Official uphuck 10.4.9 universal x86 install DVD v1.3 thread

Panja

792 posts in this topic

First of all You have Jmicron Controller... You harware is not compatible as of now.. Jmicron on 10.4.9 is still under development.

We have known issues that are General OSX problems but unrelated to Uphuck.DVD

nano is a unix command.. U boot into the DVD and open the "TERMINAL"

the command is: sudo nano /xxx/xxx/xx.plist

---------------------------------

Hope this helps. You can join us at IRC for futher help.

I have edited boo.plist whith MacDrive help.

On uphuck DVD, I have not seen this command available after a help command.

After many Darwin launch, I successfully a part of an error message : "can't find match_kernel".

Does this message appears after Jmicron failure ?

Again, thanks to uphuck for the new distro.

I've tried to install it on a Dell Inspiron 1300. I get the blank blue screen error. I can use an external monitor. I've tried to use the older fix(es) but the files are different than in the older version of the driver.

Also, I have no sound (not so big a deal to me) or network (a big deal to me.)

I've read this entire thread, and the 1.2 thread, before I decided to ask newbie questions.

Anyone have any information?

Thanks!

Sounds like the Darwin bootloader is installed. Try specifying the root device, rd=diskXsX, replace the X's with the disk and partition number. I'm sure a search for root device on the forums will help you.

Or you didn't install a kernel.

I tried the rd=disk0s1. No joy. I also tried rd=disk0s0...as well as many other number configurations. I have 1 drive and 1 partition...so it should have been the first one. Nothing worked. I assumed I had to type this in at the "boot:" prompt, right?

Also..what missing kernel would cause something like this? Ive tried all different kinds of install configurations and I cant get past this.

Thanks.

caidina can u try deleting Networkinterfaces.plist

on reboot it should be created again.. then do the 0 --> 1 switch again since newly created plist will be the default one..

I am on irc most of the time, dont hesitate to drop by

Hmm, I tried deleting the file, and rebooting didn't create a new one. Neither did repairing disk permissions. I still have a backup of the file I deleted, but is there any other way to force the system to rebuild that file?

What's the IRC channel for insanelymac again?

Thanks

Ok...ive gotten a little further but still need some help. I think Ive got what you'll call a kernel panic? Here is a screenshot of what I got:

P1010010.jpg

Any help would be much appreciated.

My Hardware:

MSI 845G MAX

P4 2.8GHz 533FSB

WD 40GB IDE HDD

IDE DVD drive

Floppy

I had been having other problems installing, so this time I only chose the 10.4.9 Intel and the first Kernel in the list (Intel SSE2 I believe).

thanks guys/gals.

Ok...ive gotten a little further but still need some help. I think Ive got what you'll call a kernel panic?

Any help would be much appreciated.

My Hardware:

MSI 845G MAX

P4 2.8GHz 533FSB

WD 40GB IDE HDD

IDE DVD drive

Floppy

I had been having other problems installing, so this time I only chose the 10.4.9 Intel and the first Kernel in the list (Intel SSE2 I believe).

thanks guys/gals.

If you read what's on the screen, you'll see that the Kernel panic occurs immediately after attempting to load the ACPI Power Management module. First thing to check is that during the install process you selected the option to replace the AppleACPIPlatform.kext with an older version and to remove the other Power Management kext.

I tried the rd=disk0s1. No joy. I also tried rd=disk0s0...as well as many other number configurations. I have 1 drive and 1 partition...so it should have been the first one. Nothing worked. I assumed I had to type this in at the "boot:" prompt, right?

Also..what missing kernel would cause something like this? Ive tried all different kinds of install configurations and I cant get past this.

Thanks.

Just because you have one harddrive doesnt mean that it will be disk0, depending on bios settings, jumpers, optical drives, etc.

If you boot the uphuck dvd and go to disk utility, highlight the OS X partition and right click it you can choose "information". In this info it should tell you how dawin labels that partition in the diskXsX format.

It may not be a root device issue, it just doesn't hurt to make sure.

