254 replies to this topic

free30

free30

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Great little stories everyone!!Posted Image
I wanted free on a site and they gave me this. Can't be comunicated verbally, too confusing.
Free30

chapel

chapel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Well, Ill try to explain it as best I can.

I grew up in a highly religious family, we went to church like 3 days a week. I spent alot of time worshipping god. We always went to the same church, The Chapel of St. Ricardo. When I first had to come up with an alias online, I couldnt think of anything, but then my parents wanted me to goto the chapel with them. I guess it just kinda hit a chord and stuck.

I dont know if you believe that or not, but really chapel is my last name, and Im an ex-jock, as you know jocks get called by their last names alot. So after being called chapel ever since junior high, it just stuck. I really like my name. Sorry to anyone that actually believed the above.

Cupertino

Cupertino

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Perhaps my name doesn't need any further explanation. If you don't know Cupertino, you need to seriously read up on Apple Computer. Cupertino is the most amazing place... for anyone who has never seen the Apple campus in Silicon Valley... well worth a ROAD TRIP!!!

Posted Image

Colonel

Colonel

11 Herbs & Spices

• Retired
  • 4,157 posts

Perhaps my name doesn't need any further explanation. If you don't know Cupertino, you need to seriously read up on Apple Computer. Cupertino is the most amazing place... for anyone who has never seen the Apple campus in Silicon Valley... well worth a ROAD TRIP!!!

Posted Image

You must be the luckiest guy on Earth. I can't wait until I can go there.

U.C.

U.C.

The Leopard Roars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts
  • Interests:Everything Apple, Computers, Movies
Unstable Connection is a name of one of my favourite wallpapers. Also I tend to drop stuff a lot, u know kinda Unstable :)

bliss

bliss

we have done with P.O.W.E.R.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
when i was the first day on the internet i needed a nickname. i looked around in my room at some posters, there was an old poster from the band nirvana. before nirvana was nirvana they were: skid row, ted ed fred, pen cap chew and bliss (in the beginning they had name problems so there was nirvana, aka ........). so bliss was the only one-word-name and i picked it and im using it until today and maybe forever... :)

Staphyl

Staphyl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Anything Macintosh or Apple.
Staphyl pronounced (St-ah-ful) originates from the microbe Staphylococcus. Latin of course. Just saw it one day while googling for nicks and it stuck. No one else has my nick. Quite ingenious if you ask me.

bwhsh8r

bwhsh8r

InsanelyMac Deity

• Gurus
  • 2,085 posts
Bwhsh8r stands for bishop watterson high school hater.... witch is where i currently attend school. :thumbsdown_anim:

max

AppleLegal

AppleLegal

who wants a subpoena?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
I try to scare n00bs on IRC. It works fairly well :thumbsdown_anim:

sandwer

sandwer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 97 posts
Big IBM installations use a userid password system called RACF, and sandwer was my first ever ID... Its a juxtaposition of first initial and x letters of the surname. Ingenious those chaps at IBM, eh? No hacker could ever guess that :)

Laughs@AppleLegal - nice one...

//R

biped

biped

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
i like to be non-descript, ninja-style.

errandwolfe

errandwolfe

Usurper of Wilson, King of Prussia

• Donators
  • 1,429 posts
My nickname comes from the Phish production "Gamehendge". In it, Errand Wolfe is a revolutionary fighter desperately trying to over throw the evil King Wilson by capturing the Happy Phriendly Book. Alas once the book is in Errand's position, given to him by the Famous Mockingbird, he usurps Wilson and takes power for himself.

vbetts

vbetts

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
Vbetts, easy.

First name is Vincent. Last is Betts,V(vincent)betts(Self explanitory.Rofl.)

REVENGE

REVENGE

Made of Win

• Retired Developers
  • 684 posts
REVENGE: A bold name that sends a message to fellow gamers...well...if I don't noob it [*sigh]. Anyways, yeah people have complained about me using a nickname in all caps, but others have pointed out that its fitting for the term...

PS: And for those of you who don't know, my avatar is an ARM Commander from TA:Spring, firing his DGUN.

sandmanfvrga

sandmanfvrga

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
Sandman: I always liked that name. Used that is planning games on lan (Unreal Tournament etc).

