Official uphuck 10.4.9 universal x86 install DVD v1.3 thread

Panja

792 posts in this topic

no i have the 8800gts 640mb and it doesnt...i dont think their will ever be support for 8xxx series cards

Actually, you are incorrect.

DiaboliK has already released an 8x00 Natit driver set with new Kext's and OpenGL.

I haven't tested it personally, but at least we know us 8x00 users wont be left in the dark.

I'm thinking of building a new pc with the intent to put both Vista and OS X 10.4.9 (uphuck v1.3) in dual boot. I've chosen some parts that I am thinking of getting for it, can anyone confirm if they will work in OS X in particular?

The parts I plan to purchase are-

Motherboard: Asus P5N-E SLI (http://www.centrecom.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=24062)

Processor: Intel Core 2 DUO E6300

RAM: Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4D (http://www.digitan.com.au/product.php?productid=39160&cat=1394&page=2)

Graphics Card: Asus EN7900GS (NVidia 7900GS)

Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200.10

Cooler: Tuniq Tower 120 (http://pccasegear.com.au/prod5029.htm)

Power Supply: Corsair HX 520W

CD/DVD Drive: Samsung SH-S182D

Case: Cooler Master Centurion 534

Please let me know if any of these parts won't work with OSX86 10.4.9 as I don't want to waste what little money I have!!!

I'm thinking of building a new pc with the intent to put both Vista and OS X 10.4.9 (uphuck v1.3) in dual boot. I've chosen some parts that I am thinking of getting for it, can anyone confirm if they will work in OS X in particular?

Motherboard: Asus P5N-E SLI (http://www.centrecom.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=24062)

RAM: Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4D (http://www.digitan.com.au/product.php?productid=39160&cat=1394&page=2)

Please let me know if any of these parts won't work with OSX86 10.4.9 as I don't want to waste what little money I have!!!

Dont waste the time and effort in building another PC that might not work, and just buy a real Mac. Theyre nice.

Dont waste the time and effort in building another PC that might not work, and just buy a real Mac. Theyre nice.

I COULD do that, but the thing is that I can overclock these parts safely to a computer with the performance of a Mac that would cost $2500+ where as this computer will only cost around $1000

Check the HCL elsewhere on this site. Mainly you are concerned with the MB and the video card. I did the same thing about a year ago and bought an ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe MB with 2 GB RAM and 3 Ghz P4, and ATI AIW X800XT video card with 256 MB. Of course the AIW part doesn't work, but the X800XT graphics card works fine. I currently have Vista, XP and OS X 10.4.6 on this system, and everything works in OS X - networking, USB, QE/CI video, sound, etc. It's fast as hell in OS X and boots in about 6 rotations of the "gear" at the bottom of the screen.

I'm going to clear some space and try 10.4.9 on it one of these days, I just don't have the time right now.

I COULD do that, but the thing is that I can overclock these parts safely to a computer with the performance of a Mac that would cost $2500+ where as this computer will only cost around $1000

Indeed you could. but after having an osx86 PC that runs perfectly with no problems, it's still doesn't have the same feel as a real Mac. I know you're trying to build a computer that will work, but there is always something that could mess it up, and drivers are sometimes a pain in the ass, and with new updates, and Leopard just around the corner, getting a real Mac is the best idea if you have the money to do it. Sure you might be able to overclock, and it'll run the same, but running on a real Mac if you've got the money is a much better choice. Overclocking really doesn't do much good while using a Mac in my opinion.

Macshiba,

I agree with most of what you are saying, but this last sentence to me is nonsense.

All PC (whather it runs Windows, MAc, Linux, etc) will run faster if overclocked.

So if you can manage to have a Core2Duo MAC like speed using a Pentium D for 1/10th of the price, isn`t that worth it?

Well. I agree that probably the Mac Itself has a better feeling to it (like an ownership thing). But It is exaclty the same as my PC with MacOSX in the operational standpoint.

Maybe if I get a Apple Mouse and Apple Keyboard I can feel more like running a Mac though...

PS. the only thing is that all MACs run Legal OSX, so if you are going to run Illegal OSX than of course you can`t update and so on. (But we are used to that in M$ World, aren`t we?)

Macshiba,

I agree with most of what you are saying, but this last sentence to me is nonsense.

All PC (whather it runs Windows, MAc, Linux, etc) will run faster if overclocked.

So if you can manage to have a Core2Duo MAC like speed using a Pentium D for 1/10th of the price, isn`t that worth it?

Well. I agree that probably the Mac Itself has a better feeling to it (like an ownership thing). But It is exaclty the same as my PC with MacOSX in the operational standpoint.

Maybe if I get a Apple Mouse and Apple Keyboard I can feel more like running a Mac though...

PS. the only thing is that all MACs run Legal OSX, so if you are going to run Illegal OSX than of course you can`t update and so on. (But we are used to that in M$ World, aren`t we?)

