[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, The Tech said:

@PMheart An update to report here.  With the SkylakeInjector kext enabled and loaded, HEVC gets disabled. However, with the kext disabled, HEVC works. Any clue?

The Desktop is done too. Works like a charm now.

Please try whether HEVC is really working, or is only reported to work, while actually it does not?

And congratulations! Please try HEVC on your desktop as well.

• Like 1

How do I prevent Ventura from automatically putting the machine to sleep?
There was a slider in the "Power Saver" page in System Preferences... But in the new System Settings app this slider is absent.

5 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

--OPENCORE FOLDERS--

--OPENCORE DESKTOP--

-Desktop LGA77x Download HERE (Read instructions for Legacy HERE)

-Desktop SandyBridge Download HERE

-Desktop IvyBridge Download HERE

-Desktop Haswell and Broadwell Download HERE

-Desktop SkyLake Download HERE

-Desktop KabyLake Download HERE

-Desktop CoffeeLake Download HERE

-Desktop CometLake Download HERE

-Desktop RocketLake Download HERE

-Desktop AlderLake Download HERE

-Desktop HEDT SandyBridge-E and IvyBridge-E Download HERE (x79 Chipset)

-Desktop HEDT Haswell-E Download HERE (x99 Chipset)

-Desktop HEDT Broadwell-E Download HERE (x99 Chipset)

-Desktop HEDT Skylake-XW and CascadeLake-XW Download HERE (x299 Chipset

-Desktop HEDT Intel Chipset C422 Download HERE

-Desktop AMD Bulldozer, Jaguar, Ryzen and Threadripper Download HERE

AMD users need check some new things, check screenshot below

0IONHgO.png

--OPENCORE NOTEBOOK--

-NoteBook SandyBridge Download HERE

-NoteBook IvyBridge Download HERE

-NoteBook Haswell Download HERE

-NoteBook Broadwell Download HERE

-NoteBook SkyLake Download HERE

-NoteBook KabyLake Download HERE

-NoteBook CoffeeLake and WhiskeyLake Download HERE

-NoteBook CoffeeLake Plus and CometLake Download HERE

-NoteBook IceLake Download HERE

-NoteBook TigerLake Download HERE

-Use USB2 port for easy installation with no remap USB

-IGPU users can use -igfxvesa for easy installation

-Delete old EFI folder and paste new. Don't use merge files

-Don't use Drag and Drop into EFI partition. Use Copy/Paste instead

-Reset NVRAM one time

Original topic 

https://www.olarila.com/topic/5676-hackintosh-efi-folders-for-all-chipsets-clover-and-opencore/

Credits: Clover Team, OpenCore Team, AMD Team, Mieze and many others!

Hello bro.

I just tried your EFI and it works fine.

But I have a remarkably lower score at Cinebench

Also, the desktop is locked on Ventura to everyone and we are not allowed to deposit files ? if really happens is big fault.

Spoiler

Untitled_4.png

Untitled_4_and_Create_New_Topic___InsanelyMac.png.e9ac5cd6f528f4c6519d78095e9014dd.png

Edited by Moviemakergr
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, PMheart said:

Please try whether HEVC is really working, or is only reported to work, while actually it does not?

And congratulations! Please try HEVC on your desktop as well.

Checked using VideoProc tool. This is what i see when i enable SkylakeInjector kext. If i remove it, i see HEVC enabled. The situation is the same for both, Desktop and Laptop. Apart from this, as far as i'm aware, Sleep is broken on Skylake Desktops right?

image.png.03d0c687e87228c084db2a69e01bb741.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PropoFlexWX4 said:

How do I prevent Ventura from automatically putting the machine to sleep?
There was a slider in the "Power Saver" page in System Preferences... But in the new System Settings app this slider is absent.

• Display- > Advanced -> Energy

• HEVC/H264  is also working fine on RX580 & Skylake-X 9th GEN. without any extra kext.