Fvr: Stands for forever. I had to add that back in my AOL days.

Ga: Georgia, USA. I had add that when I went back to AOL the second time.

I usually use sandmanfvr on the net. Everywhere. If you see sandmanfvr on forums, that is me. I just used the ga version for the hell of it. heh

39thRonin

39thRonin

Mac OS X - 10 Steps into the future of Computing...

• Retired
  • 356 posts
Known as 39th Ronin around the 'Net:

The tale of the Forty-Seven Ronin (also known as the Forty-Seven Samurai, the Akō vendetta, or in Japanese as the "akō rōshi" (赤穂浪士 Akō Wandering Samurai) or the "genroku akō jiken" (元禄赤穂事件 Genroku Akō Incident)) is a prototypical Japanese story. Described by one noted Japan scholar as the country's "national legend" [1], it recounts the most famous case involving the samurai code of honor, bushido. The story tells of a group of samurai who were left leaderless (became ronin) after their master was forced to commit seppuku (ritual suicide) for assaulting a court official named Kira, who had insulted him. They avenged him by killing the court official after patiently waiting and planning for over a year. In turn, they were themselves forced to commit seppuku for committing the crime of murder, as they had known they would be—the tale being about the honorable fulfillment of revenge, especially for an honorable leader.

For more detailed info, please see: http://en.wikipedia....ki/Ako_vendetta

As for why I chose this nick - well, it is unique, I love Japanese history & Samurai tales, and as a former Netscaper I intend to take my revenge on M$ someday ;-)

Lt. Xenodite

Lt. Xenodite

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Lt. Xenodite
Hmm...I'm not too sure about my name. All I can tell you is that I invented it, and no-one else has it or anything similar. The root (Xenodite) I made a few years ago, I do not remember how I made it. The Lt. (for Lieutenant) came in about a year after establishing the original. I even my name engraved (by CNC) on a metal plate on my keychain.

I recently (in the last few months) started using the shorthand of my name, LTX or ltx. I am starting to use that mainly for account names and idenfication and such.

Next?

Takuro

Takuro

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired
  • 1,162 posts
I grew up in the early and mid 1990s when anime was beginning to take America by storm. Sure, there've been Japanese cartoons on American T.V. before, but this was the biggest period of anime craze in the U.S. Being a young and impressionable person, I feel into the Pokemon fads and joined a lot of anime rpg chatrooms.

I originally used the name "Koolaid Man" and did the "wall-busting" thing every time I enter a chat room, but it didn't fit into place with what everybody else was doing. I used Google to find some Japanese names, started scrolling, and stopped with my cursor on a random name. "Takuro" was selected so I went by that alias.

Later I found it was a good alias for other reasons. It's among the most common of Japanese male names, so it does provide some sort of identity protection. Since it isn't an original name at all, doing a Google search would bring thousands of results that wouldn't conclusively track me. At the same time, it's rarely used in chats and messageboards that are predominately English-speaking, so there isn't much chance of finding somebody who already has a similiar name in the places I commonly visit.

Edit I just did a Google search and the 3rd result was a hyperlink to my wiki profile. Ok, maybe its not so secure, but I still like the name. It just stuck.

salax

salax

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 122 posts
Salax originates in the Greek word salahi which means stingray. I visited Barcelona a long time ago, and they had a realy big aquarium there, where there was this oval pool with lots of stingrays swimming around, that you could actually touch. That trully amazed me, and when i got back home (Greece) i told my friends that i figured out the name for our rock band. Being a girl, they thought it would've been something stupid, until i said: salahooures (meaning stingray tails). They found it very original, and we adopted it. Well, the years went by, we didn't actually evolve into anything pro music-wise, but the name remained and i still use it one way or another..

Xeijin

Xeijin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:Zelda, Gaming, Web Design, ... my Hackintosh
Mine was a bit like Takuro's, needed to think of a new name (previously under 'Chibi Link') I'm pretty into anime and stuff so I started using the english > japanese translators, trying random english words and observing the outcome. Finally, I settled on 'Master' which converted to japanese is 'Meijin' however the domain 'Meijin' was taken, so through a simple process of first-letter-substitution I found myself with 'Xeijin' :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy