Official uphuck 10.4.9 universal x86 install DVD v1.3 thread

Panja

792 posts in this topic

How many AMd SSE3 users done a good installation ?

Please tell me the options you guys selected in the dvd

This installer worked great for me, except a couple of caveats: (Not the fault of the packager)

1) No USB (VIA K8T800 chipset, haven't seen anybody with USB luck on this one, the pkg included on the disc only addresses EHCI, not UHCI)

2) The included video drivers, while they may work for most, I STILL had to get the DiaboliK 1049 installer for my Geforce FX 5950.

Other than that, the rest of the patches and apps work a treat!

Same here. Tubgirl 10.4.9 worked out of box with USB for me.

please, what do i do with cdr? only nero will work with my DVD burner :\

Why does only Nero work?

Download DVD Decrypter, and it should work with your burner, and it'll burn .cdr images.

Why does only Nero work?

Download DVD Decrypter, and it should work with your burner, and it'll burn .cdr images.

i dont know. whenever i try to burn with something else, the burn process fails

Ok so the uphuck image finished downloading and I burnt that to DVD also. Same error (/com.apple.boot.plist not found) so I got a IDE to SATA adapter for my DVD Drive, installed that, connected it to the ICH8R SATA port... disabled the JMicron chip and finally got that part working.

Now both disks will boot, but I get the "still waiting for root device" message. I'm a bit closer now I suppose.

I'll keep working on this for a while...

*update*

It's my RAID Volume that keeps it from booting.

I have 2 - Western Digital Caviler SE 160's in RAID 0 and 1 - Western Digital Caviler SE 320 in standard mode.

I am thinking of trying to shrink the partition on the 320, set the controller to standard mode, install OS X, enable RAID, and see if it will still boot. Then possibly copy the OS X partition over to the RAID volume and see if that works.

*/update*

*update 2.0*

I give up. OS X doesn't like my RAID setup, Partition Magic won't run in Vista, I don't have a floppy drive, and I don't have another drive with me at the moment.

*/update 2.0*

Why do you need partition magic in vista? Vista has a built in partition manager: control panel -> admin tools -> computer management (wait for it to load)-> storage -> disk management -> right click on you

r disk, click shrink. shrink it to what you want.

hope this may help.

-scott

Hi,

I encountered on big problem, after reboot.

I can't load OSX. When I select it, I return to Darwin loader...

I've got an ASUS Terminator T3-P5G965 (mobo is an Asus P5B-BN with an intel 965G and ICH8 chipsets)

with an core2duo e6420 and 2x1go 6400 ram.

Graphic card is Nvidia 8600GT 256mo PCI-E fanless

I've got a SATA hd with a Jmicron controller which is set to compatitility mode in bios.

Install was done with an USB DVDRom drive. No errors were prompt during the stages.

On my HD, I've got 2 partitions, 1 NTFS and 1 AF which contains the HFS+ of OsX.

This partition exists, I can browse it with HFSExplorer under Windows.

I don't know and see why/where it breaks at this point...

Those are selected items for my installation :

10.4.9 Intel
Intel SSE3 -2
Universal Kernel -3
IOATAFamily.kext 10.4.8
Titan
ICH8
Jmicron
USB
Azalia Audio
Realtek R1000
Intel Speedstep
X11
QuickTime
QuickTime Codecs
KeyViewer
French

If you want to read more, have a look at the attached install log.

Anyone have already saw this problem ?

--- some news ----

It might be boot.plist see actual one :

<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>Boot Graphics</key>
<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Quiet Boot</key>
	<string>No</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>5</string>

... i'll try feed Kern Flags with partition id

-- see next replies...

install_log.txt

No, only 'cause you wrote GO instead of GB :rolleyes:

But sorry, can't help you. I don't have a combined HD system, I use two single ones, and I use nForce 4. My system was running so far, but I stopped experimenting with uphucks 10.4.9 cause it still contains the disk utility and the language problem, so it's no longer interesting for me.

First off, thanks uphuck for putting this DVD together.

This is the third DVD I've tried - the others were various JaS renditions. In any case, all of them get to a certain point and hang with "Still waiting for root device".

My machine is a Dell Optiplex 745 with ICH8 chipset. I have a SATA cdrom and SATA hard drive. I was under the impression that the Intel ICH8 SATA was supported with the 1.3 DVD. Is this not the case? Am I completely boned for getting OSx86 running on this beast? :)

I can provide further system details if there's any chance I can make this work.

Thanks for any and all advice...