Yeah, I agree my last sentence was completely retarded. I don't know what the hell I was thinking. I took the overclocking comment as meaning mostly for gaming, since that's all anyone I know overclocks for, and everyone knows Mac's library of games is slim. But there are other reason for overclocking. Right now my osx86 laptop is almost running better than a Macbook, atleast hardware wise, but I don't have the kind of money to go out and buy a real mac, but if someone has the money, in the long run it will be far more worth it to buy a Mac instead of building one for osx86.

I just would be afraid of spending money and building a computer that ends up having one small problem with osx, and then the whole reason of building it is pointless. Even doing research and taking the time to get the hardware correct, there still could be almost anything to make it not work.

Actually, you are incorrect.

DiaboliK has already released an 8x00 Natit driver set with new Kext's and OpenGL.

I haven't tested it personally, but at least we know us 8x00 users wont be left in the dark.

wow, looks like i have a project for today lol...im gonna try these out and report back

wow, looks like i have a project for today lol...im gonna try these out and report back

doesnt work for cards over 256 :thumbsdown_anim:

OK so I can install uphuck 1.3, and it will begin booting.

in -v mode it gets to :

Loginwindow: Login window Application started and it just freezes.

I am running a dell precision 530,

xeon 1.8 ghz

40 gb ATA hard disk

quaddro 700 nvidia card

3com network card

ive tried several different combinations of is included, but no luck so far.

any ideas?

EDIT: SUCCESS

i used the intel SSE2 kernal, without nvidia drivers.

and now i just need networking. other wise its great!

WTF MAN :D:D:D

it worked right out of the box, ive been trying this manually for quite some time,

Btw, the install including 10.4.9 update, nvidia drivers and extra software only took me 4 minutes :thumbsup_anim:

Your my hero.

Only needed to get the network drivers, ive got an installer for that, so after 1 (!!!!!!) reboot i got it all running!

@ ive scene enough:

quaddro 700 nvidia card :hysterical::blink:

^_^ It's all working almost perfect with that release. ^_^

Hardware:

AMD 3700+ (Venice)

Abit AN8-SLI (nforce4)

XFX NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS

Segate SATA HD

Install Method: Tutorials (The Genius Bar) / [HowTo] From VMWare To Native!, A quick and easy guide for VMWare users.

Installed on second HD.

Most important Options:

AMD SSE3 Kernel

Titan (natit may work too, Titan works flawlessly)

Only Stereo Sound, but splitted the signal to all of my boxes, leaving me with fake surround but much better sound than with only two loudspeakers. Also it's not waking up from Standby, and I have to manually press the restart button after telling OS X to reboot.

Infinite Thx to uphuck

:|

Avoid NForce chipsets if you are going the Core2Duo route, it's not worth the hassle, get a good Intel based motherboard and you will have a lot less hassle and much better performance in OSx86. Everything else is fine actually.

Oh by the way.....

Uphuck's release is fantastic. Absolutely no problems at all, worked straight away using Uphuck's captions in the installer. And for the record it is really hard to get a stable Pro Tools system above 10.4.6 but this did it no problem at all, no Digidesign Core Audio Driver crashes, stable as a {censored}!!

My options:

10.4.9 Intel

Kernal SSe3-2

Natit Dual v0.2 (sleep works now as does display recognition!)

(The apps I wanted)

That was it, perfect!!

Uphuck you are the man!!

Ok all. Here are my results over a three day (and 22 installation attempt) period.

First, my configuration:

Toshiba P105-S921 Laptop

Core Duo 2 - T2400 1.86Ghz Proc. SSE3+

Intel 945GM Express Chipset

Intel Pro/Wireless 3945 ABG

2gb DDR2 SDRAM

Nvidia Geforce Go 7900 GS w/ 256mb

SATA Hard Drive (which chipset, I have no idea)

I do now have it installed, with a number of things not working. Here is what I did to get as far as I have:

* Intel Kernel

* SSE3+

* Nvidia Mobility

That is what worked EXCEPT I would get a kernel trap after installation every time, which referenced AppleIntel8254XEthernet of all things. I turned off dual core in BIOS, same trap. I turned off the Ethernet port in BIOS, same trap. Finally, I rebooted off the CD, opened a terminal and removed the ApplIntel8254XEthernet.kext from the IOFamily setup and rebooted. I was able to get into the OS!!

Now, obviously I have no network. My card (NVidia) appears to be detected and shows up in 'About This Mac', but I have no Q/CI support. Going to try and install using one of the other NVidia drivers. I also have no wireless (obviously), no sound (Conexant Intel HDA Sound chip, recognized but not working - when running linux, I have to disable all ACPI stuff, I suspect its related). I am going to reinstall again and choose some other options, if/when I get things running close to correctly, I will post back my results. I am going to reboot back to Windows (different hard drive completely) and note all my device IDs in case I have to start manually editing KEXT files. If I do and get anything working, I will post the values that work on the forums in several places with clear search keywords.

In the meantime, if anyone has any advice, I would appreciate it.

