Official uphuck 10.4.9 universal x86 install DVD v1.3 thread

Panja

792 posts in this topic

Super DVD!

My hackintosh is working. But I can't figure out which VGA Driver I need to select so that the ATIRadeon9700.kext wil be active/loaded and not in the Extensions_Disabled directory. I've tried a few, but if anyone knows, please inform me. But everything else works as it supposed to.

I cant boot the dvd beacuse it freezes before it even enters the installation screen. It freezes at the line "bsd root disk1s3....."

However,I can get into the installation screen and boot the dvd succesfully using the VMware method.

Problem is, disk utility wont detect any of my partitions (that is because i only have one Nforce4 SATA HDD).

Found this in earlier posts

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=389202

which includes instructions on how to apply tokyovigilante's Nforce4 SATA Patch but i am still not clear on it. How do I combine those files in vista using WinRAR? and after i combine them, how do i patch it to my iso?

And is there any other methods besides getting a non sata drive? Thanks!

I cant boot the dvd beacuse it freezes before it even enters the installation screen. It freezes at the line "bsd root disk1s3....."

However,I can get into the installation screen and boot the dvd succesfully using the VMware method.

Problem is, disk utility wont detect any of my partitions (that is because i only have one Nforce4 SATA HDD).

which includes instructions on how to apply tokyovigilante's Nforce4 SATA Patch but i am still not clear on it. How do I combine those files in vista using WinRAR? and after i combine them, how do i patch it to my iso?

You don't use WinRAR, you need to enter that command in Vista's terminal, obviously replacing each "ext..." with the 5 files in sequence. I've never edited a DVD in anything other than OS X (benefits of having a real mac as well), but other users report the 30 day trial of MacDrive (Google) allows you to mount Mac images under Windows. Then just replace /System/Library/Extensions.mkext with my version, burn, et voila!. I can't be much more help than that. Read over this and previous posts, search the forums for other ways people have edited DVDs in windows, and google some of the concepts. Good Luck!

You don't use WinRAR, you need to enter that command in Vista's terminal, obviously replacing each "ext..." with the 5 files in sequence. I've never edited a DVD in anything other than OS X (benefits of having a real mac as well), but other users report the 30 day trial of MacDrive (Google) allows you to mount Mac images under Windows. Then just replace /System/Library/Extensions.mkext with my version, burn, et voila!. I can't be much more help than that. Read over this and previous posts, search the forums for other ways people have edited DVDs in windows, and google some of the concepts. Good Luck!

Ok, I've done everything like u said succesfully,burned the modified iso and tried it but the same problem is still there, still can't detect my sata hdd. Help! :D

I've finally had some time to work some more on my install. I was having the hang at the buffer line and so I pulled the AppleAPIC and AppleMPIC kexts from a 10.4.6 dvd. To do this, I booted my system from the uphuck 1.3 dvd and used Pacifist to extract the files from the Essentials.pkg. After replacing the files, it now gets passed the buffer line, but it is immediately followed by a kernel panic over the AppleAPIC.kext. Does anyone have any suggestions what I should try now? TIA.

Hi everyone. This is my first post in this forum as I am new to the MAC community. I have been trying to install MAC OS X 10.4.9 and everything goes well until after the reboot. I pick the OS to boot to and then all the code scroll up my screen than another window comes up with more information and it hangs. I am attaching what that window is telling me. Any and all help with this would be greatly appreciated.

post-117513-1182817789_thumb.jpg

I've finally had some time to work some more on my install. I was having the hang at the buffer line and so I pulled the AppleAPIC and AppleMPIC kexts from a 10.4.6 dvd. To do this, I booted my system from the uphuck 1.3 dvd and used Pacifist to extract the files from the Essentials.pkg. After replacing the files, it now gets passed the buffer line, but it is immediately followed by a kernel panic over the AppleAPIC.kext. Does anyone have any suggestions what I should try now? TIA.

You also need to use the 10.4.8 version of AppleACPIPlatform.kext.

Hi everyone. This is my first post in this forum as I am new to the MAC community. I have been trying to install MAC OS X 10.4.9 and everything goes well until after the reboot. I pick the OS to boot to and then all the code scroll up my screen than another window comes up with more information and it hangs. I am attaching what that window is telling me. Any and all help with this would be greatly appreciated.

post-117513-1182817789_thumb.jpg

This looks like another one that needs to substitute 10.4.6 or 10.4.8 versions of AppleAPIC.kext and AppleMPIC.kext. (Hey, I'm not an OSX guru, but once I learn my one cymbal note, I can hit it whenever the song comes around to it.)

Is it possible to enable BOTH CORES on this release?

Here are my specs:

Dell Inspiron 9400

Core 2 Duo T7200 2GHZ

2GB Ram

Intel 945 Chipset

Intel GMA 945 on-Board Shared Graphics

I installed the Universal-3 10.4.9 Kernel with SSE3.

