Official uphuck 10.4.9 universal x86 install DVD v1.3 thread

Panja

792 posts in this topic

Cool. Yeah, it's just the Extension cache cut into 5 pieces, so you just need to pipe the into a single file.

AMD dual core works fine, it's what I'm running.

Yes the patch make wonders :( ... and i drank too much coffe, was too fast and deleted whole partitions on my hdd :D thanx god i make backups in internet :thumbsup_anim:

but still i have problems. Now i try to make partition, but after few minutes the partition program says, the Partitioning failed: Operation timed out!!! what should i do???

how can i use diskutil? Ill tryed diskutil partitionDisk disk0 1 "Journaled HFS+" otherstuff 20gb...

and it says: Creating Partition MAP and... error... Operation timed out?

Does maybee the drivers do not work propertly?? I think it cant mount it?

Tryed to partition with vista recovery, then id=at or so... it sees, but cant even repair. The setup dont show the disk...wtf?

I am sorry to post this but I am tired of looking around for the last two hours. I need the DVD 1.3 of Uphuck's 10.4.9 version... I have found the torrent file in several places, all of which either want to charge me for the .torrent file or you have to have an account (for which registration is closed). I have downloaded and installed 10.4.8 AMD JasX version and gotten it working on all three of my AMD X2 machines. I am now wanting to install on my Toshiba laptop (which 10.4.8 would not install on). Apparently, this should work, but I can't get the dang thing. I always seed when I download, I just wasn't watching a couple weeks ago when this came out... any 'advice' where to get the torrent file to download the image and I will be happy to put it on my seeding server that had dedicated IP and is up 24/7...

Any 'advice' would be appreciated. Although I do not own any Apple hardware, I have purchased three copies of OSX to alleviate my guilty conscience... :)

UPDATE: I did get the torrent file, downloading (slowly) now. Best bet for anyone to find the file is to go to Torrent Finder and do a search for UPHUCK.

Anyone with AMD X2 (dual core) gotten this to work?

Yeah, i got it installed and working. Everything running great. I'm on socket 939, using an older nforce 3 board (K8N Neo2 Platinum). I had to install to an ide drive though as my sata isn't recognized during the install. It is after the install though.

I tried the rd=disk0s1. No joy. I also tried rd=disk0s0...as well as many other number configurations. I have 1 drive and 1 partition...so it should have been the first one. Nothing worked. I assumed I had to type this in at the "boot:" prompt, right?

Also..what missing kernel would cause something like this? Ive tried all different kinds of install configurations and I cant get past this.

Thanks.

same here...still stuck at the same screen i know for a fact my rd=disk0s1 so i type that in and absolutely nothing happens cant get past this screen. Can anyone help?

same here...still stuck at the same screen i know for a fact my rd=disk0s1 so i type that in and absolutely nothing happens cant get past this screen. Can anyone help?

If the problem is the hangup at the buffers statements, you need to type this in while booting from the DVD, not from the hard disk. If that doesn't work, it may be because the DVD trick only works on systems that have more than one partition. (I think the reason the DVD trick works may be that when you enter the rd=disk0s(x) information, it actually gets a bit confused about where the partition is located, so it starts loading from the DVD.)

This is the first release I tried that isn't working whatever I try. Installation works, but on first boot I am greeted with the message to reboot by holding Ctrl, Alt and Del keys. I read through this entire thread, in search for a possible solution. ...to no avail.

My hardware is Conroe945G-DVI/Intel E6300.

I then tried Jas' 10.4.8 with his combo 10.4.9 update. Worked like a charm. Gonna keep the uphuvk DVD around for the additional software for a while.

Would be interesting to know why uphuvk is problematic though.

Rogn.

Success.

Method was as follows:

Downloaded Uphuck 1.3 from private tracker.

Rename .cdr file to .iso and burn with nero.

Boot off of cd.

Wait for a while for it to hit the installer.

Reformat my old installation with disk utility.

