[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

In order to fix my unknown processor what is the number of my i5 9600K?, until Ventura I didn't need to put the number of the processor it was detected automatically...

Or more clearly processor type...

Thanks

1335853923_Schermata2022-06-12alle13_53_20.thumb.png.cd175b0ca32156690f595e5b01771f74.png

• Like 3

@Stefanalmare

You already know that some of us with Z390 have been able to boot Ventura with your EFI. I have a comment for you.

Just before the picker there is a message for just a few tenths of a second, do you see it too?

It says "OC: Failed to drop ACPI 52414D44", it refers to the item that is in ACPI >> Delete, TableSignature is the value of the error message but with the bytes reversed (444D4152), if I delete that item from ACPI >> Delete or set Enabled = False, the error message disappears.

Without SSDT-DMAR.aml, Ventura boots fine and loads its own DMAR table from BIOS. I think this is better than loading SSDT.DMAR provided into your EFI as it corresponds to your motherboard.

Anyway, thanks again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

To all people that encountered the "A required firmware update could not be installed" issue:

After cross examining several config.plist files I realized the key factor that was missing from my configs is the set of string "run-efi-updater=No" which only was present at: 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 entry under the NVRAM section.

After taking a closer look at @pico joe's config I realized in his config the "run-efi-updater=No" was also available in the NVRAM under "4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14" and "4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102" so I added these values to my original config which I was using for Monterey and earlier versions of macOS, updated the kexts and OC to latest version (0.8.2) and the installer went smoothly without any issues.

I just finished the installation of Ventura with these settings being added to the config.plist and I will try once more without these stings just to prove my conclusion and share the results.

Thanks to all the OC devs and all the people that helped to resolve this issue.

Would be good if the devs of OC could chime in and provide some light on this. Like is having both these values needed or are they redundant and where this is actually needed. 

Thanks @antuneddu, @5T33Z0, for your prompt answers,

My Processor type is 0, and the result is below...

I don't know how to change the Endianness, could you please explain it to me?

Thanks

PS: My SMBIOS is IMac20,2 and it shows Mac only...

Captura de ecrã 2022-06-12, às 13.37.50.png

Edited by MorenoAv

16 minutes ago, miliuco said:

@Stefanalmare

You already know that some of us with Z390 have been able to boot Ventura with your EFI. I have a comment for you.

Just before the picker there is a message for just a few tenths of a second, do you see it too?

It says "OC: Failed to drop ACPI 52414D44", it refers to the item that is in ACPI >> Delete, TableSignature is the value of the error message but with the bytes reversed (444D4152), if I delete that item from ACPI >> Delete or set Enabled = False, the error message disappears.

Without SSDT-DMAR.aml, Ventura boots fine and loads its own DMAR table from BIOS. I think this is better than loading SSDT.DMAR provided into your EFI as it corresponds to your motherboard.

Anyway, thanks again.

If you use a modified ACPI table, you need to block the genuine one. The DMAR table from my EFI is done like this to support AppleVTD in the same time non affecting WIFI and ethernet. AppleVTD exist in all new Mac and for me is usefull for thunderbolt, thunderbolt ethernet, etc. To the one in my folder I changed "Reserved Memory Region" with one from genuine iMac19.1 and it is working great. Also you need to disable DisableloMapper.

PS: If you have Z390 Aorus, for sure our genuine DMAR tables are the same.

Edited by Stefanalmare
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

To all people that encountered the "A required firmware update could not be installed" issue:

After cross examining several config.plist files I realized the key factor that was missing from my configs is the set of string "run-efi-updater=No" which only was present at: 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 entry under the NVRAM section.

After taking a closer look at @pico joe's config I realized in his config the "run-efi-updater=No" was also available in the NVRAM under "4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14" and "4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102" so I added these values to my original config which I was using for Monterey and earlier versions of macOS, updated the kexts and OC to latest version (0.8.2) and the installer went smoothly without any issues.

I just finished the installation of Ventura with these settings being added to the config.plist and I will try once more without these stings just to prove my conclusion and share the results.

Thanks to all the OC devs and all the people that helped to resolve this issue.

@Cyberdevs @eSaF

Unfortunately, I can't actually test Ventura on my Z390. Thanks  both of you for your explanations and efi folder. I don't understand  about "run-efi-updater=No" under "4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14" and "4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102"
Dortinia Guide refers to BlacklistAppleUpdate=true for Coffee Lake (Z390). It do not work on Ventura ? Let me know, please.

Spoiler

1825766838_Capturedcran2022-06-1214_24_24.png.ea69ec34c93fc0ab0e5d085d6a90443a.png

Edited by Matgen84

1 hour ago, simmel said:

Just want to report partial success installing Ventura on my H61 Sandy Bridge system

I'm interested in this, were you able to get to the language selector?

