10.5.7 Released

425 posts in this topic

How to install 10.5.7 on iATKOS 5i (10.5.5) ?

I checked Intel SATA w/o AHCI during installation and Voodoo Kernel

If I install 10.5.7 without doing anything then -> Still waiting for root device ;(

Did the 10.5.7 update through the Software Updater on my FrankenMac.

Here's what I ended up with.

What'd I screw up and how do I fix it?

Thanks.

Where can I get a copy of that hammerhead wallpaper?

As for the booting problem, it would help if you put some details about your system and what osx86 flavour you where using successfully before the update.

well i have a ques

i am running kalyway 10.5.2 and vanilla kernel

however i want to update it

i tried updating it to 10.5.6 using the netkas method

but i got kernel panic and had to reinstall

so can anyone please please tell me how to update it to 10.5.7

i'm kinda a noob so keep that in consideration when telling me

thanks

Where can I get a copy of that hammerhead wallpaper?

As for the booting problem, it would help if you put some details about your system and what osx86 flavour you where using successfully before the update.

Most likely the wallpaper came from Digital Blasphemy.

I was running 10.5.5 xXx

The motherboard is a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P and the video card is a nVidia 8400GS

Thanks.

I tried to install from iPC 10.5.6 Vanilla kernel, ICH9 SATA, and ALC888 audio. I see talks about smbios.plist and others, but I have no idea what this means, and can't seem to find any help on the matter.

I have a 4870, and a GA-P35-DS3L.

I also used the delta updater from apple. Any suggestions?

EDIT: I have been reading more, and there are many talks of making sure XXX kexts are out of XXX folders, and people are restarting twice.

When I did the update, I didn't remove any kexts, and there was one restart after I did -v -f -x, and it gave me the apple logo, and then a gray screen with some artifacts and what looks like split up spinning mouse cursor. Did I miss something?

well i have a ques

thanks

hmm any reply??

i really need some help

I tried to install from iPC 10.5.6 Vanilla kernel, ICH9 SATA, and ALC888 audio. I see talks about smbios.plist and others, but I have no idea what this means, and can't seem to find any help on the matter.

I have a 4870, and a GA-P35-DS3L.

I also used the delta updater from apple. Any suggestions?

EDIT: I have been reading more, and there are many talks of making sure XXX kexts are out of XXX folders, and people are restarting twice.

When I did the update, I didn't remove any kexts, and there was one restart after I did -v -f -x, and it gave me the apple logo, and then a gray screen with some artifacts and what looks like split up spinning mouse cursor. Did I miss something?

http://netkas.org/?p=103#comments

well i have a ques

thanks

try this. worked great for me. I am now on 10.5.7

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=108450

I tried using smbios.plist with Chameleon 2,info got updated in system profiler but processor specific page still gives me error.

When i did syslog i got :

Mon Jun 15 04:45:38 xXx System Profiler[631] <Error>: *** -\[sPPlatformReporter marketingStringForMHz:\]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x32ac60

Mon Jun 15 04:45:38 xXx System Profiler[631] <Warning>: Exception while calling \[sPiPlatformReporter updateDictionary:\]\n*** -\[sPPlatformReporter marketingStringForMHz:\]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x32ac60

Please Help !!! :D

Edit:Solved the issue.Using SPPlatformReporter.smreporter from post #156(Page#8,By Jas)

I however only replace the binary file SPPlatformReporter.

Reason:

From my SPPlatformReporte binary:

xXx:~ xxx$ strings SPPlatformReporter.spreporter/Contents/MacOS/SPPlatformReporter |grep -i market

marketingStringForSpeed:units:

xXx:~ xxx$

--------------------------------------------------------------------

But from the above mentioned post i have :

xXx:~ xxx$ strings SPPlatformReporter.spreporter/Contents/MacOS/SPPlatformReporter |grep -i market

marketingStringForMHz:

xXx:~ xxx$

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated trough software update with no problems, a couple of reboots and everything worked fine except for usb and dmg mounting, replaced kernel and some other stuff with previous versions and everything worked like a charm

The only things to fix:

- System profiler first tab (There was a problem while gathering bla bla bla)

- Sleep, my hack didn't sleep at all... with this new update it does... but when it comes back to live the mouse speed is terribly high and the system ends up collapsing (any ideas on how to fix this)

My specs

amd 64 3000+

a8n-e motherboard

chamaleon stable version

10.5.5 to 10.5.7 went almost perfect =)

Acer Aspire 3680 - T5500 Intel Core 2 Duo 1.66Ghz/1.67Ghz - 2b Ram - 160gb HD

Used iAtkos 5i distro & upgraded with default Software Update Combo 10.5.7

Only needed to replace a few Kexts, Bundles & a few manual fixes as I had to do on 10.5.5, they most seemed to work on 10.5.7

Working: Bluetooth, Sounds (Speaker/Headphones/Mic), 950GMA(Qz/E), 1 Core 2 Processors, Keyboard, Mouse(Touchpad), Full Display & Quite Fast system response

just few minor errors

1. About This Mac > More Info... > shows "There was an error while gathering this information." :shock:

2. LAN (Marvel Yukon - 88E8038 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller) is detected but when ethernet is connected it says: Self-IP something like that *I need a Fix for this*

3. WLAN (Atheros AR5005G) onboard does not work... probably have something else preventing it since I assume its suppose to work on 10.5.7 with my wlan device os package(worked for me on 10.5.5/10.5.6). I should need some help on this issue.... anyways... used USB Netgear WG111v2 Wireless works flawlessly (10.5.5/10.5.6/10.5.7)

So those are my only minor errors on 10.5.7

1. About This Mac > More Info... > shows "There was an error while gathering this information." :shock:

If you are using time machine just grab the applesmbios kext from /L/S/E and replace if not check on google it will sed you to one page on this thread

If you are using time machine just grab the applesmbios kext from /L/S/E and replace if not check on google it will sed you to one page on this thread

I did as you first suggested, replacing it from a past applesmbios (used from a backup I had from 10.5.5) - It Did Work *THANKS*

but well... had a newer issue with 10.5.7 ... opening any ( .dmg ) file Freeze Up my OS during its mounting - since I couldn't mount any of those type of installers... I decided to format and put back 10.5.5 (everything woks here for me) .. Now stepping away from 10.5.7 for a while

Hopefully I will manage to try again later on next week... my Hard Drive needs to rest for a while hehee =P

Thank You for this information estebanrao, it helped me a great deal!

Thanks

:)

OK - I am in 10.5.7 now, but I can't get audio to work, and I can't boot unless it is in safemode..

I tried VoodooHDA, and haven't gotten it to work. I load the prefpane, and it says "Error: Can't get registry-entry path". It then proceeds to load the panel, but it says VoodooHDA ERROR, and adjusting the controls do nothing. Also, in Sound, no output device is detected, and when I close the VoodooHDA prefpane, it says "Error: Can't open IO service"

Any help with either of these issues?

Late update today via software update (from retail install 10.5.6), everything's fine here (10.5.7 update, iTunes 8.2, Quicktime, Airport, etc). Had no time to mess around the weeks before :( I have no jumping mouse with my 8600GT btw anymore (before deleted AppleUpstream...kext)