The first Mac you ever used.

97 posts in this topic

This topic is self explanatory. What was your first Mac you ever used. Whether it be in a shop, someone elses house, in your own home, which ever place it was, all the Mac users out there had a first.

My first Mac was, if I remember correctly, an iMac G3 in Telstra Tower. I was very confused about the round hockey puck mouse (being a Windows fan and used to PC mouses) I wasn't used to it and didn't use it very much as I found it strange to use. Also I wasn't use to the user interface being Mac OS 9 (or 8, not sure). Being used to Windows 98, it can be quite a big step and I wasn't at the time prepared to take it. Of course that was a long time ago when I was little and I've changed a lot since then. Currently, I use an iMac G3 regularly for e-mail, iTunes, internet and classic games and now with a hockey puck mouse.

Strange how at one stage you can think, "What is this? This looks strange." and then a few years later you can have one sitting on your desk and you using it regularly.

iMac G3 i think in School. It sucked big time. I never really used or liked OS9. Though OSX ............... its a totally different story.

I first used a iMac G3 Rev. A/B (those old tray loading colorful ones) but if you want to know what was the oldest mac I used, it was a Mac Plus.

EDIT: The only Macs I bought were an iMac G3 500MHz (running Panther) and an old Macintosh Performa 5200CD running OS 8.6.

In a "first time I used one" it would be 1990, We had a Mac in our high school classroom that we used for programming.

The earliest Macs I used were the original ones. One job I had involved taking broken Macs of various models, tearing them apart, and trying to make some working ones. I got to de-charge Mac CRTs on a daily basis! zZZZt

I don't remember what model it was, but it was running Os 9, and I used it for a TV. It had AV plugs in it, let me save stuff and everything.

a performa? i have a performa 5700 with system 7 (now upgraded it to 8 :() and that has av plugs, tv port, tv software and everything

my first mac was a pizza box lc :(

then a performa 5700

then a powerbook duo 250

then an imac g3

then my alu imac