If you read what's on the screen, you'll see that the Kernel panic occurs immediately after attempting to load the ACPI Power Management module. First thing to check is that during the install process you selected the option to replace the AppleACPIPlatform.kext with an older version and to remove the other Power Management kext.

This did the trick! Thanks a bunch. Now if i can just get my nic working. it worked on an old 10.4.4 image that i dd'd.

Any suggestions?

I have tried to install it 2 times.

I successfully installed it on a 320gb western digital mybook essential usb drive, but couldnt get the computer to boot it

I then tried to install it on my western digital 250gb sata drive. I formatted it and mounted it, selected all the stuff, and started installing. It examined the dvd and started installing, and got to the end, then said installation error.

Could it be that im checking the wrong things to install?

please help : (

nforce4 sli intel edition chipset

Intel Pentium 4 670 (supports sse3 says cpu-z)

Got my onboard nic working. thought it was via but it was intel. everything going good now except stuck at only 1024x768 resolution.

integrated video intel 845 chipset. gonna see what i can find.

how'd you get past the darwin boot error, we shared?

Decided to give this a whirl again after hosing my system after a failed upgrade to JaS 10.4.9 for Intel SSE3.

I'm still getting the same error as before though:

img8833vz9.jpg

Setup:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600

Motherboard: Asus P5N-E SLI

Booting from an IDE drive

Graphics Card: nVidia GeForce 7600GT

Options:

Intel

Universal-3

IOATA

Remove IntelCPUPowerManagement

VIA ATA

nForce SATA

Graphics - Titan

Tried Natit 0.1 & 0.2 also, and also tried with no VGA driver whatsoever and still the problem persists.

Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated. Looks like I'm the only one encountering this particular error though.

Well, first of all thank you very much for this release. I was able to install it on my Samsung X20 III Notebook but I'm not able to boot from the boot manager, I have 3 partitions, 1st one is XP, 2nd is Data partition and the 3rd is OSX, now I can boot XP by pressing Enter with the first partition selected. But selecting the 3rd brings back the boot manager instantly, OSX does not boot. What can I do? Installation, like I said, finished correctly. Thanks, cv01

Hardware:

- Intel® Pentium® M Prozessor 740, 1,73 GHz 2 MB Cache 533 MHz FSB

- 2048 MB RAM DDR2

- 80GB IDE 2.5" HDD

- Intel Graphic Media Accelerator 900

- 15" SXGA+ TFT/1.400 x 1.050

I have an Overclocked Pentium D and as the clock is linked to the processor clock speed, I have an issue with OS 10.4.9 from JAS

As the 10.4.8 OS was not able to read my processos specs, so it just believed what my bios was telling it, that the actual processor speed is the OC`d one.

The result is that on version 10.4.9 the time goes 40% faster than it should (and the clock is never right).

So 10.4.9 JAS is a no go for me (at least until I figure a way to solve this)

Do you guys think I will have the same problem with Uphuck`s version?

Is there a way to go around this?

tks

This is the best install of OS X I've had by far on my HP Compaq nw8440 laptop.

Everything works except:

No audio (haven't hacked at it yet)

Unable to change resolution on display (haven't tried an external display to see how it handles those)

Thanks a ton!

finally finished downloading, but now what do i do with the .cdr to burn it? nero says it cannot burn .cdr when i hit burn image to DVD

If u havent figured this out yet all you do is rename the .cdr to .iso

good luck installing

I tried this on Toshiba satellite A105-S1013. Though I can't install again, this is the best x86 release ever. The only problem now is it can not recognize my SATA HD just like the other mac osx release. Keyboard, touch pad, mainboard are not problem anymore. Thanks! Please keep working.

Specification:

mainboard: ATI SB450 --- recognized

Video card: ATI X200M express --- recognized

wireless: athreos 5005G --- don't know

Hard drive: SATA 150 --- not working

OK, I finally got this working. Still seeding the DVD image from my "real Mac" G4 500Mhz, BTW!

