The "Explain your nickname" thread

Swad

266 posts in this topic

I got mine in high school too. I was, correction, still am wink_anim.gifWitty and Cute and my best friend was/is Wicked But Sweet. I added the 2 to it to help ensure that it is always available and my friends can find me everywhere easily.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, this could be a long story, or not. :P

Back about 1979, I was living in Chilliwack B.C. Canada, with 3 girls. (I'm a hetro guy.)We all had personalities similar to the "characters" of the original members of KISS. One girl was "The Love Child", one was "The Demon" the other was "The Cat". As I was then, and still am, into Sci Fi, and fantasy stories, they said I was "spaced out" so I got "The Ace" I added the Y just for fun. :P

Fast forward to 2003, a few thousand km east, to Kitchener ON, and Need For Speed. I needed an online name, so I tried to think of all the nick names, good or bad, I've been blessed/cursed with. I remembered the good times in B.C. so I chose Ayce. I needed 8 letters for my Porsche Unleashed persona, so I added my birth year on the end. Later I joined the [sS] (Super Stockers) clan, and changed it to suit.

After the demise of the game (not really dead, some are still playing thru the IP Lounge) the team sort of split up when they migrated to other racing games, and lost the original spirit of the team.

After I left, I was just Ayce, but on some forums, if it's a board I used to be on, then had to reregister, I add 1955 again.

Whew, told ya it could be a long story. :D

Well, ever since I was young, RPGs like Final Fantasy and such have always been my favorite. Whenever I'd play a game where I'd have to put a name for character, I just came up with "Geo Mandell"*Shrugs* there's no real meaning to it, I just wanted a name I could use to RP with (which, I now play DnD and World of Darkness).

I hate clowns. So, one summer I just went berserk and killed all the clowns in my hometown. After 3 kills, I was on the front page of the papers. The press gave me a nick "Bedok - The Clown Killer". The local police started to get FBI involved and I tried to hide away, but I like the nick so I use it. I dont think they will expect the real killer to use the nick anyway. Edit : I dont remember.
....That is seriously one of the greatest posts ever...haha...

• 2 weeks later...

Was my callsign when I used to play Falcon 3.0 at LAN parties (yes, that was way before the term LAN party existed). Shorty after that I started using it as my user id on BBSs and UNIX shell accounts. Just kinda stuck with me I guess.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well I found a cool cell phone ringtone (named Espionage) and I just though "why not use this as my nickname". The first site I went to register to needed me to put numbers in my name so to think of some quick numbers I used my area code.

enjoy Miles Davis, Bill Evans, John Coltrane, Charles Mingus, Sonny Rollins etc etc etc

• 5 weeks later...

Freshman year of college, I was trying to come up with a new AIM SN, because it was getting harder to explain to people that I was "buffslayx" because I was a huge sarah michelle gellar fan in HS, not because I was into lifting weights or something, lol.

Somehow this play on my initials, JWK, combined with a nickname for my middle name, William -> Willie, just popped into my head and it rolled off the tongue real easy

...and thus "J WILLIE K" was born.

And I have rarely ever registered on a site and had to add a number to the end of it, so I've stuck with it ever since.

I would constantly ask questions, constantly. Eventually I came to question existance in general, reality, the fundamental architecture of what separates my truth, my reality from everyone elses, what people consider to be truly real to them, to hold meaning.

I came to understand how unique and different people all are, and my name pretty much asks that question in general, where is your reality, what does reality mean to you? your reality, where is it?

my reality is learning as much as i can, hopefully people can learn a bit from me too.