[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, PoMpIs said:

@asdesoso On my lenovo, I installed OCLP and the system was loaded... I had to reinstall it, which was to reach the desktop and crash 😆

So, you are saying, that you were able to reach the desktop (Ventura completely installed), and you have installed OCLP, and the system crashed after do that?

Edited by asdesoso
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

??

writing error, for being attending to many things :)

33 minutes ago, asdesoso said:

So, you are saying, that you were able to reach the desktop (Ventura completely installed), and you have installed OCLP, and the system crashed after do that?

yes, when I installed OCLP and restarted, when I returned to the desktop it was stuck, and I couldn't do anything, just turn it off by pressing the power button

• Sad 1

On 6/13/2022 at 12:41 AM, The Tech said:

Any idea why HEVC stops working when using SkylakeInjector kext?

Test with below attached SkylakeInjector (thanks @dhinakg)

HEVC hw accel should be fixed and reporting correctly on SKL now; reverted GVA values back to KBL native, albeit retained the omission of IOGVAXDecode for YouTube playback on Safari (since Skylake does not have VP9 hw decode)

SkylakeInjector.kext.zip

Edited by aben

1 hour ago, aben said:

Test with below attached SkylakeInjector (thanks @dhinakg)

HEVC hw accel should be fixed and reporting correctly on SKL now; reverted GVA values back to KBL native, albeit retained the omission of IOGVAXDecode for YouTube playback on Safari (since Skylake does not have VP9 hw decode)

SkylakeInjector.kext.zip 3.35 kB · 3 downloads

Got it working with SKLAsKBL. But will try this kext soon. Thanks

11 hours ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

So i manged to successfully install and boot into ventura on x99, using the previously mentioned xeon e5 2680 v3 and my gigabyte x99 soc campion. I just need a compatible gpu and it's good to go.

F0EA5368-9A5F-4A89-BAF3-6BEBA88C5245.png

Hi! can you please share your EFI?  I have also a X99 Sistem, and i can,t manage with installation process. sorry for my bad english.

Also when i tried to install i managed to start fresh instalation, but at some point...on minute 12-13 remaining , installation just freze, 

I used Vanilla row image from Olarila. I also tried to make bootable usb from downloaded image with corpnewt/gibMacO, but the terminal gives an error at some point during usb creation.

from wat image you created the USB?  Or, you just Updated your Monterey? 

I also tried to update from monterey, but it gives eror, it can not be updated.

Edited by sygey

4 minutes ago, sygey said:

Hi! can you please share your EFI?  I have also a X99 Sistem, and i can,t manage with installation process. sorry for my bad english.

https://github.com/andrescera/X79-X99-X299-OPENCORE-EFI-CATALINA-BIGSUR i just used this repository as the starting point, then i worked out all the acpi tables, the settings and the kexts needed to make it boot into monterey. For macos ventura i had to update to a new build of open core 0.8.2 that fixed the avoidruntimedefrag quirk not working.

8 hours ago, The Tech said:

Got it working with SKLAsKBL. But will try this kext soon. Thanks

That's strange coz both SKLAsKBL and SkylakeInjector have literally the exact same property values within info.plist with just a mere rename for better purpose-clarity. Without reverting the relevant change you will not see HEVC as enabled + VP9 fix for YouTube (regardless of SKLAsKBL or SkylakeInjector). Are you sure you even added the kext to your config.plist? coz I just tried loading SKLAsKBL from the relevant WEG branch to test your claim and I do not see HEVC status as enabled.

Would you mind performing the same test again with same SKLasKBL from this branch and report back if both HEVC and YouTube on Safari works?

EDIT: SKLAsKBL has now been revised to reflect the relevant change (same as applied to SkylakeInjector provided earlier) to fix HEVC issue on SKL.

7 hours ago, ghost8282 said:

Just for your info, skylake -> kaby lake should have been implemented in this lilu commit in a cleaner way (?):

https://github.com/acidanthera/Lilu/commit/60f0c9e432325524b201e43da21e1102db590343

Injection of codeless kext with SKL fixes (by @dhinakg) is a must for proper spoofing and acceleration on SKL. More info here: https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/pull/101 

Edited by aben
SKLAsKBL updated to fix HEVC
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, sygey said:

I used Vanilla row image from Olarila. I also tried to make bootable usb from downloaded image with corpnewt/gibMacO, but the terminal gives an error at some point during usb creation.

from wat image you created the USB?  Or, you just Updated your Monterey? 

