[UPDATED] Chameleon 2.0RC2 is out! With Official Installer

Onixs

447 posts in this topic

i'm probably being really stupid, but how do you safe boot with chameleon?

it lists the -x flag in the gui instructions, but there's nowhere to enter it :rolleyes:

You don't need a place to enter it. Just type the -x and you wil see it appear on the lower part of the display. Then, press Enter.

Hello guys I am having some trouble I hope you can help

I am using Final Cut 6 and when I updated to chameleon 2 rc1 I can't start it anymore I even tried re installing the retail and everything but same thing.

It starts logading and then stops at Loading FCS Engine... and it just sits there with the splash screen.

Hope someone can help osx 10.5.6 and 10.5.7 same thing

1. Boot Selector in the Boot Plist doesn't work (ex. hd(0,2) doesn't auto-boot my boot drive)

You mean Default Partition ? Where is this option , how i can put Boot Selector in boot.plist ?

I haven't seen ANY of the USB stick issues you've seen. I have the UD3R & UD3P and both of them boot from USB, have default drives (1,2 - remember the stick is 0,2) and LegacyIOAHCIBlockStorage/IOAHCIBlockStorage kexts load just fine. Also, Extensions.mkext loads up without issue. As for the processor type, I think that's across most models. Same thing happened on my EFI-X chip.

Odd, it's happened on ALL my boards so far. Thanks for the update. Maybe I have a bad download of RC1? Strange...as far as the Processor type goes, I think it's due to the type of processor. I tested it on the following CPUs:

-E2180 (Dual-Core Pentium)

-E5200 (Core 2 Duo)

-Q6600 (Core 2 Quad)

It worked flawless with the E2180, but the stock Silverlight still wouldn't install with the E5200 and Q6600. So apparently only the older dual-core Pentium chips appear as "Intel" chips with the stock SMBIOS setup. Interesting...

Odd, it's happened on ALL my boards so far. Thanks for the update. Maybe I have a bad download of RC1? Strange...as far as the Processor type goes, I think it's due to the type of processor. I tested it on the following CPUs:

-E2180 (Dual-Core Pentium)

-E5200 (Core 2 Duo)

-Q6600 (Core 2 Quad)

It worked flawless with the E2180, but the stock Silverlight still wouldn't install with the E5200 and Q6600. So apparently only the older dual-core Pentium chips appear as "Intel" chips with the stock SMBIOS setup. Interesting...

Same here Q6600 unable to install Silverlight.

How i can make auto-boot my boot drive.

Never managed to trick the Geek with MacPro3,1.

MacPro2,1, MacBookPro2,1, iMac8,1 and iMac5,1 all work for me.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry but this Version of Chameleon :( !!!

completely hosed my mbr !

always i get a instant reboot !

tooks me hours to go back to first Version, thanks to the new iAtkos v7 DVD !

i don't get it why the installer compile a new DSDT without using the existing one ?

why the installer copy the " 3 kexts " to the Extra folder anyway even if i uncheck them during install ?

did i miss something ?

CooSee ' Ya

Hello guys I am having some trouble I hope you can help

I am using Final Cut 6 and when I updated to chameleon 2 rc1 I can't start it anymore I even tried re installing the retail and everything but same thing.

It starts logading and then stops at Loading FCS Engine... and it just sits there with the splash screen.

Hope someone can help osx 10.5.6 and 10.5.7 same thing

If you wait long enough do you get a crash report?

I just found a very strange and disturbing thing: Chameleon EFI seems to break sleep even on Windows. If I boot first into Chameleon, then select my Windows 7 ("System Reserved" aka boot partition), boot into Windows and try to put it to sleep, it will either wake up instantly or has the same problem I have with OSX, goes to sleep but never turns off the computer and won't wake up.

I tried this first using the Xiarahehrehrehrhre whatever bootloader that is available on iAtkos v7 and with it sleep works at least in Windows. For some reason iAtkos v7 can't install default darwin bootloader so can't test with that.

I just found a very strange and disturbing thing: Chameleon EFI seems to break sleep even on Windows. If I boot first into Chameleon, then select my Windows 7 ("System Reserved" aka boot partition), boot into Windows and try to put it to sleep, it will either wake up instantly or has the same problem I have with OSX, goes to sleep but never turns off the computer and won't wake up.

I tried this first using the Xiarahehrehrehrhre whatever bootloader that is available on iAtkos v7 and with it sleep works at least in Windows. For some reason iAtkos v7 can't install default darwin bootloader so can't test with that.

Yes, I have this same problem with the bootloader that came with the iDeneb install. Booting using that prevents my Window 7 install from sleeping. Booting directly off the Windows 7 hard drive allows the same installation to sleep properly.

I finally gave up on a single-drive dual OS X /Windows 7 boot and have gone to a two-drive separate boot, where I change the boot drive in the BIOS. Not convenient but at least Windows sleeps.

Sounds like the Chameleon GUI loader will have the same problem....

Even if it is a different hard drive? Because that seems kind of a stretch. Maybe it is your motherboard if the OS's are on different hard drives.

I seem to have a problem repeating my own success. I managed to install v10 on 2 machines but failed repeatedly on others. I got a binary package installer from a download source. The problem here with me is after declaring a successful installation, I boot up and I see the old version still-dated in April.

Does anyone know what my problem is?

Let's put it this way, what is the right way of installing v10 over the existing v9?

Much appreciated.

Hi,

I have a vanilla 10.5.7 on one huge partition on a 1TB drive with Chameleon 2.0RC1 as bootloader, all working fine.

I then plugged in a spare 2.5" SATA drive that I found and installed Windows 7 on it, which boots fine by itself and also works when I boot it via Chameleon.

My question is: Is it possible to add a second partition on the 1TB drive via disk utility and copy all contents of the 2.5" drive on it, so that I can dual boot OS X and Windows 7?

Will it delete the bootloader by splitting the OS X partition on the 1TB drive?

Will Windows 7 be able to start via Chameleon? (I assume that Windows 7 installed its own boot manager on the 2.5" drive, which won't be transfered, when I copy everything manually)

Thanks,

Chris

How did you guys manage to run SL in 64 bit? I'm having KP during installation booting, and back trace to IOATAFamily.kext. I tried replace the IOATAFamily.kext with the one from Leopard and it boots fine only in x32 mode. No dice for x64. Guess its because the Leopard ATA kext does not support 64 bit.

• 2 weeks later...
If Zef still working in the new Chameleon 2 RC2 and not ready yet, why posting something without the file? ;) It's not even available in the chameleon site yet.

It was but it got taken down for some reason

Anyway back to my problem has anyone had trouble upgrading from chameleon RC1 to RC2 in iATKOS 10.5.7??

I had to install it as enhanced HFS as it wouldn't upgrade to standard.