I've had the JAS 10.4.6 version running for ages on 2 systems - a ThinkPad T41 laptop and my P4 3 Ghz desktop running on an ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe MB with 2 GB RAM and ATI X800 AGP video with 256 MB. Everything works with 10.4.6 - sound, networking, wireless on the T41 using the 10.4.5 IO80211 kext, and QE/CI video on the desktop.

I downloaded this 10.4.9 DVD over the weekend. It came down in about 8 hours with 200K+ DL speed. Burned it with Toast 6.1 on my "real Mac" G4.

Anyways, I did my first test installs on the T41. It's already dual-booting 10.4.6 and XP using the BootManager from eXtended FDisk from "Hiren's Boot CD" (incredibly useful CD, BTW!). I deleted stuff from the XP partition and ended up with about 15 gig free. I partitioned using the Partition Magic on Hiren's CD, creating a new empty Primary partition, and then installed 10.4.9 using various kernels and patches.

After the installs I was always stuck at the "Using xxxx buffers" point in the verbose boot. Since I already had 10.4.6 installed and working on this laptop, I just copied over the AppleAPIC.kext and AppleMPIC.kext from the 10.4.6 partition to the 10.4.9 partition. I fixed the permissions while I was booted in 10.4.6 from the "Get Info" screen - much easier than typing a bunch of commands in terminal! 10.4.9 came right up after that. The only thing not working is the wired ethernet - but the wireless is working since I chose the 10.4.5 IO80211.kext! Not sure at this point what's going on there but I'm sure I'll figure it out.

I was about to give up on this, but I'm glad I read all the messages in this topic! THANK YOU THANK YOU to uphuck!!!!! :hysterical: You are da man! :hysterical: I agree with others that the AppleAPIC.kext and AppleMPIC.kext need to be an install option in version 1.4. I especially like all of the apps included on this DVD!

I understand the script to remove AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext is necessary for AMD machines?

Is this true?

I don't think I picked that option when installing. Is this going to be a problem? Is there anyway I can run this script now?

APIC error.

Lots of work. But by now, maybe Uphuck will decide that the next distribution should have an install option to use the 10.4.8 versions of AppleAPIC and AppleMPIC.

Hi Lennyb, thank you very much for the whole manual you wrote. I'm gonna try it as soon as I have time. And it would be great if Uphuck could put it in the next distribution too :poster_oops:

cu

Daniel

Anyone with AMD X2 (dual core) gotten this to work?

ill try this today:

Hey guys, here's the nForce4 SATA patch I was talking about earlier. Sorry it's not a PPF, but it was going to be over 120mb for a 5mb patch.

To install:

1. Download the 5 files.
  2. Open a terminal and cd to the download directory.
  3. Type
    cat Extensions.mkext.[1-5].zip > Extensions.mkext.zip
    hdiutil attach /<your image path>/uphuck_10.4.9_v1.3/uphuck_10.4.9_universal_dvd_v1.3.cdr -readwrite

4. Close the terminal.
  5. Extract Extensions.mkext.zip
  6. Copy Extensions.mkext to /<your install DVD here>/System/Library, replacing the one that's there. You may want to take a backup of this one in case mine doesn't work.
  7. Eject the image, burn and install as usual.

Note: because of the way I had to build the mkext to boot on my system, it might not include all the drivers for your system. However, if you have an nForce4, there is a framebuffer, SATA, Bluetooth etc, which should be enough to get you installed. Obviously you can choose all your own hardware during the install process.

Good luck, and thanks to uphuck!

How do i combine these files on vista???... my winrar says its damaged...

UPTATE: copy /b ex... + ex ... + ... THENEW.ZIP worked :thumbsup_anim:

ill try this today:

How do i combine these files on vista???... my winrar says its damaged...

UPTATE: copy /b ex... + ex ... + ... THENEW.ZIP worked :thumbsup_anim:

Cool. Yeah, it's just the Extension cache cut into 5 pieces, so you just need to pipe the into a single file.

AMD dual core works fine, it's what I'm running.