KALYWAY 10.5.1 DVD release (the official)

kaly

2,627 posts in this topic

This is great, and I can't wait to complete the download.

May I ask more details about the SSE2 support ? Does Vanilla kernel work ? What are the correct "standard" options to choose ?

I still can't believe to have Leo on my HP Compaq EVO 610C...

A big THANK YOU.

Nando.

This is my first attempt at a hackintosh so if this is a noob question I'm sorry. I'm starting with an empty drive set up in GUID mode. The installer goes through and finishes fine. The system then reboots and I get /com.apple.Boot.plist not found error. What am I missing? Thanks

The installer doesn't even start for me, it just reboots. This is my first attempt at Leopard. I was running Jas 10.4.8 fine. Any ideas?

My specs:

Dell Inspiron 5100

Intel Pentium 4 2.80GHz

Mobility Radeon 7500C display adapter

Broadcom 440x network adapter

This is my first attempt at a hackintosh so if this is a noob question I'm sorry. I'm starting with an empty drive set up in GUID mode. The installer goes through and finishes fine. The system then reboots and I get /com.apple.Boot.plist not found error. What am I missing? Thanks

dont let the dvd on your drive after reboot .

Are you sure to have correctly setup the hd in guid mode ?

have you chosen the EFI that corresponds ?

not yet, only have here pc with alc882, 883 and adi1988b. so impossible for us to patch for a sigmatel. it seems taruga patcher patche only if it finds the audio chip on your pc. but we have integrated Azalia hd output for a maximum compatibility. but you can applying yourself taruga patch for your audio and if it works well , send us your Alc inject and AppleHDA kexts. we will integrate them in the next release

I see. Thanx for the quick answer. :)

I use these kexts from Taruga http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=18344

They work fine in both patched Tiger and Leopard for me. I can not test a microphone as i don´t have one, but everything else works, including front and back and the the digital out.

More can also be found here http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=32859&st=0

I can´t wait to try this release!

Did you install the system to the first hfs+ partition? If I'm not wrong that's the one that is booted by default and the other partitions have to be made bootable first - but it might be different with this installer. Anyway if you installed to partition nr.2 or above you can't harm anything if you try to install to the first partition.

Here (posts #67 and 73) you can read how someone else cured his /com.apple.Boot.plist not found error.

Hi Guys another noob here, I will be upgrading my pc over the Christmas holidays and would like to install MAC osx, After many hours of reading I have decided to go for the Kalyway release as it seems to be more noob user friendly. I have to questions first is it possible to have a triple boot machine MAC Vista & XP. Second I have a new graphics card MSI NX8800 GT is this supported by Kalyway ?

I intend to install MAC os on a seprate drive and then partition the Vista and XP on the second drive

First of I would like to thank anyone who helps with the Mac OS x86 project!!!

Ok, I am a noob and need help, I would like to install mac os x 10.5.1, in my laptop and dont know which release is better and if will work on my computer. I would like to triple boot my computer if possible, but i really need a dual boot (Mac,XP and ?vista?)

I would like to know of all of the release that work with my computers spec's and is user/noob friendly, since i dont know command/code/ terminal.

My computers specs.

HP Pavilion dv6125

AMD Turion 64x2 processor

supports-x86, x86-64, MMX, 3DNow!, SSE, SSE2, SSE3

1GB of RAM

Field Value

120GB SATA TOSHIBA MK1234GSX Harddrive

Device Description Device Type

video card nVIDIA GeForce Go 6150

Network Adapter Description

Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN

Network Adapter Description

RT73 USB Wireless LAN Card

:D

Any thing you can tell or show me would be extremely helpful thank you!

Did you install the system to the first hfs+ partition? If I'm not wrong that's the one that is booted by default and the other partitions have to be made bootable first - but it might be different with this installer. Anyway if you installed to partition nr.2 or above you can't harm anything if you try to install to the first partition.

Here (posts #67 and 73) you can read how someone else cured his /com.apple.Boot.plist not found error.

You got it. Post 73 did the trick. I'll paste it here for other who have this issue. Thanks for the quick responce.