I got it finally to work last night. I didn't install the AppleMPIC.kext. and that did the trick. Everything else except I didn't have audio and my internet would not work. I managed to download some drivers and get everything working. Looks really good and I am becoming a Mac lover.....thanks for everyone's help here. I really appareciate it.

First of all, nice to see this place back online. Let's hope whoever did the damage rots in hell.

Anyways, I got it working on a 2nd T41 laptop. The AppleMPIC.kext from 10.4.6 or 10.4.8 is not needed, since it's a PowerPC kext. Just need the AppleAPIC.kext. I also used the Universal Kernel 3 this time, instead of the SSE2 kernal I'm using on the other T41.

So, for anyone else wanting to install this on ThinkPad T41, you can use the SSE2 kernal or Universal 3 (probably Universal 1 or 2 also, but I haven't tried them), 10.4.8 AppleACPI.kext, Login.app and IOATAFamily.kext patches on the DVD, IO80211Family.kext from the Driver section (so the wireless networking works), and then whatever apps you want. You will also need the AppleAPIC.kext from 10.4.8 or 10.4.6. Just overwrite the one already there after the install. While you are there, delete the existing Extensions.kextcache and Extensions.mkext. These will be re-built on the next boot from the kexts you are actually loading

DON'T FORGET TO REPAIR PERMISSIONS! I did this from my 10.4.6 partition, but you can do it from the install DVD. Boot the DVD, then go to Utilities, Disk Utility. Select your drive/partition and choose Repair Permissions.

The funky permissions after mucking about with the extensions is what was causing my boot failures. Even with the correct files in place, the boot would hang at the "xxxx buffers" line. Repairing permissions cures many ills!

Hi everybody!!

I installed Uphuck's 1.3 release on this configuration:

MOBO intel D975XBX2 "Bad Axe 2"

ATI X1300 PRO PCI-E 256MB QC/CI Enabled,DVI Not working (NatitX1300)

Sigmatel STAC 9274D Not working

Wireles SMCWPCIT-G Working!!!!! detected as Airport Extreme (Atheros AR5005-GS)

Hitachi 300GB SATA II All bus sata detected

All usb detected without paching

Intel 82573L gigabit ethernet working

DVD RW Optiarc Working

I am very happy because its the first time that wireless goes on!! i think the problem of sound can solved with applehda patcher 1.16, (impossible download because forum hacker´s attack ) DVI problem no idea.....

thank you very much to all developers, great job!

Slip Kid you are just kidding I think. You can not harm your hd with these software. You can only make it non-bootable by selecting guid.

I'm sorry but it's true. Not saying anything bad about your releases just that for me, Tubgirls 10.4.9 AMD seriously f#cked my hard drive up. I fixed it one time but I tried it again and when I powered up my pc it just stalled. Couldn't boot into Windows, couldn't boot into OSX nothing. I had to get another HD because of the Tubgirl AMD

So if this has Tubgirls release on it then I'd rather not download it

I'm not saying it's bad but for me I can't use it

uphuck,

Could you explain how you incorporated the 10.4.9 update into the 10.4.8 dvd? Seems to me that apple updates can be run only after the system has boot at least one time, so would be difficult to incorporate them in the install DVD just as they are. Correct me if I'm wrong here.....

I'm sorry but it's true. Not saying anything bad about your releases just that for me, Tubgirls 10.4.9 AMD seriously f#cked my hard drive up. I fixed it one time but I tried it again and when I powered up my pc it just stalled. Couldn't boot into Windows, couldn't boot into OSX nothing. I had to get another HD because of the Tubgirl AMD

So if this has Tubgirls release on it then I'd rather not download it

I'm not saying it's bad but for me I can't use it

And you already tried to do a low-level format via your BIOS? Technically it's impossible to render a HD useless through Software, otherwise writers of Viruses would have used that already :)

Regarding loss of data, forewarnings to use an own HD for OSX86 were made already enough...

I tried the Intel SSE3 - 2, but osx would not boot up, am I suppose to try SSE3 - 1? Or any of the Universal ones?

Sorry, you have just to try all of them, if none of them work you have a compatability problem...

hello guys...i need a little help please...

im currently running Tubgirl's AMD 10.4.8 everything's running perfect except my sata hd is not detected..would it be possible to update/upgrade my hackintosh without reformatting my osx hd? or its better to create a fresh install? im currently downloading uphuck's v1.3 @68.8%..

my specs are as follows:

amd 3200+ orleans

2x512mb 533mhz Kingston

maxtor 40 gig ide

msi k9n neo-f

inno3d geforce 7600 gs

alc883 sound patch

built-in network

ty.. :police: