KALYWAY 10.5.1 DVD release (the official)

kaly

2,627 posts in this topic

Please help me! I downloaded this file from a torrent and I checked its md5. The zip file has the same md5, but when i extract the zip, i get an error saying the .iso has a bad CRC. Heres what it says in winrar to be exact:

Can someone help me? Please??????

Your say that the zip file has a good md5 (aff692cfe4daaae471f528974f5bac07) but you still can't extract it ?

This is weird. Try some different extractors like winzip or winace or maybe on a mac with stuffit.

WELL I WANT TO SUMMARIZE THINGS:

BIOS SETTINGS ARE VERY IMPORTANT ! SO THIS IS A BIOS SETTING TEMPLATE :

To your CPU CONFIGURATION section :

MAX CPUID VALUE Limit (or similar) : Disabled

Vanderpool or virtualization : Disabled

CPU TM Function : Enabled

Excecute Disable Bit (or called NX or XD on some mobos) : Enabled (the most important, if not enabled the result is reboot loop with vanilla kernel)

To your POWER section :

ACPI 2.0 Support : Enabled

ACPI APIC : Enabled

Excecute Disable Bit (or called NX or XD on some mobos) : Enabled (the most important, if not enabled the result is reboot loop with vanilla kernel)

To your POWER section :

THanks for this!

But is this for all os686 setups?

How does one learn the proper bios settings for their specific motherboard?

I have to be honest though, everyone says "check the tutorials and how to guides" and nobody really paints a clear picture here.

You are getting so many newbies downloading and wanting to install because you have all these people posting over the web things like "iatkos - 1 Click Install OSX!!!" so people want to do it, but this site/board is a mix-mash of confusing info.

The Wiki is VERY poorly organized and really needs a facelift.

Its just confusing..but I'm still new as well and just reading all these questions "will this work, will that work - etc"

theres no languages inside? only english?

sorry kaly, but i think that release include lots of unneeded stuff that i can download after install from web...

type of installer is tiger or leopard one? (nah, little problem with images - now i can see)

which video driver should i use for ati radeon hd2600xt?thanks!Try with mbr without vanilla, worked on my dp35dp, but i get stucked after the reboot on the apple welcome screen.After "do not transfer my information now" it starts again with "Welcome, in which region are ..." in an loop. -> any suggestions?

Your problem is also new to me, and i have never seen that before. It´s so weird that so many with same, or similar setups have so different problems. For some nothing works at all regarding EFi emu at all even if they do all right. For others it just works. lol

It´s crazy! :D

Thanx! I will try with MBR without vanilla. I have before with some Tiger releases, but it never worked for me that way.

I wish i could help you, but i have never encountered that problem you have. Maybe i will, and if i do, and find a solution, i will let you know how i solved it.

This is funny.. I started to write about how much I appreciate all the time and effort that went into this Distribution but it not working for my IBM T42 which I have a successful 10.4.8 system on it..

I've gotten much further on this release than I ever did with the Brazilmac deal. However after the install I just get a Gray apple spinning logo screen and assumed It failed..

While I'm tying this.. in the other room I start hearing music playing. I look over and it's that Fancy Leopard Welcome Screen with all the different languages playing.. It's working!> Whoo HOO!.

Thanks GUYS! you rock!

To your POWER section :

In my BIOS (Latest BIOS) on the DP35DP motherboard, there´s really not much to change for OS X x86, other then changing the drives being set to AHCI mode.

CPU TM? I haven´t seen that in any of my menys.

Same goes for ACPI 2.0 Support and ACPI APIC.

I will check again, and try to change the customization in install. :)

you must use winrar on windows or bomarchiver on mac!

be sure to recheck hash with your torrent client before extracting!

Thanks Kaly

That's really a MUST... I tried a few other programs to extract in windows and on mac, but they all failed

Only winrar works so for to extract the files!

Quick Question:

On my 10.4.8 Install I used the CallistoHal Video driver for my Radeon 9700 Mobility. I had to set the Device ID in order to get my CE/CI stuff working..

Can I install that same Kext in this Release and make the same changes as before to fix my CE/CI?

Everything else is working Flawlessly!

Thanks Kaly

That's really a MUST... I tried a few other programs to extract in windows and on mac, but they all failed

Only winrar works so for to extract the files!

I have a 10.5 install on my mini. I used the Apple "Archive Utility" Located under System/CoreServices. It extracted just fine. The md5's matched and the burn was good.

So far I have only been able to get the TOH rc2 install to work ---- Regardless of final outcome, Thanks to all who have worked on this.

Quick Question:

On my 10.4.8 Install I used the CallistoHal Video driver for my Radeon 9700 Mobility. I had to set the Device ID in order to get my CE/CI stuff working..

Can I install that same Kext in this Release and make the same changes as before to fix my CE/CI?

Everything else is working Flawlessly!

i didn't try CAllisto with this release , but it could work. Just add it and yes add you mobility ID also

I've installed thise Kalyway Leopard release, and all seemed to work well, except for my sound is not working.

I have an Asus P5B Deluxe with an on board ALI AD1988B HD Audio controller. I selected the driver for that in the install (I thought), but it shows no audio devices (it is enabled in the bios, it works fine in Windows).

