR3 memory modules on newest MacPro systems, or something like that, I cant see why its trying to load for other systems?

Well in my system (Core 2 Duo) it doesnt load on boot but it loads with kextload after the system has booted, I'm not sure what it does but I doubt its needed.

Maybe Core i7 systems which doesnt support ECC memory unlike MacPro's Xeons can have problems with it...

Got a q6600 cpu and after the update to 10.5.7 coretemps and activity acts a bit strange. With 10.5.6 while surfing the internet max two cores where used and coretemps stayed pretty low rarely over 35 Celcius. After the update sometimes all four cores are working and temps are sometimes up to 49 Celcius. I even lost a few tracks in a benchmarktest for Logic, used to be able to run 26 tracks before overload now only 22. What´s happening?

As I see it there´s absolutely no need for this update so if you have 10.5.6 stay with it.

That kext seems to be related to handling memory errors on ECC DDR3 memory modules on newest MacPro systems, or something like that, I cant see why its trying to load for other systems?

Well in my system (Core 2 Duo) it doesnt load on boot but it loads with kextload after the system has booted, I'm not sure what it does but I doubt its needed.

Maybe Core i7 systems which doesnt support ECC memory unlike MacPro's Xeons can have problems with it...

Can be!?... i noticed that System Profiler has a new "entry" Memory Slots and a "ECC: Disabled" info.

Till now i didn't saw any attempt of AppleTyMCEDriver.kext to load. I'm running a MacPro2,1 at the moment :(

Edit: yup.. i do have the "AppleTyMCEDriver probe/fail".. don't know how i missed it?? Anyway, think it's not important.

Also (nothing to do with this matter), Hardware now shows "L2 Cache (per core)" (not the total as before) and Serial Number has (system) added to it.

By the way, still didn't needed to use "old" seatbelt.kext or even System.kext... :)

p.s.: For you guys with sound problems, give a try to VoodooHDA.

Can someone confirm that the Samsung Syncmaster works with its native Resolution 1680x1050 when connected with DVI?

YES my works full res. with DVI using EFI strings for 7900GTX

I just noticed my OCZ Platinum 1066MHz DDR2-RAM is now running at 667MHz since the update. :/

It was running at full speed before. Is there any way to change it back?

Everyone with System Profiler and About This Mac problems look here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1156867

MacPro or MacBook has an different smbios table as iMac !

attached: my iMac5,1 smbios.plist (CPU Speed : 2.8, FSB 266 MHZ, RAM 800 MHZ DDR2: edit with your vales)

I'm pretty sure that Chameleon doesn't do anything with the smbios-table information that you've put in your smbios.plist. I think that's an AnV thing.

It's needed in AnV's SMBIOS because his is supposed to replace AppleSMBIOS.kext. Chameleon injects the values instead into the real AppleSMBIOS and therfore it doesn't need to have everything in it, like AnV's replacement does.

Dont know why my system didnt want to boot after update, there were no signs. I took InstallAtStartup folder away using macdrive and it booted, then i rebooted in windows again and manually installed files from installatstartup and system is working fine, thats all. my mb is p5b

I had to do the same thing, had also to remove the InstallAtStartup folder to make it boot again. Anyone any clue what could be the cause of this problem?

I reinstalled OS X 10.5.6 retail and updated with delta installer. It worked flawlessly. The GMA950 worked well this time. Apparently the old install was busted.

I upgraded both my desktop and my laptop to version 10.5.7. Went well, that exemption to have problems with external usb disk and pendrives. With lifted osx, click the disk or the key and is unable to mount. If you boot your computer with the disc or the key conected, then mounts, but occasionally gives a kernel panic. I tried to restore my kext that worked perfectly in 10.5.6. Anybody with the same problem?

Thank youespañolinglés—Detectar idioma—albanésalemánárabebúlgarocatalánchecochinocoreanocroatadanéseslovacoeslov

noespañolestoniofinlandésfrancésgallegogriegohebreohindiholandéshúngaroindonesio

nglésitalianojaponésletónlituanomaltésnoruegopolacoportuguésrumanorusoserbiosuec

tagalotailandésturcoucranianovietnamita > inglésespañol—albanésalemánárabebúlgarocatalánchecochino (simplificado)chino (tradicional)coreanocroatadanéseslovacoeslovenoespañolestoniofinlandésfrancésgal

egogriegohebreohindiholandéshúngaroindonesioinglésitalianojaponésletónlituanomal

ésnoruegopolacoportuguésrumanorusoserbiosuecotagalotailandésturcoucranianovietna

ita cambiar

ASUS P5QL-PRO using Zero Modification EFI partition Retail 10.5.4 Install.

