The "Explain your nickname" thread

Swad

266 posts in this topic

My nicksname is kind of simple.Zealot just because i like the way the Starcraft zealots talk.Thats it and

i didnt want it to use my others nicknames (Mithrandir,Kaito).

Since i m a Hip hop geek you should see it on the streets too.

Taukora!

i love the combat !

• 3 weeks later...
4:20 =(responsible marijuana use)

Responsible use of pot, excellent, and remember it's always 4:20 somewhere ;)

Mine is simple, my name and birth year. I've been known to get a little lippy sometimes too :)

Edited by joe75

Mine came from a one of my favorite songs. The song was called Break The Chains, by Bionic Jive. I've been using it on the net ever since. I also have another name for video games and stuff like that. That one is CarbonatedWater or if I can't use that many letters it's CarbWater. I was trying to use a name no one else used and that was the one. If you see me around remember to say hi.

Apparently other people have used the name but I still did it first. I wish it was copyrightable instead of just trademarkable.

Edited by BreakTheChains

Depending on my mood, I'll use more than one nickname. The most common one for me is simply "Lucas", which comes from high-school. It was used to "tease" me (because I was, like I assume some of us, a geek to be teased and rejected), but I accepted it and used it even with my friends, so the joke was on them! Ok that was a rather short version of the explanation, the whole thing is on here: My Wiki.

I've also used "Hikaru-Kun" with my asian-fangirls-and-fanboys-type friends.

Pretty long story here.

I have had plenty of nicks, some based on my real Christian names (I have got 3!)

My very first nick was nothing but my real first name. It was a Linux forum, I was unexperienced and I partly earned a reputation for being a troll (my intentions were good, I believed certain things could be done better. I was proven right in the long run).

So when I moved on, I picked my second real name, sometimes followed by my day and month of birth. This one became quite known (and loved, because I liked to help people) over the internet. I used it at Linuxiso.org, now dead, at Libranet (also dead), and ExtremeTech forum, which changed software and we had all to re-register and our posts count started from zero. So this second nick was very unlucky.

I have a third name, which I still use in some forums, and then nicks which are totally unrelated to my identity.

I chose this nick for this forum. Alessandro isn't even one of my real names. It is a name that I love, mainly because it should have been my brother's name, but a girl was born instead (the actual story is a bit longer). Besides I have had many friends called Alessandro, it is rather popular in Italy.

17 is the day of the month I was born. I decided that in every OS X related forum I'd be using this nick. So here you are.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

IanP - My name

Koh-i-Noor - Arabic for "Mountain of Light", which is a diamond. I just enjoy the name. It is a pencil company too, for some reason

Ramm - It is just cool sounding (I did not copy Rammjet -- Ramm just sounded cool to me).

Dice was the name of my old car, it was a 88 VW cabriolet, it was boxy and white and kinda looked like a dice. The net came a little while ago when I was finding new domain names to get. dicenet was available so I got it. I have had many other nick names on the web but Dice is my primary one. I just add stuff to the end of it depending on the website

Dice :)