Official uphuck 10.4.9 universal x86 install DVD v1.3 thread

Panja

793 posts in this topic

2 birds with 1 stone!!!

I found a thread on how to disable 1 core in osx.

i went into terminal and folowed some prety simple instructions.

and rebooted

after reboot i fixed the spazy loading and glichy mouse and.. amazingly the wifi is up and runing now too.

about my video driver well its an raidon mobility x1400 and have no clue where to find drivers for it, but manualy seting the resolution sounds interesting if u find it a link would be great.

and thanks for the speedy reply

also does anyone know if parrallels works in osx86?

you can add "Graphics Mode"="1280x1024x32" to your com.apple.Boot.plist in /Library/preferences/systemconfiguration/

^try doing that, don't know if it will work or not. replace the 1280x1024 with the resolution you want of course.

It looks like you didn't substitute the older version of AppleACPIPlatform.kext. You can try reinstalling and choose the older version in the install packages.

Hello lennyb,

thank you very much for your reply.

I did this now:

I installed the following:

- Intel 10.4.9

- Universal Kernel 3

- Remove CPUPowermanagement

- AppleACPIPlatform.kext (from 10.4.8)

- Verbose Mode

(nvidia and Geforce drivers kexts are also deleted by me)

The result looks like this now:

ppanic.gif

What could I do now?

So will this work with the Asus P5B Deluxe board?

The JaS 10.4.8 won't even boot off the DVD and from what I understand it's because of the JMicron IDE chip. I think I'm gonna go to Frys and get an IDE to SATA adapter and try everything again.

Any suggestions? I just get the /com.apple.boot.plist not found error when booting from the JaS 10.4.8 DVD.

As I'm downloading this from Demonoid, it's going at >500KB/s right now. Great seeding!

Works well on my system, first try.

System: AMD Opteron 170 @ 2.9ghz - DFI LanParty (nforce 4 Ultra) - ATI x1950xt 256mb. Came up with DUAL MONITORS enabled and properly working! No tweaking was necessary on the video at all!

Only problems are:

1) I *still* have USB "replug" issues. The very first time I put OSX on, I managed to get that fixed using the Replug howto. Since then, nothing works. I've disabled USB support for DOS in BIOS, etc, yet it still can't get control from BIOS for some reason.

2) The FAT32 partition I *created with OSX* won't mount.

3) The external drive I have mounts, but does not create a finder/desktop Icon. I can navigate in Terminal to the files and access them just fine.

Works well on my system, first try.

System: AMD Opteron 170 @ 2.9ghz - DFI LanParty (nforce 4 Ultra) - ATI x1950xt 256mb. Came up with DUAL MONITORS enabled and properly working! No tweaking was necessary on the video at all!

Only problems are:

1) I *still* have USB "replug" issues. The very first time I put OSX on, I managed to get that fixed using the Replug howto. Since then, nothing works. I've disabled USB support for DOS in BIOS, etc, yet it still can't get control from BIOS for some reason.

2) The FAT32 partition I *created with OSX* won't mount.

3) The external drive I have mounts, but does not create a finder/desktop Icon. I can navigate in Terminal to the files and access them just fine.

Hey please tell me what options did you selected in the installation section, Also are you using sata drives?

Hello lennyb,

thank you very much for your reply.

I did this now:

I installed the following:

- Intel 10.4.9

- Universal Kernel 3

- Remove CPUPowermanagement

- AppleACPIPlatform.kext (from 10.4.8)

- Verbose Mode

(nvidia and Geforce drivers kexts are also deleted by me)

The result looks like this now:

ppanic.gif

What could I do now?

APIC error.

Find copies of AppleAPIC.kext and AppleMPIC.kext from the Jas 10.4.8 distribution and save them to a FAT32 partition. Then try booting from the Uphuck 1.3 DVD. Press F8 at startup and enter rd=diskxsy -f -v on the command line, where x and y represent the disk and partition number of your OSX partition. (For instance, disk0s2 if the OSX partition is the second partition on the primary hard drive.) If you can get 10.4.9 to boot, drop the 10.4.8 versions of AppleAPIC and AppleMPIC into the /system/library/extensions folder and then run Disk Utility to repair permissions. (Try booting in safe mode by also putting -x on the command line. This may increase the chance of success.)

