[UPDATED] Chameleon 2.0RC2 is out! With Official Installer

Onixs

447 posts in this topic

Dear Kably,

My computer is with a MSI-P45 Platinum MOBO, Intel Quad Core 6600, 2gig of RAM. I saw your great breakthrough here on this site. Now I would like to humbly request you to send me the patch if possible at my email address; azad.dhaka@hotmail.com. I trying to install hakintosh from last 8 months, and I went through tons of pain doing that. I m not that much techno guy with BIOS, if possible please help me with an easy way.

Thank u in advance, god bless.

Azad.

After Hibernation i try to wake my Hack by using "ForceWake=y" cause of sleepimage "being too old" (which it's not). I then get a "Incorrect image signature" Errormessage and Chameleon still won't load the sleepimage.

What does the Errormessage mean and how can i avoid it? I'd really like to use Hibernation.

Hey, I just installed Chameleon 2.0RC2 over Chameleon 1.0.11, and now when I boot the drive instead of showing the bootloader it freezes up, just showing a backslash, with a blinking line below it. The only thing I changed was updating the bootloader. Any ideas?

I have the same issue with my 500G + 1TB drive set. To get around it, I disabled the 1T drive in the BIOS, so it's not "visible" to the bootloader during boot process. After OSX boots, the partitions on the 1T drive show up fine.

This is obviously less than optimal, since I can't boot OS's installed on the 1T drive...

i don't seem to be able to get rc2 to pick up my extensions.mkext. it's the exact same one i used for rc1 placed in /Extra booting 10.5.8. i can get it to work using plain old extensions in /Extra/Extensions but because of this my legacyHDA kexts wont load. any suggestions?

regards,

marc

i don't seem to be able to get rc2 to pick up my extensions.mkext. it's the exact same one i used for rc1 placed in /Extra booting 10.5.8. i can get it to work using plain old extensions in /Extra/Extensions but because of this my legacyHDA kexts wont load. any suggestions?

regards,

marc

Do you have your "/Extensions" folder renamed to something else?

I my experience, a boot cache works best when you have the kexts in a folder named something other than "Extensions." Otherwise, there appears to be a kext loading conflict.

MAJ

Hey all,

In installing Windows 7 I managed to erase my Chameleons on two different drives, and now I can't get into Mac OS :/

I tried manually doing it from the terminal using a iDeneb DVD, but it doesn't load...

(I did

./fdisk -f boot0 -u-y /dev/rdisk5 (5 was my usb drive)

dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdisk5s1

cp boot /Volumes/EFIUSB

and then with Windows/Macdrive I copied my Extra folder over from my Leopard installation)

Did I do it wrong, or is there a way to install it from Windows to a flash drive?

Do you have your "/Extensions" folder renamed to something else?

I my experience, a boot cache works best when you have the kexts in a folder named something other than "Extensions." Otherwise, there appears to be a kext loading conflict.

MAJ

spot on, thanks. deleted the extensions folder which had nothing in it and now it picks it up fine. i'm guessing the folder takes priority over the mkext then.

many thanks,

marc

Hi everyone, I've been using Chameleon 2.0RC2 happily for a few months now, but upon reboot today I realized that the com.apple.Boot.plist file in my /Extra/ folder wasn't being loaded. I don't see any errors in verbose mode, but there's no timeout, my "Graphics Mode" setting is ignored, etc.

Does anyone know what would cause this? I tried chmod 755 and chown root:wheel on the file, but it didn't make a difference. Sorry if this has been answered before... I tried searching, to no avail.

Hi everyone, I've been using Chameleon 2.0RC2 happily for a few months now, but upon reboot today I realized that the com.apple.Boot.plist file in my /Extra/ folder wasn't being loaded. I don't see any errors in verbose mode, but there's no timeout, my "Graphics Mode" setting is ignored, etc.

Does anyone know what would cause this? I tried chmod 755 and chown root:wheel on the file, but it didn't make a difference. Sorry if this has been answered before... I tried searching, to no avail.

Is there any other Boot.plist available in any of the other folders? Secondly, can you post or attach the content of the boot.plist?

Do you have more than one OS X partition on that HD ?

Are all /Extra (fi more than one OS X partition) same or differnent ?

Perhaps RC2 loads an boot.plist from an other partition.

Do you have more than one OS X partition on that HD ?

Are all /Extra (fi more than one OS X partition) same or differnent ?

Perhaps RC2 loads an boot.plist from an other partition.

Exactly. I was thinking the same thing. Might be booting from a partition other than the one he is selecting at the bootloader.

MAJ

My partitions are set up as follows:

Partition 1: Windows 7 (HFS+)

Partition 2: OSX (HFS+)

Partition 3: Data (HFS+)

Originally, Data was formatted as NTFS and I was using NTFS-3G. That is, until NTFS-3G crashed and wiped a bunch of the files off (egh.) So, I reformatted Data as HFS+, and after a few days of use got around to rebooting it and now com.apple.Boot.plist isn't being read. Perhaps, somehow, there is a hidden Boot.plist on the new partition? I think I would've noticed it, but I'll do a search when I get home from work.

I need the possibility to choose different kernels via boot loader (NOT hard-coded into the boot.plist!), like before at the Darwin boot prompt.

How can I do that with the graphical Chameleon? This is a really necessary feature. I would prefer an option to get back down to the darwin boot prompt. Choosing kernels via the GUI would be fine, too, but that option is really important ....

Thank you,

Bugs

[EDIT]: solved thanks to Kabyl: "Just start typing and it will be shown at the bottom of the screen. And you can use Tab to switch b/w GUI and text mode."

Chameleon is obviously ignoring the timeout in the boot.plist, which is very sad, awkward and inconvenient.

I need the possibility to choose different kernels via boot loader (NOT hard-coded into the boot.plist!), like before at the Darwin boot prompt.

How can I do that with the graphical Chameleon? This is a really necessary feature.

Thank you,

Bugs

Buggs,

I am using Chameleon2-rc2 and the timeout works for me when I chose to use it. However, I have found that in some instances Chameleon will ignore the parameters set in the /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist and, instead, use the kernel name and flags found in the /L/P/S version of the boot.plist.

If you havent already, try setting the value you want in the /L/P/S version.

BladeRunner,

I refined my request, see above, guess I was not clear enough. I was hoping to get back down to the darwin boot prompt via the time-out, that's why I mentioned it. The time-out itself is totally secondary.

[EDIT]: solved, see above

After Hibernation i try to wake my Hack by using "ForceWake=y" cause of sleepimage "being too old" (which it's not). I then get a "Incorrect image signature" Errormessage and Chameleon still won't load the sleepimage.

What does the Errormessage mean and how can i avoid it? I'd really like to use Hibernation.

Go to System Preferences > Security > untick "use secure virtual memory"

Open Terminal, and type:

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0

hit enter, and type:

sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage

hit enter, reboot and the message is gone!

Hi. First post here, :( I am having some problems with Chameleon 2 RC2, or so it seems. I am following the instructions in the link below to create a bootable OSx86 partition on my USB stick. However, when coming to the installation of Chameleon (yes, I have chosen the USB stick) the installation process simply halts at "Installing Core - Writing package receipt". What could be wrong?

What also is a little bit worrying is that directly in "HD" (my system disk) I can se "Core.pkg". Is Chameleon trying to install itself onto my system disk instead of the USB stick or what? I have understood that that is no good (if the case).

Link I am following,

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=164264