[UPDATED] Chameleon 2.0RC2 is out! With Official Installer

Onixs

447 posts in this topic

If Zef still working in the new Chameleon 2 RC2 and not ready yet, why posting something without the file? ;) It's not even available in the chameleon site yet.

Sorry, we found a bug what caused memory allocation errors for some ppl. I'm repackaging the files using the fixed version then it will be ready to download again in a few hours.

Great to see that RC2 is out! Automatic devicepropertycreation for my Geforce 7600 works good, but not for my Ethernetcard. Since RC2 i have the UUID Error 35 back :)

I have a deviceproperty for my Ethernet NIC in my com.apple.Boot.plist but it isn't recognised as internal Ethernet. I removed the deviceproperty and enabled "EthernetBuiltIn=Yes", but my Ethernetcard is not recognised as Built-In.

lspci says:

03:01.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL-8139/8139C/8139C+ (rev 10)

Any hints?

Sorry, we found a bug what caused memory allocation errors for some ppl. I'm repackaging the files using the fixed version then it will be ready to download again in a few hours.

thank you for you work. hope it be more stable and more snow compatible then 431.

If Zef still working in the new Chameleon 2 RC2 and not ready yet, why posting something without the file? :rolleyes: It's not even available in the chameleon site yet.

Its available now. ;)

http://chameleon.osx86.hu/articles/chameleon-20rc2-is-available-with-new-features-and-less-bugs

Installer package:

http://chameleon.osx86.hu/file_download/36/Chameleon-2.0-RC2-r640.pkg.zip

You can get the binaries here:

http://chameleon.osx86.hu/file_download/34/Chameleon-2.0-RC2-r640-bin.tar.gz

thank you for you work. hope it be more stable and more snow compatible then 431.

Not in my experience. :(

Back to PC-EFI v10

I like the kext path overlay when ignoring the cache, but it needs to be sped up quite a bit. I hazard a guess it difficult blitting those custom characters out on the background with no GPU support.

It still has a problem with reading the proper kexts from the selected partition. -_-

If you want to boot SL, for example, you still have to select the partition via BIOS to boot with the correct kexts. Attempting to boot SL from the same bootloader on a different partition will fail, even if you have the same bootloader installed on all bootable partitions. Is this a feature?

regards,

MAJ

Where could I report bugs?

This version corrupts my bios settings, I think.

After rebooting it boots normally till the moment is should boot chameleon from hd.

At that point I get a black screen and nothing else.

When I reset the pc I still get a black screen, after clearing the cmos it boots normally again.

Anyone experienced the same?

System:

GA-P45-DS3, retail install, voodoo kernel + voodohda, efi strings for nv8600gt.

sidenote, if i remove the efi strings for the 8600gt it should still be detected or not? that part is confusing me.

It's even worse. With RC2 i can no longer define my Ethernetcard as BuiltIn. The EFI String which worked with RC1 does not work with RC2 and i get the "CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35" Error with RC2.

So i am back to RC1.

@ Dr. Hurt: How can i define my Ethernetcard as internal with a patched DSDT? I have already extracted my DSDT with DSDT Patcher.

It's even worse. With RC2 i can no longer define my Ethernetcard as BuiltIn. The EFI String which worked with RC1 does not work with RC2 and i get the "CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35" Error with RC2.

So i am back to RC1.

@ Dr. Hurt: How can i define my Ethernetcard as internal with a patched DSDT? I have already extracted my DSDT with DSDT Patcher.

CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

This has nothing to do with Chameleon. Use the UUID.kext for that.

I thought this bootloader was supposed to set the Ethernet as built in without us having to do so in the DSDT. I was wrong. When I removed the ethernet code from the DSDT, Time Machine broke. I don't know if this is a bug, or if I misunderstood what the new feature is or if I just don't know how to use it.

This is the code I use for the Ethernet in the DSDT:

Device (LAN)   //got from mitch_de
			   {
				   Name (_ADR, 0x00)
				   Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
				   {
					   0x0B, 
					   0x04
				   })
				   Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
				   {
					   Store (Package (0x04)
						   {
							   "built-in", 
							   Buffer (0x01)
							   {
								   0x01
							   }, 

"device_type", 
							   Buffer (0x09)
							   {
								   "ethernet"
							   }
						   }, Local0)
					   DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
					   Return (Local0)
				   }
			   }

@ Dr. Hurt

Thanks a lot. Concerning UUID Error 35: The Error does not appear under RC1. If you have a Ethernet NIC defined as Built-In, the UUID is generated out of the MAC of that NIC. This works fine with RC1, but not with RC2.

Strange thing is, the NIC does not show up as "Ethernet Built-In" with RC1 or RC2 in Apple Systemprofiler. It shows as "Ethernet Adaptor en0". So maybe it does work under RC2 and some other change in RC2 is preventing the UUID generation?

How can i check if the NIC is used as Ethernet Built-In NIC by MacOS?

Fact is that i have no UUID Error 35 with RC1 and Deviceproperty EFI String in com.apple.Boot.plist

Fact is that i have no UUID Error 35 with RC1 and Deviceproperty EFI String in com.apple.Boot.plist

RC1 I have UUID Error 35 without UUID.kext.

This is the case if I use DSDT fix or EFI string or RealtekR100.kext for internal NIC or not !

D

Ok Same question that was so nicely answered last time I asked but in this case I wonder the rc 2 says it installs on RAID ??

Does it or do you need to get the boot files to do this, my question is where are the boot files if I need them for this rc 2 install.

Thanks...

I don´t know but it seems strange it does´nt work for some guys that have about the same gear as I have. Are these problems really related to the updated chameleon? I have a GA EP45-DS3 mobo a q6600 cpu and two noname pcie 7300gs 512 mb videocards. On and of I´ve had some mouselag problems on my main display (I have three displays) but no more. QE and all that stuff is still OK even QGL, onboard ethernet no problem, Logic works ok etc etc.

I´ve just finnished installing osx on a friends computer, (he´s got the same mobo as I have). For some reason probably just because I had to use an old ide harddrive that have been formated way to many times in way to many filesystems from win to linux it gave me a hard time. Gues what fixed it in the end? I give you a hint Chameleon 2.0RC2 <_< . Usually this mobo is a piece of cake but not this time. Worked for hours on it and finally I had to use my own carbon copy clooner backup, reversed it to this ide drive using an external usb thingy. Still in the usb thingy I managed to boot finally. Once up running I installed this update put it back in the computer booted up and voila all good like there never was any problem at all.

I don´t even know what videocard he have, it´s a silent though but it worked QE and the rest of stuff no problem. Only thing that did´nt was dual displays. You could only use one of the ports but that´s because we never bothered to find out what kext to go with cause he only use one display so there´s no need.

I think this release is great.