If you can't get into the graphic interface (or single user mode) of the 10.4.9 partition, install 10.4.8 on another partition. You'll then need to boot to 10.4.8 and a) copy the 10.4.8 AppleAPIC and AppleMPIC kexts into the 10.4.9 system/library/extensions folder, ;) reset the permissions on the substituted versions through the Terminal program. If your OSX 10.4.9 volume is called "OSX 10.4.9," it would go like this from the 10.4.8 Terminal session:

sudo chown -R root:wheel /volumes/"OSX 10.4.9"/system/library/extensions/AppleAPIC.kext

sudo chown -R root:wheel /volumes/"OSX 10.4.9"/system/library/extensions/AppleMPIC.kext

sudo chmod -R 755 /volumes/"OSX 10.4.9"/system/library/extensions/AppleAPIC.kext

sudo chmod -R 755 /volumes/"OSX 10.4.9"/system/library/extensions/AppleMPIC.kext

Lots of work. But by now, maybe Uphuck will decide that the next distribution should have an install option to use the 10.4.8 versions of AppleAPIC and AppleMPIC.

I get an error after it says that it installed all correclty it said restarting in 30,29,28...

When it restarted it said

"System config file '/com.apple.Boot.plist' not found.

Is there a way that i can only reinstall that, or should i just reinstall it as a whole?

Not going to see this for a while, if possible can you PM the answer.

Thanks,

Tiger

Sucessfully got the 10.4.9 installer to take on my Acer Aspire 3680 laptop. Only issue I'm having is with the networking. The system uses an Atheros AR5005RG, which should work with the IO80211Family.kext from 10.4.5, but the Network System preferences seem to consistently crash when I launch it. The system proflier doesn't see the card either. Any ideas of what I should be trying?

So will this work with the Asus P5B Deluxe board?

The JaS 10.4.8 won't even boot off the DVD and from what I understand it's because of the JMicron IDE chip. I think I'm gonna go to Frys and get an IDE to SATA adapter and try everything again.

Any suggestions? I just get the /com.apple.boot.plist not found error when booting from the JaS 10.4.8 DVD.

As I'm downloading this from Demonoid, it's going at >500KB/s right now. Great seeding!

Ok so the uphuck image finished downloading and I burnt that to DVD also. Same error (/com.apple.boot.plist not found) so I got a IDE to SATA adapter for my DVD Drive, installed that, connected it to the ICH8R SATA port... disabled the JMicron chip and finally got that part working.

Now both disks will boot, but I get the "still waiting for root device" message. I'm a bit closer now I suppose.

I'll keep working on this for a while...

*update*

It's my RAID Volume that keeps it from booting.

I have 2 - Western Digital Caviler SE 160's in RAID 0 and 1 - Western Digital Caviler SE 320 in standard mode.

I am thinking of trying to shrink the partition on the 320, set the controller to standard mode, install OS X, enable RAID, and see if it will still boot. Then possibly copy the OS X partition over to the RAID volume and see if that works.

*/update*

*update 2.0*

I give up. OS X doesn't like my RAID setup, Partition Magic won't run in Vista, I don't have a floppy drive, and I don't have another drive with me at the moment.

*/update 2.0*

Well, thought it's time to reveal more details on my infamous trackpad/keyboard issue:

It appears that my trackpad driver (appleps2trackpad) loads thinking that my trackpad is an ALPS glidepoint 0.0 on boot-time, rather than Synaptics version 5.9, which is what it should say

I tried modifying the appleps2trackpad info.plist to remove the ALPS section, and afterwards the driver still loads fine. (and is verified to be ok.) but nonetheless I don't have trackpad working!!!

Anyone with a good solution to this would be all I need!

Tom A.

Sucessfully got the 10.4.9 installer to take on my Acer Aspire 3680 laptop. Only issue I'm having is with the networking. The system uses an Atheros AR5005RG, which should work with the IO80211Family.kext from 10.4.5, but the Network System preferences seem to consistently crash when I launch it. The system proflier doesn't see the card either. Any ideas of what I should be trying?

cainedna.. Use the script I am posting here.. Put the folder wlan to /Library/Startupitems

and reboot twice..

