KALYWAY 10.5.1 DVD release (the official)

kaly

2,627 posts in this topic

I've tried twice already and so far no success. The installation hangs at 'less than a minute'. Not sure what the problem might be. I've selected both vanillas, maybe that's the problem but I doubt it. Regards, I'm processing with the install with default options and see what the outcome is.

My system is

Laptop: Acer 5920g

CPU: C2D 1.5GHz

Video: Nvidia 8600m GT

Audio: ALC883 (ICH8) HDA

Wireless: Intel Pro/Wireless 4965AGN

Ethernet: Broadcom BCM5787M

Any advice is appreciated.

does this work with 945g chipset(asrock conroe 945g-dvi),i installed on a fresh partition (guid) with the correct options (video card drivers for gefore 7xxx series) and it reboots after install

sounds like u didnt install efi :)

sorry guys if i have grub set up like i want it and i already have leopard installed. i want to install these to test. i have efi already. would chooseing mbr or guid install ruin my grub?

Okay third try is a charm. Installed both Vanillas but not Video drivers. Need to figure out if 8600M GT is supported. Sound is working after installation but networking and graphics aren't. Time to start searching. Please if someone already know the solution, do tell. BTW, the laptop fan is ON constantly. Do I need to modify/delete any kext(s)?

sounds like u didnt install efi :D

sorry guys if i have grub set up like i want it and i already have leopard installed. i want to install these to test. i have efi already. would chooseing mbr or guid install ruin my grub?

i installed efi, , i first tried with mbr partition and mbr efi and then with guid partition and guid efi

the only think i am wondering is , if its a problem coz i am installing on a ich7 pata drive

Could anyone please tell me what is the difference between install "vanilla" way (when type vanilla after type F8) and install in a default way (not typing anything)?

By the way, do I have to install EFI on order to get this version working properly?

Just tired to install it, and it failed with the yellow triangle showing. I used discutility to format as GUID, and i also made 1 partition with GUID.

Not sure why it failed as install went fine till the end with the yellow triangle.

I wish i knew what to check or change on my comp to get it working.

I´m to tired to reinstall right now, but any help and suggestions are welcome and i will check back later. :)

Intel DP35DP Media Motherboard and Core2Quad CPU.

which video driver should i use for ati radeon hd2600xt?thanks!

Just tired to install it, and it failed with the yellow triangle showing. I used discutility to format as GUID, and i also made 1 partition with GUID.Not sure why it failed as install went fine till the end with the yellow triangle.I wish i knew what to check or change on my comp to get it working.I´m to tired to reinstall right now, but any help and suggestions are welcome and i will check back later. :) Intel DP35DP Media Motherboard and Core2Quad CPU.
Try with mbr without vanilla, worked on my dp35dp, but i get stucked after the reboot on the apple welcome screen.After "do not transfer my information now" it starts again with "Welcome, in which region are ..." in an loop. -> any suggestions?

Well, up to now all the SSE2 installation attempts reported a failure. It seems that the behavior is the same as for ToH installation. Extensions are loaded and the system reboot indefinitely.

May I ask you sirs if someone out there successfully installed Leo on a SSE2 machine ?

If so, please provide HW details and the installation options you chosen.

Anyway... great job, Kaly.

what are the options you chose at install ?

describes all please so i may be able to help you

Hello Dune31,

thanks for your fast answer, but I had to sleep a few our´s.

What have I done?

1. attempt:

I used a Maxtor 200GB Serial ATA Disk with 1 Partition with an installed XP on it.

In bios, AHCI-Mode was set, even for JMicron.

I use diskutility to format the partition, but I don´t create a new partition, just format it.

Then I install from an external USB-DVD-Device.

I followed exactly the readme, to choose only one option for each device.

I choose vanilla kernel and acpi vanilla.

I use Natit for ATI-Cards, the soundmax ADI AD1988b driver (there I was not sure, cause my MoBo uses a ADI AD1988a)and the only selectable network driver (there I was not sure to, because its a Realtek Gigabit lan controller)

I DON´T install sse2 system.

For the bootloader I used mbr

Install-Process without probs, reboot and then - it hangs at the described point.

2. attempt:

I do everything the same way, exept the following:

I partitioned the disk with 1 GUID-Partition an.

I choose no network-driver and use azalia-audio, because its works well on my system with 10.4.9

Oh yes, I change the bootloader option to GUID

Anything else I do the same way but unfortunatly with the same result.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks again for your engagement.

o.k., i installed kalyway and: It went smooth and great! Just a few clicks, ready.