My installation completed successfully as expected but after im done with the install and reboot it doesnt let me boot up. Im stuck at the enter -v for boot with diagnostic msges or ? for more help. Well whenever i push -v it does nothing. Anyway to get pass this?

Suggestion for next version: jettison MS Office, which would make room for more comprehensive driver support.

Maybe look at including OpenOffice instead.

Or else: make a Pair of DVD's. One for OS installation, including printer drivers, X-11, etc., and a 2nd (optional) DVD for 3rd-party apps.

Note: running Monolingual after installation trimmed over 300 Mb of useless "other-than English" language files.

Hey UPHUCK, Thanks for the release! :rolleyes: I loved your last one! :thumbsup_anim:

I only decided to upgrade due to some of the features you included in this release...i.e. the "About This Mac" crash. I also upgraded because you included the Callisto drivers (which I need for my ATI X800 XT) so I didn't have to install them later...

I just thought you would like to know neither of these worked for me...The "About This Mac" still crashes finder, and the Callisto drivers wouldn't let me change my resolution above 1024x768 (I was able to get this to change to 1600x1200 manually).

I am not complaining by any means (I think your releases are the BEST!!! :thumbsup_anim: ) I just thought I would let you know.

I installed using the following options:

10.4.9 for Intel CPU

Intel SSE2 Kernel

CPUPowerManagement Patch

IOATA patch

Callisto b008 drivers

Almost all the Applications

Here are my specs:

DFI LANPARTY PRO 875B

(Intel 875P Chipset, Intel 82875P Memory Controller Hub, Intel 82801ER I/O Controller Hub, 82547EI Gigabit LAN, Intel AGP version 3.0, ICH5R SATA IDE/RAID Interface)

Intel P4 2.6Ghz HT 800FSB SSE2

1024MB DDR400

ATI AIW X800TX 8x AGP

Seagate 160GB SATA Hard Drive

Let me know if you need anything else.

:thumbsup_anim: Thanks again!!! :thumbsup_anim:

:gun:

My installation completed successfully as expected but after im done with the install and reboot it doesnt let me boot up. Im stuck at the enter -v for boot with diagnostic msges or ? for more help. Well whenever i push -v it does nothing. Anyway to get pass this?

Im stuck at the same thing...as well as others....no one seems to know...or care to answer and help...what the problem is with this.

Soooo...dont hold your breath.

Im stuck at the same thing...as well as others....no one seems to know...or care to answer and help...what the problem is with this.

Soooo...dont hold your breath.

Sounds like the Darwin bootloader is installed. Try specifying the root device, rd=diskXsX, replace the X's with the disk and partition number. I'm sure a search for root device on the forums will help you.

Or you didn't install a kernel.

ooops...

I posted this on the 1.2 thread by mistake...

Uphuck you are the greatest!!!!

Everything installed perfectly!!!!!!!

Just a noobie question though...is the security update NOT meant to be installed???

Coz after my first install, I ran the security update...it restarted the computer...re-started it once more before even getting to the login screen...and thereafter kept freezing at the grey apple logo screen. I ran it in -v mode and saw it just stop at this msg

"mDNSResponder: Adding browse domain local"

Nothing after that. No HDD activity at all.

So had to install everything again and this time avoid running the security update...

so it's not meant to be installed then????

ooops...

Just a noobie question though...is the security update NOT meant to be installed???

Coz after my first install, I ran the security update...it restarted the computer...re-started it once more before even getting to the login screen...and thereafter kept freezing at the grey apple logo screen. I ran it in -v mode and saw it just stop at this msg

So had to install everything again and this time avoid running the security update...

If you don't have SSE3 or use an AMD you need to be careful about using the automatic updater. It all depends on what files are updated. I know the update is ok on a SSE3 intel.

I appreciate your work a lot! Thanks! It's helped a bit so far, the Network system preferences will open now, but it doesn't seem to see any interfaces. I should mention that the LAN port isn't being seen at all, and hasn't worked for people on this laptop with other OSX installations as far as I've seen too. I'm not as concerned about having wired lan, though.

In any case, when I went through the steps you mentioned, I didn't see a Networking.plist, but I tried the Networkinterfaces.plist. It onlly listed one configuration, which was already en1. I tried leaving it that way, and switching it to 0, with no luck either time.

Thanks again, any other advice would be great!

wow this post it growing fast :rolleyes:

caidina can u try deleting Networkinterfaces.plist

on reboot it should be created again.. then do the 0 --> 1 switch again since newly created plist will be the default one..

I am on irc most of the time, dont hesitate to drop by

ooops...

The last security update was not tested while the DVD was being created... So it was not included..