Updated to 10.5.7 from 10.5.6 fine using the .dmg download, then a few problems on reboot, had to remove a few kexts. Orange Icons back, not fixed by using old IOAHCIBlockStorage (tried v1.1.0 + 1.2.0) (advised from netkas.org). havent tried to install audio yet (using the StarTech USB Audio for now). Apart from that seems fine, same old. Restart now works but shutdown still hangs on black screen. will try OpenHaltRestart later to see if that fixes it.

ICH10 works OOB now, but any ideas on the Orange icons (removable drives)?

Fixed my system.

GMA950 users, beware of the new AppleIntelGMA950.kext

If you get garbled display on boot, remove it in single user mode and reinstall the old one.

I fixed this a different way which may cause less problems if you're using an EFI bootloader:

Add this efi string to your com.apple.boot.plist

<key>device-properties</key>

<string>6d0000000100000001000000610000000200000002010c00d041030a000000000101060000027

ff0400100000006d006f00640065006c0000000b000000474d412039353020000000410041005000

c002c00480061007300500061006e0065006c0000000800000001000000</string>

Booting now with chameleon 2 & no gma950, appleintelintegratedframebuffer, or iondrvsupport in Extra folder.

ASUS P5QL-PRO using Zero Modification EFI partition Retail 10.5.4 Install.

Updated to 10.5.7 from 10.5.6 fine using the .dmg download, then a few problems on reboot, had to remove a few kexts. Orange Icons back, not fixed by using old IOAHCIBlockStorage (tried v1.1.0 + 1.2.0) (advised from netkas.org). havent tried to install audio yet (using the StarTech USB Audio for now). Apart from that seems fine, same old. Restart now works but shutdown still hangs on black screen. will try OpenHaltRestart later to see if that fixes it.

ICH10 works OOB now, but any ideas on the Orange icons (removable drives)?

Which is the 1.2 version please can you upload that one?

yeaahhh i found orange icons fix:

You can fix the orange drive icons easily. Go to the extension directory for IOAHCIFamily. Inside you will find a plugin called IOAHCIBlockStorage. Edit this plist. Search for IOAHCIDevice. After it you will want to insert:

<key>Physical Interconnect</key>

<string>SATA</string>

<key>Physical Interconnect Location</key>

<string>Internal</string>

<key>Protocol Characteristics</key>

<dict>

<key>Physical Interconnect</key>

<string>SATA</string>

<key>Physical Interconnect Location</key>

<string>Internal</string>

</dict>

There's no need to edit anything, it's better to leave your extensions untouched, or your {censored} will break again on the next update.

Just use AHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext from the Chameleon 2.0 RC1 binary package.

To the moderators

Please don't waste my time, I'm doing fine by myself in that department already. At least have the courtesy to tell me why you are editing my posts and removing information that is useful to everyone.

if I use -f and -x it works but in safe boot, even if I only use -x.

But normal boot keeps showing a gray corrupted screen. also HW info is wrong after update :S

booting with -x means disabeling gfx support. so i guess you have to remove the old gfx drivers and install matching new ones.

Could you explain where you got the files from and how you did it? I need the same files but I think I installed the wrong kext for the Radeon 3650 and now I get stuck at blue screen even in safe mode. So I need to fix this from Terminal correct? Anyone that could point me in the direction of some info to fix this would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi DAnilizer

Not really relevant to this thread but you can find a whole host of ATI drivers on lastExile's thread here or on the OSX86 wiki.

Note not all HD 3650's are the same. If you have the EAH silent magic, good luck! I got it to work but it was a pain in the ar$e and got RMA'd

Also I'm using koalala's DSDT patcher as apposed to natit.

D

now i update to 10.5.7 successful but in system profiler in hardware it's say "There was an error while gathering this information." What kext make it report ?

P.S. I 've backup all 10.5.6 kext and try AppleSMBios.kext and not work