In my system with sandy bridge I'm able to partially complete the installation, by also overwriting the os.dmg taken from a m1 machine+patch for root hash check, till when (I think) the language selector should appear, where it hangs.

On another forum there are instructions about how to install ventura on a macpro 5,1: the user says that on the mac pro 5,1 you can start installation, overwrite os.dmg, then take out the hd and complete installation on an ivy bridge (or more recent) machine (what I don't understand is why it should complete on ivy and not on sandy, since both lack avx2..); after installation is completed install again the hd in the mac pro and it boots.

Edited by ghost8282

Just now, ghost8282 said:

I'm interested in this, were you able to get to the language selector?

In my system with sandy bridge I'm able to partially complete the installation, by also overwriting the os.dmg taken from a m1 machine+patch for root hash check, till when (I think) the language selector should appear, where it hangs.

You'll never install VENTURA IN Ivybridge and older without AVX2 emulation.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/monterand-probably-the-start-of-an-ongoing-saga.2320479/post-31162545

12 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

@Cyberdevs @eSaF

Unfortunately, I can't actually test Ventura on my Z390. Thanks  both of you for your explanations and efi folder. I don't understand  about "run-efi-updater=No" under "4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14" and "4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102"
Dortinia Guide refers to BlacklistAppleUpdate=true for Coffee Lake (Z390). It do not work on Ventura ? Let me know, please.

Reveal hidden contents

1825766838_Capturedcran2022-06-1214_24_24.png.ea69ec34c93fc0ab0e5d085d6a90443a.png

Here you are Buddy, hope this explains it.

Screen Shot 2022-06-12 at 13.44.09.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Asus Vivo AiO V241IC-R 

Ventura 13 Dev Beta

Intel i3-6006u
intel HD520
OC 0.8.2
SSD 
8 Go Memory DDR4

IG-Platform-ID + ID = KabyLake

Wake/Sleep OK
processeur = OK

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.a7e352180640adade31557339a17901f.png

• Like 3

Guest 5T33Z0

Does someone else use ECEnabler.kext on his Laptop ? I think it's broken in Ventura. I get errors related to the battery (Method GBST or something).

22 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

You'll never install VENTURA IN Ivybridge and older without AVX2 emulation.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/monterand-probably-the-start-of-an-ongoing-saga.2320479/post-31162545

it seems avx2 can be overcame by overwriting the os.dmg:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/oc-ventura-install-on-cmp-5-1.2347310/?post=31172042#post-31172042

(option 2)

I asked if he was sure about ivy and not newer...

Edited by ghost8282

Here is the EFI I used to install Ventura from Monterey on My Z390 Gaming-e Strix rig.

I updated from software update and I reset twice the nvram before booting into the MacOS Installer.

Once the update has been done, I'm able to use my Monterey EFI again.

EFI.zip

• Like 1

@Cyberdevs @eSaF

My English is so bad, so I do not explain well. I understand about Cyberdev string for run-efi-updater. 
Previously (Monterey), I use only run-efi-updater=no  at: 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 entry under the NVRAM section.

With BlacklistAppleUpdate=YES in Security section (see screenshot bellow):

Spoiler

image.png.9a8b211e81de8276c08a80228861cb02.png

I wonder if that BlacklistAppleUpdate still works with Ventura or not ? Or must be update by OC Developers ! 🙂

Edited by Matgen84

15 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

Hehhehehehhh! I'll try. But will be the same work on all updates.

Yes, yes, absolutely not worth for an everyday use...it was just a thing to have it run at least one time in this build :D

What it's still not clear for me is why it completes on ivy (if it really completes) and not on sandy (what I tried), since both have only avx, there must be additional instructions that ivy has and not sandy that the installer uses.

Edited by ghost8282

Hello..

The 6650xt doesn't allow me to use the TV app or the amazon prime video app... and netflix doesn't work on safari either... in Monterey everything works perfectly...

Any idea what it could be??

4vyZM1m.png 

😥

It is the only thing that makes me return to Monterey, if I can make it work, I would stay in Ventura, all the other programs that I use work perfectly for me in Ventura

16 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

With BlacklistAppleUpdate=YES in Security section (see screenshot bellow):

It didn't work on y rigs so I had to add run-efi-updater=no to all entries in under the nvram. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@$tealth

the kepler "patch" is not so difficult to implement, you don't have to analyze any code; what it does is disable authenticated root and unseal the volume, copy nvidia drivers kexts to the volume, these drivers kexts taken from big sur, and create a new snapshot.

This can be done manually.

Chris automated it within a package.

Then, if it will work in ventura it's another thing.

Edited by ghost8282
  • Like 1