Customize Installer Options:

*10.4.9 AMD

*AMD SSE2 Kernel

Patches

*Remove CPUThermel Kexts

*Remove CPUPowerManagement.Kext

*Verbose Mode

Drivers

*Natit .2

*nForce Sata

*USB

Apps

*Most of them.

I let the sucker install, and reboot. It hung at "Local APIC version not 0x14 as expected".

So I rebooted into the installer DVD, selected ONLY the "AppleACPIPlatform.kext" patch, and installed it on top of the original installation. It helps to skip the dvd/disk check.

My hardware config:

My hardware for this setup was

AMD A64 3800+

MSI K8N Neo2 Ultra

GeForce 6800+

My Windows vista NTFS partitions are showing up, 2/3 are readable. I suspect the third is in need of chkdsk.

My audio works.

My video res is right (1680x1050) with acceleration on.

Mouse & Keyboard work (usb).

LAN works.

i tried every intel and universal kernels on My Vaio VGN-S260

1 used & new from $1,499.99

See All Buying Options

Get it for less! Order it used

Have one to sell? Sell yours here

Tell a Friend

Sony VAIO VGN-S260 13.3" Notebook PC (Intel Pentium M Processor 735 (Centrino), 512 MB RAM, 60 GB Hard Drive, DVD/CD-RW Drive)

See larger image and other views

Share your own customer images

Sony VAIO VGN-S260 13.3" Notebook PC (Intel Pentium M Processor 735 (Centrino), 512 MB RAM, 60 GB Hard Drive, DVD/CD-RW Drive)

Other products by Sony

(16 customer reviews)

Availability: Available from these sellers.

1 used & new available from $1,499.99

‹ Return to Product Overview

Product Features and Technical Details

Product Features

* 1.7 GHz Intel Pentium M Processor 735 (Centrino)

* 13.3 WXGA Widescreen Display

* CD-RW: 24x (read), 24x (write), 24x (rewrite); DVD-ROM: 8x

* 60 GB Hard Drive

* ATI Mobility Radeon 9200 Graphics Card with 32 MB of memory

Processor, Memory, and Motherboard

* Hardware Platform: PC

* Processor: 1.5 GHz Intel Pentium M

* System Bus Speed: 400 MHz

* Number of Processors: 1

* RAM: 512 MB

* RAM Type: DDR SDRAM

* L2 Cache: 2 MB

* Memory Slots: 1

Operating System and Software

* Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition

Keyboard and Mouse

* Keyboard: QWERTY, 86 keys with 2.7mm stroke and 19.19mm pitch

Hard Drive

* Size: 60 GB

* Manufacturer: Portable

Optical Drives, Other Mass Storage

* Additional Drives: Memory Stick Media Slot : Supports optional Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO

Graphics and Display

* Graphics RAM: 32 MB

* Display: WXGA with XBRITE Technology

* LCD Native Resolution: 1280-by-800

Ports and Connectivity

* Modem: 56 Kbps

* Network Connection: 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX Ethernet with RJ-45 interface; Intel. PRO/WIRELESS 2200BG Network Connection(802.11b/g)

its just wont boot! (even in -X)

I found a solution for the Boot problem!

If you have the JAS 10.4.8 DVD just use the disk utility on that DVD to make partition etc, once you are done just restart your PC *sorry, Hackintosh* and put in the Uphuck DVD.

And there you go!

i managed to install my uphuck DVD this way. hope this is to some help to someone.

And sorry if this is posted somewhere else!.

Cheers

Here are my findings:

Everything seemed to work just fine. System booted right, QE/CI worked right out of the box, as well as sound thanks to the supplied Realtek drivers. How ever, there was a few problems, most of which i was able to fix..

First off, Even tho i selected the patched Loginwindow.app during installation, About This Mac still crashed. But it was kina funny. It displayed the first time i tried it, but if i closed it and opened it again. it would just crash, even if i reboot and try it again, so the About This Mac window only works once per installation lol. I was able to fix this using the loginwindow.app from the TubGirl 10.4.8 DVD that i had been using before.