AHA!!! as it turns out the disk utility automatically makes a 200MB partition called EFI that is not shown in the graphic interface. upon playing with the fdisk in terminal i made the EFI partition the boot partition and BAM! everything works! well sort of. no more ./boot.plist error. now i'm getting a kernel panic but hell it's somewhere. much thanks to BlackCH and pilsator for the help. you guys rock. if anyone else is getting this problem the way i fixed it was opening terminal and using these commands

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk* (where * is the nujber of the hard disk)

update

f * (where * is the number of the efi partition)

w

q

(to find out which numbers to use in place of *'s)

diskutil list

@ all the noobs

my best advice is to dl the dvd and mess around with it, read these forums , you can search here

http://######.com/osx86search/

check harware compatibility here

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

the best way to make sense of these things is to jump right in, then when you have a problem ,your questions will be more specific and less generalized

@dune31did you install vanilla_acpi_fix or vanilla_kernal?guid or mbr?
this section is the only section where you can select the both. the original kernel and the original acpi with a little fix for mobos wich got problem with reboot. both work either on GUID or MBR, no difference.
you said sleep works well.did you do anything else besides enable s3 in your bios to get sleep to work?
No, Efi is responsible for the sleep well working. So most of mobos will have sleep working either if u use vanilla kernel or not.
btw im guessing that i can update my system to 10.5.2 when that comes out without worrying that it wont work? installed teh extra kernal thingies..ow and "about this mac works, but teh "more info" or system profiler crashes, how do i fix that?
go into your bios , and look if there are a "cpu configuration" section:there if you find a line looking like : CPUID Max (or something very similar) disable it.and if there is line with NX or Enable bit : Enable it.By the way verify that ACPI 2.0 is enabled

any 8800 GTS g92 support maybe????????

It's OK... we all have to start somewhere..

umm

actually the answer is NO.  I was hoping for a 8800GT G92 kext soon (also applies to GTS) but that won't happen.  The best thing to do, is to wait 2 months until Apple releases 10.5.2 (with native support of 8800 G92)

First of all: Thanks for your work, respect!!!

Now my problem:

It installs, it reboots and start booting the system and than it hangs at this line:

Dec 20 18:10:41 localhost mds(50): (/.Spotlight-V100/Stores/ADB12066-F7B6-431D-8A13-D147067164EF)(Error) IndexCI in ContentIndexOpenBulk:No index

I install 2 times (GUID and mbr) - it allways hangs here

System ist Asus P5B Mobo, Q6600, HIS Radeon1600 pro, 4 Gig RAM

Does anybody know what it means, or better, a solution? Thanks for an answer!

First of all: Thanks for your work, respect!!!

Now my problem:

It installs, it reboots and start booting the system and than it hangs at this line:

Dec 20 18:10:41 localhost mds(50): (/.Spotlight-V100/Stores/ADB12066-F7B6-431D-8A13-D147067164EF)(Error) IndexCI in ContentIndexOpenBulk:No index

I install 2 times (GUID and mbr) - it allways hangs here

System ist Asus P5B Mobo, Q6600, HIS Radeon1600 pro, 4 Gig RAM

Does anybody know what it means, or better, a solution? Thanks for an answer!

what are the options you chose at install ?

describes all please so i may be able to help you

So I'm going to try to be helpful and also ask a couple questions. First of all, I don't think this topic will be watched by many advanced users. For advanced users to help you, check out IRC. I, for one, am too lazy to do so.

Kalyway is pretty amazing. I'm still waiting to try out iATKOS. I booted up using both cores of my Intel CD 1.66, but got a kernel panic using the vanilla kernel option at boot. I then booted the vanilla with one core and installed successfully using an MBR partition scheme (couldn't switch to GUID) and mbr_efiv8. I tried to boot with both cores turned on, but got a kernel panic. For the first time ever, I have my Atheros AR5008 WIFI working properly. Everything seems to be functional except audio, so I'll try Taruga's patcher for that. Apple's security update worked! I was amazed. I haven't tried to play DRMed music off an iTunes share.

My gripes and questions may be relevant to everyone: All Finder windows opened will have an orange background. Why/how do I change this? Also, the default background image is missing. I like the replacement, but that's still a bit unnecessary. Also, the applications that come with this install really should be optional and not required. Power Management would be nice, too.

Questions: is there really an SSE3-only DVD and if so, how does it differ? Will using a GUID partition scheme and guid_efi help me get audio working? What is the best route to getting both cores to let the system boot properly? Is there a good way to use guid_efi and triple-boot with other OSes? (I'm a little afraid to use GRUB with Vista...)

I will likely swap the processor for a C2D 2.0 Ghz from another laptop over Christmas, as well as try iATKOS and a GUID partition scheme with guid_efi.

(Toshiba Tecra M7 TabletPC with GMA950, 2 GB DDR2 RAM @ 667 mHz and CD 1.66)

Here´s one DVD i will continue to seed till my comp melts!Why?Because they do everything right about information and upload, answers questions about the release etc! No wait! There´s more! They actually let you have this sweet thing in hours, and not in days!!! ;)

Have i waited and wished, and it came true!

If you don´t know how to change the backgroundcolor of windows, you should probably not use OS X. :D

Here´s how you do that.

Click on your drive icon --> then go to (View) in Applemeny ---> Go to the bottom wich says (Show View Options) ---> Select the (Color) option ---> A small square shows the current color wich you click to change.