[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Moviemakergr said:

But I have a remarkably lower score at Cinebench

this problem is not efi folder. check bios/uefi config. u can use in default settings with no changes. Update Cinebench to r23

Z8NoWEl.png

• Like 2

@ghost8282

I have tried to install it by disabling the root , authenticated root. the problem is the The Kepler patch rename the Ventura installation Disk as Montrerey Disk. Is there any process to manually install the Graphics Patch.. please tell me steps 

16 minutes ago, PoMpIs said:

The 6650xt doesn't allow me to use the TV app or the amazon prime video app... and netflix doesn't work on safari either... in Monterey everything works perfectly...

Netflix, etc on safari with Ventura Beta 1

aoiRCPs.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, $tealth said:

The Kepler patch rename the Ventura installation Disk as Montrerey Disk

That's not the issue, it's just a name and you can change it after if you want.

I cannot help further, you are further ahead than me, I don't have Ventura installed :D

@MaLd0n 

None of that works for me with the 6650XT in MacOS Ventura

TV app----- not working

Amazon Prime Video app-----Not working

Netflix on Safari---- Not Working

The 6600xt does work with the TV app.

And the rx5000 I think everything works

sIqkPN9.png

and in monterey everything works great for me

Edited by PoMpIs

5 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

To all people that encountered the "A required firmware update could not be installed" issue:

After cross examining several config.plist files I realized the key factor that was missing from my configs is the set of string "run-efi-updater=No" which only was present at: 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 entry under the NVRAM section.

After taking a closer look at @pico joe's config I realized in his config the "run-efi-updater=No" was also available in the NVRAM under "4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14" and "4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102" so I added these values to my original config which I was using for Monterey and earlier versions of macOS, updated the kexts and OC to latest version (0.8.2) and the installer went smoothly without any issues.

I just finished the installation of Ventura with these settings being added to the config.plist and I will try once more without these stings just to prove my conclusion and share the results.

Thanks to all the OC devs and all the people that helped to resolve this issue.

i treid this but stil got A required firmware update could not be installed

am i missing something else 😅?

• Sad 1

Hello, I have managed to install ventura on my haswell working quite well, only hdmi audio and my graphic does not appear in about this mac... greetings

Captura de Pantalla 2022-06-12 a las 9.35.11.png

Edited by Cyberdevs
Please use proper message format.
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

9th gen intel appears fine.

That's because it's natively supported. 

6 hours ago, v-volodi said:

it works normally in monterey with skl properties, without patched connectors, but ventura with kbl properties - black screen, now i patched connectors , but also black screen, any ideas?

Framebuffer is required for both, Mobile and Desktops. Provide your EFI to check

1 hour ago, ghost8282 said:

Yes, yes, absolutely not worth for an everyday use...it was just a thing to have it run at least one time in this build :D

What it's still not clear for me is why it completes on ivy (if it really completes) and not on sandy (what I tried), since both have only avx, there must be additional instructions that ivy has and not sandy that the installer uses.

In my case I have Ivy Laptop (HP 2570P) and Haswell Desktop (GA-B85M-D3H, that´s currently is working fine except HD4600), but I could install without any problems in my Ivy Laptop, it loads the installer, install Ventura in the SSD, complete the first phase 15 minutes reaming, the second phase 30 minutes reaming too, and after that it reboot again 2 times, and after that I think that Ventura must be installed completely, because the recovery (13.0) is created, and if I push this SSD on Monterey it shows me a complete installation filesystem of Ventura, but in my case, my Ivy Laptop, gives me a general panic, I also tried replacing the os.dmg from Preboot, from M1, with hash_root, and trustcache and I got the same problem, isn´t working.

I noticed that as you said AVX 1.0 is present in Sandy and Ivy, but RDRAND is only present in Ivy, and some months ago, Apple put RDRAND as mandatory in Monterey 12.1 beta 1, but at RC, Apple deleted this requirement.

Edited by asdesoso
  • Like 1

@MaLd0n 

A strange thing happens with Whatevergreen..
If I use the version you left here:

The system works fine.

But if I use the version that you have in the latest EFI folder of Alder Lake, the 6650xt does not load the desktop, the screen stays black

I guess this latest version is a newer build...

And it's just that kext, I use the newer one and I have a black screen when it should load the desktop, I go back to the other version that you left the other day and I can get to the desktop and use the computer normally but I can not play content with DRM.

Could this be why the TV or Netflix app does not work?

40 minutes ago, ham4ever said:

Make sure you follow @Cyberdevs posted Guide exactly as illustrated and before you boot off the USB drive (I am assuming this is a clean install) clean the NvRAM at least twice.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ham4ever said:

am i missing something else 😅?

Just make sure that you have updated all the necessary parts of your EFI folder.

• Like 1

For those with older CPUs like SandyBridge and IvyBridge:

I don't think you can install Ventura on your rigs because those processors don't support avx2 and apple removed all non-avx2 dynlibs from Ventura. Unless the devs come up with a workaround or a new method make this possible those rigs are most likely dead in the water.