Than, open /Libray/Preferences/System Configuration/Networking.plist and

change en0 -> en1 also <integer>0<integer> --> <integer>1<integer>

reboot...

This should take care of your problem. Sorry this script should have been put into 1.3 will be fixed in v1.4

wlan.zip

Hi all,

I'm new arround here (1st post).

I grabed the .cdr OSx86 by uphuck(thanks for your great work) , rename the file to iso and burned it with Nero.

I boot on it, everything seems fine, I create a 30GB partition on my IDE drive and follow the install process.

(I have two other sata drive behind an intel chipset but I don't want to use thoose)

I had installed Acronis before and so it was ok to select my boot...

and when I try to boot I get the apple loading screen and then it freeze whith a sign like no-parking or interdiction style.

I'm sure I did something wrong (I tried to select the good kernel for my box).

can someone throw me a bone here ?

my conf is (thx cpu-z) :

CPU : Intel Core2duo E6320 @ 1,86Ghz

MB : Gygabyte 965P-DS3

- chipset Intel P965/G965

- southbridge : Intel 82801HB/HR (ICH8/R)

GFX : Nvidia 8600gts 256MB (got the new natit from http://diabolik1605.com/DHF/iNVidia.html and wish I can install them soon ;) )

thank you for your reading and

thank you in advance for your help

Hi all,

I'm new arround here (1st post).

I grabed the .cdr OSx86 by uphuck(thanks for your great work) , rename the file to iso and burned it with Nero.

I boot on it, everything seems fine, I create a 30GB partition on my IDE drive and follow the install process.

(I have two other sata drive behind an intel chipset but I don't want to use thoose)

I had installed Acronis before and so it was ok to select my boot...

and when I try to boot I get the apple loading screen and then it freeze whith a sign like no-parking or interdiction style.

I'm sure I did something wrong (I tried to select the good kernel for my box).

can someone throw me a bone here ?

my conf is (thx cpu-z) :

CPU : Intel Core2duo E6320 @ 1,86Ghz

MB : Gygabyte 965P-DS3

- chipset Intel P965/G965

- southbridge : Intel 82801HB/HR (ICH8/R)

GFX : Nvidia 8600gts 256MB (got the new natit from http://diabolik1605.com/DHF/iNVidia.html and wish I can install them soon :thumbsup_anim: )

thank you for your reading and

thank you in advance for your help

on the boot prompt, boot with -v (verbose mode)

let us know the where it hangs

Hmm. This looks pretty amazing. I've been using JaS 10.4.6 because 10.4.7 wouldn't work for me too well, but this looks like it has a lot of drivers that I need for my hardware, mostly the nVidia ones. Hopefully this will work great for me, and I'll actually be able to have 10.4.9 and install CS3 finally.

I'm getting it from the green demon, hopefully it won't take too long.

cainedna.. Use the script I am posting here.. Put the folder wlan to /Library/Startupitems

and reboot twice..

Than, open /Libray/Preferences/System Configuration/Networking.plist and

change en0 -> en1 also <integer>0<integer> --> <integer>1<integer>

reboot...

This should take care of your problem. Sorry this script should have been put into 1.3 will be fixed in v1.4

wlan.zip

I appreciate your work a lot! Thanks! It's helped a bit so far, the Network system preferences will open now, but it doesn't seem to see any interfaces. I should mention that the LAN port isn't being seen at all, and hasn't worked for people on this laptop with other OSX installations as far as I've seen too. I'm not as concerned about having wired lan, though.

In any case, when I went through the steps you mentioned, I didn't see a Networking.plist, but I tried the Networkinterfaces.plist. It onlly listed one configuration, which was already en1. I tried leaving it that way, and switching it to 0, with no luck either time.

Thanks again, any other advice would be great!

on the boot prompt, boot with -v (verbose mode)

let us know the where it hangs

Hello Eskurza

I get the Message "Still waiting for the root device"

it seem it detects my sata drives but not the ide one...

I don't get it since I was able to partition the IDE disk during the install process...

I'm gonna to try with Jas asap

thank you for your reading & help :gun:

how far are you?

I'm around 23.7% since I only started about an hour ago, but it picked up and is leveled out at around 160-170kb/sec which is fine for me.

It probably wont be done til this evening sometime, then I will be able to test it.