• Sleep is however non functional on my X299 - Instant wake with KP.

image.thumb.png.2aab4a41791dce2c4542d58d06c38b18.png

image.png

Edited by Ellybz
  • Like 6

12 hours ago, eSaF said:

DRUM ROLL Please - 'Ladies and Gentlemen, we got him' (historic words and quite apt). Seriously thanks to the tireless efforts of the OC Devs making it possible and a big thank you to @Cyberdevs and @pico joe for sharing the Folder that saved my sanity. Bigups to fellow members that offer up help along the way, much appreciated, if you guys were nearby, I'd smother you all with kisses. :lol: :thumbsup_anim: The wife is happy, it's socks again this year.

Now please excuse me while I have a play with my new toy.

Hi @eSaF Can you share your EFI folder, please !  I want to play with this new toy too 🙂

• Like 3

8 hours ago, PropoFlexWX4 said:

That's life in the bleeding edge my friend.
BTW what is your SMBIOS?

iMac19,1

8 hours ago, PropoFlexWX4 said:

Changing the timezone apparently crashes the clock on this beta. Irreversibly.

Well.. its a beta.

Both upgrade and clean install. 

Confirmed: As soon as you change the timezone, to anything other than Cupertino, notification center, control center and the clock crash and permanently disappear from the menu bar.

I see, yeah i changed my timezone in OOBE and after getting into desktop, the right part of the menu bar was just "frozen" and beachballing.

On 6/8/2022 at 7:17 AM, Middleman said:

As STLVNUB says it might work with the Aptio fixes, but it could gets tricky as there are more than 6 variations of AptioFix if I recall:

- OSXAptioMemoryFix, OSXAptioFix2, OSXAptioFix3, AptioMemoryFix-64, OsxAptioFix2Drv-64, and EmuVariable64.

I was just linked this thread... please don't (even in the future). Anything but OC's quirk code is broken and outdated. Generally, issues at this level cannot be resolved by throwing random approaches till one doesn't break boot, because there is plenty to break outside kernel handoff (and these things may or may not be obvious). AvoidRuntimeDefrag is not optional and cannot be safely disabled on machines that are not Macs, known to not have SMM usage (e.g. OVMF compiled without it) and maybe legacy BIOS (I lack knowledge there).

• Like 6

6 hours ago, The Tech said:

Make sure you have patched your FB connectors.

it works normally in monterey with skl properties, without patched connectors, but ventura with kbl properties - black screen, now i patched connectors , but also black screen, any ideas?

28 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @eSaF Can you share your EFI folder, please !  I want to play with this new toy too 🙂

Sure Buddy here you go, this is a clean install EFI. Insure you clean the NvRAM before you run it from your installer USB stick. Good luck.

EFI.zip

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

To all people that encountered the "A required firmware update could not be installed" issue:

After cross examining several config.plist files I realized the key factor that was missing from my configs is the set of string "run-efi-updater=No" which only was present at: 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 entry under the NVRAM section.

After taking a closer look at @pico joe's config I realized in his config the "run-efi-updater=No" was also available in the NVRAM under "4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14" and "4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102" so I added these values to my original config which I was using for Monterey and earlier versions of macOS, updated the kexts and OC to latest version (0.8.2) and the installer went smoothly without any issues.

I just finished the installation of Ventura with these settings being added to the config.plist and I will try once more without these stings just to prove my conclusion and share the results.

Thanks to all the OC devs and all the people that helped to resolve this issue.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

To all people that encountered the "A required firmware update could not be installed" issue:

After cross examining several config.plist files I realized the key factor that was missing from my configs is the set of string "run-efi-updater=No" which only was present at: 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 entry under the NVRAM section.

After taking a closer look at @pico joe's config I realized in his config the "run-efi-updater=No" was also available in the NVRAM under "4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14" and "4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102" so I added these values to my original config which I was using for Monterey and earlier versions of macOS, updated the kexts and OC to latest version (0.8.2) and the installer went smoothly without any issues.

I just finished the installation of Ventura with these settings being added to the config.plist and I will try once more without these stings just to prove my conclusion and share the results.

Good call!!!! - I will also have a look at that on a test install.

My demeanour has gone from despair to delight, so far I have install all my software on Ventura and so far (touch wood) no glitches to speak of. All of Apple Services are functioning as normal just as before. Hope I'm wrong but could this version be our last hurrah?