Any idea idea what I can do to resolve this? Is there a way to reinstall the drivers for that without doing a full reinstall of the OS?

Good work!

I have try to install and ok, but at first restart freez on apple screen.

My hardware in signature

I have select efi vanilla guid , ati driver, alc883

With -v tell me

(/.Spotlight-V100/Stores/ADB12066-F7B6-431D-8A13-D147067164EF)(Error) IndexCI in ContentIndexOpenBulk:No index

i have leo toh with kernel vanilla and efi works tested.

thanks

Dune31 can you help me with one problem? (and maybe other too):

i've installed the kalyway with guid and efi for guid. all works but not the sound. i've installed the alc889a (AppleHDA.kext and ALCinject.kext), i've chmod -R 775 and chown -R root:wheel them , remove the cache and i restart. After restart i got two windows messages that say the 2 kext are not correctly installed - ok, i reboot with -s and i chmod and chown the whole Extensions (/S/L/E/*), remove cache and reboot.

After that i cannot enter on leopard whatever i try ( -x -f ). On verbose mode i saw the kext are loaded until mDNSkeychainGetSecrets failed error 0 CFAarray Ref 0000000 ..and it stay here forever. (i've try to repair permission from the install disk (kalyway) but it not works).

Excuse my english, and thanks.

The zip archive doesn't extract, even tho the md5 is correct.I have tried it with 7zip, IZarc and windows zip.Can you tell me any software that works? (on windows)
Furter up the thread Kaly says to use winrarOk here is waht I have after the install.Dell Inspiron 9300 2ghzThe install went smoothly. I formated whole disk for two partitions, one HSF+ and one fat32.Under Customize I selected:Vanilla KernelSSE2Nvidia for Laptop (I have geforce 6800 go)Bootloader is EFI for MBR -- The other option was unbootable -- Sorry I did not get the message and figured I would erase and try MBR.The Boot Loader Works! I select Leopard and after about But I am in a reboot loop ::BSD root: /dev/disk0s1, major 14, minor2syncing disks: Killing all processesThen it reboots. And same exact message when I try vanillaAny Ideas?

Sorry, need some help here.

Setting: (+ means enabled / - means disabled)

Asus pw5dh deluxe

All SATA are set to AHCI (ALPE and ASP +)

Target HDD: Samsung 160 GB on SATA (3rd)

CPU settings: Modify Ratio support -

Microcode updation +

Max CPUID Value Limit -

Execute Disable Function -

Enhanced C1 Control -

CPU Internal Thermal Control Auto

Intel Speedstep tech. +

ACPI 2.0 +

ACPI APIC support +

Vista is installed on another disk (SATA 1st)

I can easily boot the DVD and install.

I formated the Targed disk, set up one partition (journaling enabled), set the type to GUID and chose the following options:

vanila kernel + ACPI

(NATIT_gfnvidia for my Geforce 9700)

HDA_ALC882(pw5dh)

Realtek_wifi

BOOT_efi_guid

Installtaion went fine so far, but when it comes to the very end, where it says remaining app. 1 minute (actually it says ungefaehr eine Minute) nothing happens anymore (with mbr), if I choose GUID, it hangs when it is fully installed, 2 seconds before it should reboot.

So I installed it a 3rd time in GUID, but it rebooted, saying something with EFI, couldn`t read it completely, because it was very short to see.

Then I run terminal and tryed to activate the EFI Partition, but I was not able to start OS X either.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Will be ack in 2 hours.

Thank you very much, guys.

Meanwhile I disabled speedstep as well (BIOS) and installed it a 5 th time...

This time I used the following options:

(found here:

http://forum.osx86scene.com/viewtopic.php?...p;sk=t&sd=a )

Now it is working :-)

works for p5w dh deluxe!!! you must simply tweak your bios setting!! execute disable fonction on enable ! Max cpuid on enable ! hpet enable! memory remap feature on enable! microcode updation on enable! acpi 2 support on yes ! acpi apic support on enablr!

voila! it' should work now!! with vanilla kernel!!

Dune31 can you help me with one problem? (and maybe other too):

i've installed the kalyway with guid and efi for guid. all works but not the sound. i've installed the alc889a (AppleHDA.kext and ALCinject.kext), i've chmod -R 775 and chown -R root:wheel them , remove the cache and i restart. After restart i got two windows messages that say the 2 kext are not correctly installed - ok, i reboot with -s and i chmod and chown the whole Extensions (/S/L/E/*), remove cache and reboot.

After that i cannot enter on leopard whatever i try ( -x -f ). On verbose mode i saw the kext are loaded until mDNSkeychainGetSecrets failed error 0 CFAarray Ref 0000000 ..and it stay here forever. (i've try to repair permission from the install disk (kalyway) but it not works).

Excuse my english, and thanks.

when you install kexts , you don't need with our release to use terminal , in Application there is an utility called Kext helper. Use this to install new kext . it is doing the job for you correctly.

Secundo if you want absolutly install under the terminal: the authorisation is 755 and not 775 ! so your lines sould look like this

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/ALCinject.kext

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/ALCinject.kext

don't put a "/" after "kext"