You can read all about it here at:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/macos-13-ventura-on-unsupported-macs-thread.2346881/page-13?post=31178367#post-31178367

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

Just make sure that you have updated all the necessary parts of your EFI folder.

is AvoidRuntimeDefrag=no or yes? 

Edit: maybe because i want to install Ventura on same SSD as Monterey.?

Edited by ham4ever

13 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

--OPENCORE FOLDERS--

--OPENCORE DESKTOP--

-Desktop LGA77x Download HERE (Read instructions for Legacy HERE)

-Desktop SandyBridge Download HERE

-Desktop IvyBridge Download HERE

-Desktop Haswell and Broadwell Download HERE

-Desktop SkyLake Download HERE

-Desktop KabyLake Download HERE

-Desktop CoffeeLake Download HERE

-Desktop CometLake Download HERE

-Desktop RocketLake Download HERE

-Desktop AlderLake Download HERE

-Desktop HEDT SandyBridge-E and IvyBridge-E Download HERE (x79 Chipset)

-Desktop HEDT Haswell-E Download HERE (x99 Chipset)

-Desktop HEDT Broadwell-E Download HERE (x99 Chipset)

-Desktop HEDT Skylake-XW and CascadeLake-XW Download HERE (x299 Chipset

-Desktop HEDT Intel Chipset C422 Download HERE

-Desktop AMD Bulldozer, Jaguar, Ryzen and Threadripper Download HERE

AMD users need check some new things, check screenshot below

0IONHgO.png

--OPENCORE NOTEBOOK--

-NoteBook SandyBridge Download HERE

-NoteBook IvyBridge Download HERE

-NoteBook Haswell Download HERE

-NoteBook Broadwell Download HERE

-NoteBook SkyLake Download HERE

-NoteBook KabyLake Download HERE

-NoteBook CoffeeLake and WhiskeyLake Download HERE

-NoteBook CoffeeLake Plus and CometLake Download HERE

-NoteBook IceLake Download HERE

-NoteBook TigerLake Download HERE

-Use USB2 port for easy installation with no remap USB

-IGPU users can use -igfxvesa for easy installation

-Delete old EFI folder and paste new. Don't use merge files

-Don't use Drag and Drop into EFI partition. Use Copy/Paste instead

-Reset NVRAM one time

Original topic 

https://www.olarila.com/topic/5676-hackintosh-efi-folders-for-all-chipsets-clover-and-opencore/

Credits: Clover Team, OpenCore Team, AMD Team, Mieze and many others!

@MaLd0n Thank you !

2 hours ago, PG7 said:

Asus Vivo AiO V241IC-R 

Ventura 13 Dev Beta

Intel i3-6006u
intel HD520
OC 0.8.2
SSD 
8 Go Memory DDR4

IG-Platform-ID + ID = KabyLake

Wake/Sleep OK
processeur = OK

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.a7e352180640adade31557339a17901f.png

What is Ig-platform -id and device-id ?

18 minutes ago, ham4ever said:

is AvoidRuntimeDefrag=no or yes? 

With the new Updated OC version, AvoidRuntimeDefrag=Yes this is so that we can still boot Monterey, BS and others without constantly altering that entry in the config.plist.

Edited by Cyberdevs
post edited.
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, ANONIMNIQ said:

Hey, is this with igpu working?

Hello, no, in my second hack i5 4570 with hd 4600 it does not finish installing... greetings

Edited by Cyberdevs
Please use proper message format.

1 hour ago, eSaF said:

Make sure you follow @Cyberdevs posted Guide exactly as illustrated and before you boot off the USB drive (I am assuming this is a clean install) clean the NvRAM at least twice.

1 hour ago, Cyberdevs said:

I found out why I kept getting A required firmware update could not be installed.

I was using EFI from USB which has OC 0.8.2, and the EFI from ssd had 0.7.9. 

so I updated also my ssd EFI to the same on as USB, and I got it working. 

it installed just fine after that and I am using Ventura now. 

Thanks guys

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Hervé said:

@ANONIMNIQ you've been told several times before: there's no support for any iGPU older than Kaby Lake in Ventura. There's simply no drivers in Ventura for those abandonned iGPUs. @zeus2000's screenshots clearly show an AMD RX580 graphics card so please pay attention. Skylake iGPUs sort of work by faking KBL iGPUs settings; that's about it. For older iGPUs such as Haswell and Broadwell, there's no solution until a patch is eventually made, if ever. If you want to run Ventura on a Haswell desktop, make sure to use a compatible AMD discrete card (Polaris minimum).

I knew that, why you yelling at me everytime I asked someone about this. There are other people who tried to test Ventura on Haswell too and we hope for iGPU patch in the future. I used my current Monterey installation, just installed Ventura on a different drive to test it and see if there is any chance to use it in the future, that's all. How to know if there is any patch eventually if I don't ask other people with similar systems. And btw I don't think there is a easy way to use discrete gpu in my system, because USB ports are not thunderbolt.

Edited by ANONIMNIQ
  • Like 1