Are u on amd? on intel it should not give u any issues..

Let us know

First off, thanks uphuck for putting this DVD together.

This is the third DVD I've tried - the others were various JaS renditions. In any case, all of them get to a certain point and hang with "Still waiting for root device".

My machine is a Dell Optiplex 745 with ICH8 chipset. I have a SATA cdrom and SATA hard drive. I was under the impression that the Intel ICH8 SATA was supported with the 1.3 DVD. Is this not the case? Am I completely boned for getting OSx86 running on this beast? :thumbsup_anim:

I can provide further system details if there's any chance I can make this work.

Thanks for any and all advice...

The last Jas dvd works for some people on Jmicron Sata.. the package however has issues with 10.4.9

Its currently being worked on..

We will keep u guys posted.

If you don't have SSE3 or use an AMD you need to be careful about using the automatic updater. It all depends on what files are updated. I know the update is ok on a SSE3 intel.

The last security update was not tested while the DVD was being created... So it was not included..

Are u on amd? on intel it should not give u any issues..

Let us know

I'm using an AM2 Sempron 3000+

so it is SSE3...

so this means I won't be able to update? ;)

From what I can remember, the options I chose while Installing were:

10.4.9 AMD package

AppleACPIPlatform kext from 10.4.8

AMD SSE3 (1 April 2007)

Titan

USB

Quicktime

QuickTime codecs

X11

MS Office 2004

Iphoto

Itunes

Gimp

Diehardjr, I had some trouble with this too. I'll bet your only problem is with the remove AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement.kext patch. Select the correct kernel for your CPU (SSE2 or SSE3), make sure you have the remove AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement.kext option checked, and you should be good to go.

;)

Soo close :) . Just need to fix the Kernel panic.

Running an intel system. Only setup I havnt tried is an AMD setup, thats next, if that dont work Im DLing JaS 10.4.8 right now.

Wish me luck!

System specs:

Intel Celeron D 2.66gHz - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16819112206

1024mB of DDR2 - 533/667\

ASRock 4CoreDual-VSTA LGA 775 VIA PT880 Ultra ATX - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16813157107

XFX 7900gs EXTREME 256mb - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814150202

80gb WD HD

40gb WD HD

40gb IBM HD

DVD Burner

On boot to OSX I get a kernel panix saying I must reboot.

Im using this setup:

Install:

Intel 10.4.9

Kernel:

Intel-SSE2 - X(Used and it panics)

Intel-SSE3-1 - X(Used and it panics)

Intel-SSE3-2 - X(Used and it panics)

Universal-1 - X(Used and it panics)

Universal-2 - X(Used and it panics)

Universal-3 - X(Used and it panics)

Patches:

First two, IOATAFAMILY.Kext Patch, and loginwindow patch.

Drivers:

VGA->NVidia->Titan

This is all. Please help, I'll send a gmail or demonoid invite to anyone that can help me get this running.

Hi,

So, it does not boot at all.

I always stay on Darwin, without error when I ask OsX to start.

It's like there is no OsX install found on the drive.

I reboot on DVD and try to check what fails.

There were a lot of permission problems on the OsX partition.

The installer corrected them.

But now, I'm waiting for your knowledge... ;-)

I'm trying to edit Boot.plist and see there is no text editor (neither vim, vi or nano) on the installation DVD !

How can I edit this file ?

Also, when I launch the Startup disk utility, there is no drive listed.

Really amazing ! System profiler list 1 ATA drive, my hard drive (recognize as a 128Gb but really 320gb).

Hi,

So, it does not boot at all.

I always stay on Darwin, without error when I ask OsX to start.

It's like there is no OsX install found on the drive.

I reboot on DVD and try to check what fails.

There were a lot of permission problems on the OsX partition.

The installer corrected them.

But now, I'm waiting for your knowledge... ;-)

I'm trying to edit Boot.plist and see there is no text editor (neither vim, vi or nano) on the installation DVD !

How can I edit this file ?

Also, when I launch the Startup disk utility, there is no drive listed.

Really amazing ! System profiler list 1 ATA drive, my hard drive (recognize as a 128Gb but really 320gb).

First of all You have Jmicron Controller... You harware is not compatible as of now.. Jmicron on 10.4.9 is still under development.

We have known issues that are General OSX problems but unrelated to Uphuck.DVD

nano is a unix command.. U boot into the DVD and open the "TERMINAL"

the command is: sudo nano /xxx/xxx/xx.plist

---------------------------------

Hope this helps. You can join us at IRC for futher help.