This is fuxxxxing great! Really good work Kalyway!

I just ran into a few issues. Maybe i didnt read the Reame careful enough...

- Its english/french only. So if have to look how to add other languages.

- Reboot does work well (which doesnt with my EFI8, Vanilla, BrazilMac Install)

- PowerOff does not work till the end (as with Brazil)

- Sleep Works great

- Sound needs a fix (ALC889a, no problem...)

- I also ran into the "orange backgournd color in windows" thing , which is easy to fix (but didnt appear in Brazil)

- And my drives are also displayed orange (which is no problem but wasnt there with Brazil)

you can see my setup in my sig, i used the test machine.

I know this minor issues are somhow discussed in other threads, i just wanted to tell everybody how it worked. And it worked really nice. Did i say thanks? Thanks.

I will try to clone my BrazilMac installed Leo 10.5.1 over the Kaly, to see if this may fix the language thing....

Edit: Cloning worked well, so at least Kalyway enables me to set up my other machines without those USB-Stick hassles.... works. Just installing Kaly, cloning the rest from my Original Brazil Install, fine...

Now we all are waiting, what the 10.5.2 update will bring in late January....

Nothings Work for me ;)

I have try today to install the last kaly, that i've seen like a graal :D

But nothink work, i have a bug i had with JAS versions (FAN don't Work) and haven't with toh rc2.

I have connect the fan to a usb port and it work all time, ok 1st pb solve, hope it work after install witht the ACPI patched kernel.

Now, the install don't start without -s, like the toh before, ok i do -s and exit in single user mode to run the install.

I creat only one part on my HDD and in GUID as it preconized.

I run the install and don't choose any driver cause no driver for video/sound/ethernet etc.. i have.

I choose the patched ACPI kernel and install.

Install ok without pb, choose to restart -> it freez like with the toh.

I shut down, and up the pc without the DVD (in the read me it's notified that the DVD make the HDD bootable alone).

it don't start at all, the pc don't see any system on the HDD.

I put the DVD and start in RD=disk0S1, ok start but KP

I don't know what to do, i have buy this pc cause it's hardware is like a macbook (except efi and some other stuffs).

Celeron M530 with full support of SSE2 ; 3 ; And 3 extend

SATA HDD ; Broadcom LAN ; Atheros Wifi ; 960E Chipset and X3100 video card

I don't know what to do other.

With toh rc2 the notebook work but no ethernet, no wifi, no video except with an external screen and some freez when i try to install some kext to solve my issues.

I do all i could since 2 weeks and it don't work, if someone could send me a PM i'm ok to try all i could to sove theeses issue before 24th (it's a present to my wife).

Thx in advance.

Please help me! I downloaded this file from a torrent and I checked its md5. The zip file has the same md5, but when i extract the zip, i get an error saying the .iso has a bad CRC. Heres what it says in winrar to be exact:

! C:\KALYWAY_LEO_10.5.1intel_SSE2_SSE3.zip: CRC failed in KALYWAY_LEO_10.5.1intel_SSE2_SSE3\kalyway_leo_10.5.1.iso. The file is corrupt.

Can someone help me? Please??????

Sorry, need some help here.

Setting: (+ means enabled / - means disabled)

Asus pw5dh deluxe

All SATA are set to AHCI (ALPE and ASP +)

Target HDD: Samsung 160 GB on SATA (3rd)

CPU settings: Modify Ratio support -

Microcode updation +

Max CPUID Value Limit -

Execute Disable Function -

Enhanced C1 Control -

CPU Internal Thermal Control Auto

Intel Speedstep tech. +

ACPI 2.0 +

ACPI APIC support +

Vista is installed on another disk (SATA 1st)

I can easily boot the DVD and install.

I formated the Targed disk, set up one partition (journaling enabled), set the type to GUID and chose the following options:

vanila kernel + ACPI

(NATIT_gfnvidia for my Geforce 9700)

HDA_ALC882(pw5dh)

Realtek_wifi

BOOT_efi_guid

Installtaion went fine so far, but when it comes to the very end, where it says remaining app. 1 minute (actually it says ungefaehr eine Minute) nothing happens anymore (with mbr), if I choose GUID, it hangs when it is fully installed, 2 seconds before it should reboot.

So I installed it a 3rd time in GUID, but it rebooted, saying something with EFI, couldn`t read it completely, because it was very short to see.

Then I run terminal and tryed to activate the EFI Partition, but I was not able to start OS X either.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Will be ack in 2 hours.

Thank you very much, guys.