Screen Shot 2022-06-12 at 09.56.36.png

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 8

34 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Sure Buddy here you go, this is a clean install EFI. Insure you clean the NvRAM before you run it from your installer USB stick. Good luck.

Thanks, Bro. 🙂

1 hour ago, Download-Fritz said:

I was just linked this thread... please don't (even in the future). Anything but OC's quirk code is broken and outdated. Generally, issues at this level cannot be resolved by throwing random approaches till one doesn't break boot, because there is plenty to break outside kernel handoff (and these things may or may not be obvious). AvoidRuntimeDefrag is not optional and cannot be safely disabled on machines that are not Macs, known to not have SMM usage (e.g. OVMF compiled without it) and maybe legacy BIOS (I lack knowledge there).

Yup, I totally agree with you! Using OC quirk is much better and safer. I only quoted them because folks were talking about 'needing' an alt form of the quirk.
Believe me, I've had my fair share of using and testing the various memory efis when I was building my Comet Lake setup! It was such a pain, I DO NOT recommend it.

Edited by Middleman
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Gravarty said:

Has someone found out how fix the menu bar bug? I only have Spotlight and everything else is missing.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-06-12 um 00.56.58.png

I think it has to do with wifi not working proper, as I have the same issue and the only time it worked was when my Intel WiFi was on. Unfortunately I had to turn it off, as it is causing a panic.

• Confused 2

How do I disable Apple RSN, as it seems for me to be able to use Intel WiFi in Ventura, Apple RSN must be disabled?

"Update: The Monterey version with Apple RSN disabled works fine on Ventura. Using Apple RSN will trigger a kernel panic."

Edited by Takiller

Hi all.

I installed Ventura with  Big Sur on external disk in OpenCore 8.2 on Coffee Lake Asus Rog Strix-E Gaming i9-9900, but I'm hit with the infamous "A required firmware update could not be installed.".

With the same OC config I successfully boot the USB installer that I created following this https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/324710/install-macos-high-sierra-app-does-not-appear-to-be-a-valid-os-installer-applica since the 11GB download of InstallAssistant.pkg only gives once extracted a 32MB Install application.

I tried MaLdOn's EFIs for Coffee Lake but it resulted with a KP both with the installed disk and the boot key.

Included my config.plist

config copie.plist

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

Absolutely spot on with your Discovery, you have a keen eye Sir. Adding those Entries to ones original config.plist coupled with latest OC version and kexts is golden. I just did a clean install with those changes on my old Monterey config.plist and it was plain sailing, Good news for owners of the GA-Z390 at least. I feel more confident with my rig knowing the files are not too complicated and with a clear understanding why they are there, not to take anything away from @pico joe contribution because he got the ball rolling so to speak.

• Like 6

@eSaF

Thanks for testing and proving my theory right. The original run-efi-updater should have been enough but that's strange why it didn't work on our hacks in the first place. There are some reports that macOS installer (not Ventura) boots into a grey screen which was cause by some settings like prev-lang:kbd and other settings in the NVRAM which could be resolved by removing those setting from the NVRAM.

Now the interesting part is that I did another test without the extra run-efi-updater entries and even with the NVRAM being reset before booting into the installer, the installation went smoothly so if you're up to the task you can test that as well.

For some reason run-efi-updater simply didn't work on our rigs before and now it does.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

the installation went smoothly so if you're up to the task you can test that as well.

Thanks and will do. At this stage the more we learn the rudiments of this new OS X version, will hopefully be of some benefit for the other Betas that will follow this one.

• Like 2

In order to fix my unknown processor what is the number of my i5 9600K?, until Ventura I didn't need to put the number of the processor it was detected automatically...

Or more clearly processor type...

Thanks

Edited by MorenoAv
  • Like 1

Hello!

Just want to report partial success installing Ventura on my H61 Sandy Bridge system with Clover version 5146. Installation went smooth with AvoidRuntimeDefrag (ARD) disabled. I don't need ARD to boot Monterey. The only quirk I need is EnableWriteUnprotector. But it looks like there is an error mounting the boot device.

I hope updated OcRuntime.efi will help. Not sure about AVX2. If it is really required now, there might be a chance that it will not be required later, as we could see at RDRAND instruction. 

• Like 1