Official uphuck 10.4.9 universal x86 install DVD v1.3 thread

Panja

793 posts in this topic

I'm downloading the v1.3 as we speak.

Will post my results later on.

If you want to share anythnig regarding uphuck's v1.3 do it here. ;)

Also I would like to thank uphuck personally for all his hard work putting this dvd together (and everything around it)!!

THANKS DUDE

Some info about this release can be found here: LINK

NOTE: please do not provide direct links where you can download this release

How to download 1.3. I've just instaled 1.2 and fully working, but i want test 1.3.

PS. I don't have an acount on Demonoid :)

PS2. I 've just started download. I forgot - only older torr.. can be used by demonoids' users :)

Whoever finishes please seed, dont grab and run.

Theres currently only one seeder. x.x

I hope it works on this hardware I just got.

Pentium 4 HT 2.8 GHz Northwood

Acer OEM MS-6772 Ver1 Mainboard

Built-in Intel 865 graphics (if they dont work I got a GF3 to throw in)

1GB Dual Channel DDR333 RAM

Maxtor 40GB Drive

Liteon DVD-ROM and Liteon 48X CD-RW

eMachines case

Errr. any other tracker hosting this except demonoid? (no links, just tell me the tracker name :D.. Or someone could PM me an invitation code for demonoid :wacko: it is a {censored} not to be able to download old torrents

is it possible to install this from a second harddrive?

say i have a full running hack and i have download this file.

i would like to move this file(uphuck-ver1.3) to the second harddrive and install onto the first.

kind of like the poor man linux install method.

is it possible to install this from a second harddrive?

say i have a full running hack and i have download this file.

i would like to move this file(uphuck-ver1.3) to the second harddrive and install onto the first.

kind of like the poor man linux install method.

Then go grab CloneTool Hatchery. It will make a perfect backup on Hackintoshs and allow you to boot from the backup copy.

Then install the 1.3 version to your original HD.

AppleIIGuy
first, I'll finish uploading v1.3, maybe after that I can release a ppf for 1.2 to 1.3 if the size of patch is not so big. I made one, guessing it to be about 2 gb but it was 3.99 gb, I'll try with another software. I would prefer to seed the orginal file if the patch is 2gb or more and I also have some other stuff to seed, my upload bandwidth is poor.

uphuck, does this one have a fixed loginwindow that will work on AMD systems? If not, I'll wait until its on my system and use my version of the loginwindow (which incidentally works perfectly with your 1.2 DVD) to make sure it works, then post back here with a link to it.

Current d-load as of now: 57.8% and am also stuck. (hopefully temporarily)

Tom A.

Guys,

Patience is a virtue. It was just released two days ago. Wait for it to propogate. It will take a few days.

BTW,

Upchuck why do you make the file a .cdr and not an iso? And can I just rename the extension?

Thanks for all the hard work on this baby.

I'm trying. And YES, it is possible to rename the CDR as an ".ISO" so that you can burn to dvd.

I have done this with the earlier image I d-loaded through torrent (uphuck 1.2) The CDR image is actually an ISO image file with files inside (although within Windows all you can normally see is the Windows side of the files.) I'm sure uphuck knows this as well as I do.

Tom A.