Another strange problem is color profiles. I usually change the color profile after i install OS X because the default one is too bright for me, i usually click calibrate and adjust the settings. And while that works, once i reboot the system, it does not automatically us that new profile i just made. I have to reselect that profile after each reboot. But i have found that this is only true with customly made profiles, if i select any of the profiles that came with OS X, and reboot, the changes are saved through the next bootup.

Thirdly, i use a program called You Control Tunes, which adds iTunes controls to the menubar. This app worked just fine with TubGirls 10.4.8, which is what i was using for the longest time. But when i try to use this app with Uphucks distribution, it just crashes after i enter my serial number and it tries to contact their server. I checked console and it told me nothing of use, just a bunch of giberish, then it says "You Control Tunes Has Crashed", thanks mr. obvious.

Other than that, everything seems to be working just as it should, for now :D

System specs are in the signature.

What's up with this torrent? I've been uploading at 38kbs for 2 days, and haven't seen a download speed faster than 15kbs! After 2 days, I still have an ETA of 4 fricken days!

Sorry, just venting. Anyone have any tips? Using Azureus still. Gonna switch anyway because Azureus ruined their program by adding Vuze. :)

I really want to try this out...

Firstly, Firebush05 are you downloading using this torrent? Downloaded in about 20 hrs for me.

Now on to my installation. Since i already have a fully functioning 10.4.4 , i was trying this one for

amusement. After downloading the .cdr file, i burned it to a dvd using K3B. Install went fine

and these are the options i chose:

10.4.9 AMD

AMD SSE3 kernel

patches:

added Apple ACPIPlatform.kext

removed CPU thermal kexts

removed CPU power management

drivers:

USB

ATI ATA

Sure enough it booted right up. The bummer is i have no QE/CI, therefore the dvd player will not

work. Everything else seems to be fine,sound,internet,Quicktime will play mpeg video. Anybody

have any recommendations on how i can activate QE/CI. I was thinking maybe i'll try installing

all the ATI graphics drivers even though none really pertain to my particular card.

Firstly, Firebush05 are you downloading using this torrent? Downloaded in about 20 hrs for me.

Link Removed

Now on to my installation. Since i already have a fully functioning 10.4.4 , i was trying this one for

amusement. After downloading the .cdr file, i burned it to a dvd using K3B. Install went fine

and these are the options i chose:

10.4.9 AMD

AMD SSE3 kernel

patches:

added Apple ACPIPlatform.kext

removed CPU thermal kexts

removed CPU power management

drivers:

USB

ATI ATA

Sure enough it booted right up. The bummer is i have no QE/CI, therefore the dvd player will not

work. Everything else seems to be fine,sound,internet,Quicktime will play mpeg video. Anybody

have any recommendations on how i can activate QE/CI. I was thinking maybe i'll try installing

all the ATI graphics drivers even though none really pertain to my particular card.

Yes, same torrent. It finally picked up a little with an ETA of 24hrs or so (still, almost 4 days download...ouch).

Anyone try this with a P5B Deluxe Wifi?

Wow. It downloaded in about 3 hours for me a few days ago at about 200kb/sec, so I don't know why you guys are having so much trouble.

Btw, it never worked for me. It would install, then freeze at the Apple logo screen, and when running with -v it would freeze at something to do with clusters, and even partitioning my drive as id=af never fixed it, so I went back to 10.4.6 from JaS. I guess some people just won't get this to work, I'm guessing because of hardware.

I found a solution for the Boot problem!

If you have the JAS 10.4.8 DVD just use the disk utility on that DVD to make partition etc, once you are done just restart your PC *sorry, Hackintosh* and put in the Uphuck DVD.

And there you go!

i managed to install my uphuck DVD this way. hope this is to some help to someone.

And sorry if this is posted somewhere else!.

Cheers

which kernel i must choose?

Good work uphuck! Installed using vmware to physical disk. Everything works at first boot(native).

Hardware:

Asus P5B

ati radeon x1900xt

2048 mb ddr2

sata 320GB

And everything works like a charm.