UPDATE: Additional install... I chose the NVidia NATIT 0.2 driver and the chipset is working great with full Q/CI support. Although it apparently thinks it sees my Conexant HD Audio chip, I get no sound (even if I pass acpi=off at the boot). So, we're better. I am off to try to get networking working so I can search on the same system I am working on. Sound is arguably more important to me overall since I do video editing, but I really need both working. Will let you all know what I find out. I will also (when complete), post a guide for getting it all installed and working on my system for anyone it may help (with exact messages and screen prints - if too much for here, I will link it to a manual on my company web server).

UPDATE II: Apparently I am screwed as a Toshiba P10X laptop user. I have both Conexant HD Audio and Intel Pro/Wireless 3945ABG... the problem is apparently Toshiba using proprietary memory locations in their PCI interface... Bugs Bunny explains it all here

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...0&start=100... sigh... companies and their proprietary crappy/cheap way of doing things.

Thanks!

is there a uphuckedup thread? tried over 10 different install types for a dell latitude c840. Unfortunately NONE not even version 1.2 of the uphuck even works. well this new version it locks up @ the last minute of finishing up the install and believe me its just plain ol sse2. Any clues why its not finishing?. Im going to hunt down a JAS 10.4.8 dvd when its done ill use the guide for that. I thought the uphuck would save me some time but not really :|. Hopefully some laptop users could shed some light as to if they encountered any problems with the installation finishing or just not completing.

:)

I don't know your laptop specification. But I just installed on a Toshiba laptop with SSE2. This is the only MAC OSX release working on my laptop. See:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry392819

is there a uphuckedup thread? tried over 10 different install types for a dell latitude c840. Unfortunately NONE not even version 1.2 of the uphuck even works. well this new version it locks up @ the last minute of finishing up the install and believe me its just plain ol sse2. Any clues why its not finishing?. Im going to hunt down a JAS 10.4.8 dvd when its done ill use the guide for that. I thought the uphuck would save me some time but not really :hysterical:. Hopefully some laptop users could shed some light as to if they encountered any problems with the installation finishing or just not completing.

:hysterical:

First off, thanks uphuck for putting this DVD together.

This is the third DVD I've tried - the others were various JaS renditions. In any case, all of them get to a certain point and hang with "Still waiting for root device".

My machine is a Dell Optiplex 745 with ICH8 chipset. I have a SATA cdrom and SATA hard drive. I was under the impression that the Intel ICH8 SATA was supported with the 1.3 DVD. Is this not the case? Am I completely boned for getting OSx86 running on this beast? B)

I can provide further system details if there's any chance I can make this work.

Thanks for any and all advice...

I also have a Optiplex 745 and was able to install using Uphuck 1.3 DVD. I had to set the BIOS to legacy for the SATA settings. Also I had to boot from an external DVD drive. Now I just need to work on getting the onboard Intel NIC to work. Any ideas?

:(DELL INSPIRON 6400 SUCCESS :D

Took 4 trys playing with patches/kernels -- but man this is sweet.

System was hella slow with dual core on, so off until the bug is fixed. (eta anyone? :D)

v1.3 Install disk did almost everything i needed!

Options used :

- 10.4.9 Intel

- Intel SSE3 -2

- Natit dual 0.2

- PowerManagement.bundle

- Intel Speedstep

- CoreDuoTemp

- ALL APPS!

Results :

- onboard wireless is better than it was in vista, great range and speed!

- all programs run smoothly (idle @ 3% and a little under 512mb ram)

- CPU data displays correct on top bar

- flurry / sleep / reboot work perfect

- video card working perfect and running @ native res. !

- external usb drive, iPod and archos 500 working perfect.

only issue ive had is the onboard sound, which should be fixed once i patch with the linux codec tonight.

then off to install my firewire sound card and usb midi device -- ill post success stories hopefully soon :D

thanks so much to uphuck and crew!! dc. :thumbsdown_anim:

Hey everyone

I installed Uphuck's 1.3 release on this configuration:

1.8 Ghz Core 2 Duo E4300 @ 2.4Ghz

2GB DDR

nVidia Geforce 6200 AGP

and it worked! I couldn't get the JaS release to get even to the login screen. It would just freeze up. And the install took 5 minutes, alot faster!! :lol:

Damn.

Worked right after install no need of any patching or different kexts or anything.

Config:

Hackintosh 1 - P4 3 Ghz w/ 64bit on Intel 915 GAG. 1.5 GB RAM and onboard video and auido. my server with 3TB of storage

Hackintosh 2 - Intel Core2Quad Q6600 with Asus P5K Mobo and 4 GB DDR-2 800Mhz Ram. ATI X1600 video. Coolermaster Staker Case with 6 120mm fans and Zalman CPU cooler. 1TB storage at present.

Apple 30 in cinema display

!0.4.9 uphuck v1.3 works fine on both without any problem

Thanks uphuck!

Got everything working (Intel SSE2, Radeon 9600XT, install DVD 1.3) except internet... Does anyone know where I can get that old 10.4.4 (or maybe .6, dunno anymore) IONetworkFamily.kext? From previous attempts I know that internet was working with that kext, though now I can't find it anymore....

And btw, this is about exactly what I did to setup the dual boot: http://coolblog.profit42.com/2007/06/23/os...-intel-and-amd/