Does anyone know whether this version of OSX86 will work with a graphics card with more than 256mb? (such as the 8800GT or 7950)

no i have the 8800gts 640mb and it doesnt...i dont think their will ever be support for 8xxx series cards

Macshiba:

This is a known problem, and I had the same issue. You need the 10.4.8 AppleACPIPlatform.kext from the DVD, and you might also need the AppleAPIC.kext and AppleMPIC.kext from your 10.4.6 install. I needed these, and fortunately I had JAS 10.4.6 installed already on my IBM T41 laptop where I was installing this 10.4.9 version, so it was a simple matter to boot into 10.4.6 and copy these over to the 10.4.9 partition.

Also, strangely enough using any of the "universal kernels" this solution only worked for one boot. Subsequent re-boots would fail and I would have to re-copy the files from 10.4.6 to get 10.4.9 to boot again. It would then only boot one time again. Lather, rinse, repeat.

The solution was to use the Intel SSE2 kernel, as this T41 laptop only has an SSE2 CPU. Everything works now - audio, wired and wireless networking (using the 10.4.5 IO80211.kext from the DVD), USB and it boots much faster than 10.4.6 does. No QE/CI video, but that's OK I don't really need it and don't have it on 10.4.6 either. I might be able to get it by playing around with the ATI drivers and/or Callisto, but right now I'm tired of installing.

Macshiba:

This is a known problem, and I had the same issue. You need the 10.4.8 AppleACPIPlatform.kext from the DVD, and you might also need the AppleAPIC.kext and AppleMPIC.kext from your 10.4.6 install. I needed these, and fortunately I had JAS 10.4.6 installed already on my IBM T41 laptop where I was installing this 10.4.9 version, so it was a simple matter to boot into 10.4.6 and copy these over to the 10.4.9 partition.

Also, strangely enough using any of the "universal kernels" this solution only worked for one boot. Subsequent re-boots would fail and I would have to re-copy the files from 10.4.6 to get 10.4.9 to boot again. It would then only boot one time again. Lather, rinse, repeat.

The solution was to use the Intel SSE2 kernel, as this T41 laptop only has an SSE2 CPU. Everything works now - audio, wired and wireless networking (using the 10.4.5 IO80211.kext from the DVD), USB and it boots much faster than 10.4.6 does. No QE/CI video, but that's OK I don't really need it and don't have it on 10.4.6 either. I might be able to get it by playing around with the ATI drivers and/or Callisto, but right now I'm tired of installing.

Hmm. Right now I have 10.4.6 installed onto my drive as one partition, but I'll split it into 2 partitions, install 10.4.9, then copy over those files. My laptop too only supports SSE/SSE2 so I use the Intell SSE2 Kernel. I'll try it out, and hopefully it'll work.

If this is the only way that it works, then that really sucks because I would really like it installed on one partition only using my full drive. But If this works atleast I'll have 10.4.9. Thanks.

I reformatted for "Uphuck 10.4.9 1.3" (with GMA950 video driver). Using the SSE3 +Speedstep kernel, I got a kernel panic (OK, I was warned). Reinstalling with the plain Intel SSE3 kernel, the computer would freeze (mouse stops, no KP dialog) instantly after accessing the web; not Adium, but Dashboard and Safari (a DNS problem?). The only clue I have on this problem is the preceeding console message "/System/Library/CoreServices/mcxd.app/Contents/MacOS/mcxd: MCXD.initializeDirectoryServices: Unable to get the ethernet address". Using the IONetworkingFamily.kext from 10.4.7 did not fix the problem (it had helped for non-PPF JaS 10.4.8, an unrelated problem). I'm back on JaS 10.4.8 PPF, and things work fine once more, but I'm a release behind, non-HPET 32bit non-speedstep no-temperature-reporting etc.

Intel D945GCL +Core2Duo +GMA950

Intel 1000GT Pro Ethernet PCI (configured to gigabit, 9k frames)

HD temperatures ~40c, CPU ~38c.

Memtest says RAM is fine