I also tried to update from monterey, but it gives eror, it can not be updated.

so i have made an installer usb using the TINU app that i developed, but if the terminal gives you an error then TINU wont work either, then i have updated oc, the kexts, and the smbios to one compatible with ventura (and i set a firmware version for the smbios that is compatible with ventura, you can do it using open core configurator) and then i booted into the ventura installer, you need the build of oc 0.8.2 that fixes the problem with avoidruntimedefrag. For the installation i have made a clean install on my second ssd, because i don't want to touch my main install i need for work.

Guest 5T33Z0
14 hours ago, ghost8282 said:

I may be wrong, but this commit:

https://github.com/acidanthera/Lilu/commit/f5454c44617a6220eeff3b40b1ae1742a5da13b4

should fix the os.dmg swapping need (?)

I don't know. Although there are mentions of AVX2 in the code, I had to replace the os.dmg file. I did this yesterday with a Lilu build which is newer than the one your link points to. But I still had to replace the file os.dmg to be able to boot on my Ivy Bridge Notebook. The thing is that I don't want to do it all over again just for testing. Especially since the old drivers for the Intel HD 4000 no longer seem to work, or maybe it's just the patcher. Anyway, to much of an effort at this point.

Edited by 5T33Z0

2 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

Especially since the old drivers for the Intel HD 4000 no longer seem to work

Yes, old "patch" wont work, due to changes in the metal stack and removed support.

This is not guaranteed it will work even in the future and if it will work the fix may require months: keep an eye on oclp discussions for updates.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, aben said:

That's strange coz both SKLAsKBL and SkylakeInjector have literally the exact same property values within info.plist with just a mere rename for better purpose-clarity. Without reverting the relevant change you will not see HEVC as enabled + VP9 fix for YouTube (regardless of SKLAsKBL or SkylakeInjector). Are you sure you even added the kext to your config.plist? coz I just tried loading SKLAsKBL from the relevant WEG branch to test your claim and I do not see HEVC status as enabled.

Would you mind performing the same test again with SKLasKBL and report back if both HEVC and YouTube on Safari works ?

Injection of codeless kext with SKL fixes (by @dhinakg) is a must for proper spoofing and acceleration on SKL. More info here: https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/pull/101 

How can I verify my Lilu & WhateverGreen are compatible to these changes ?

My HD 530 seems working at Ventura, but its DP audio not available and HEVC still disabled.

Screen Shot 2022-06-14 at 2.30.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-14 at 2.40.15 PM.png

Guest 5T33Z0

@ghost8282 Thanks for the tip. For me, everything past macOS Catalina doesn't run well on the T530, so there are just no benefits for me of running Ventura on this System. Until now, I maintained the EFI folder and config , so other users can run Big Sur and Monerey on it if they want to. But unless the installation will get easier and the HD 4000 drivers will work, I think I will send the repo into retirement :D

Edited by 5T33Z0

@5T33Z0

I totally agree, this time apple cut too much (and for what reason? only to sell more hardware, because our hardware is still powerful enough), I'm starting to think that monterey could be my latest os for my build, and also considering to not buy anymore any mac, for different reasons...

Edited by ghost8282

37 minutes ago, jsl2000 said:

How can I verify my Lilu & WhateverGreen are compatible to these changes ?

My HD 530 seems working at Ventura, but its DP audio not available and HEVC still disabled.

I'm afraid I won't be able to help with DP-related issues since I have no access to relevant hardware to test, sorry about that.

For HEVC fix, please test with below attached codeless kext + WEG (IMPORTANT: Do ensure corresponding iGPU values are present: AAPL,ig-platform-id and device-id.  Also, DELETE boot-arg: -disablegfxfirmware if present)

HEVC fix_SKL.zip

• Like 3

@jsl2000 Could you please share your EFI folder? I have the same Intel HD Graphics 530, but no matter what I try (SkylakeInjector.kext, change in device properties platform-id/device-id, etc.) I only managed to run the OS with no graphics acceleration.

Thanks in advance.

18 minutes ago, aben said:

I'm afraid I won't be able to help with DP-related issues since I have no access to relevant hardware to test, sorry about that.

For HEVC fix, please test with below attached codeless kext + WEG (IMPORTANT: Do ensure corresponding iGPU values are present: AAPL,ig-platform-id and device-id.  Also, DELETE boot-arg: -disablegfxfirmware if present)

HEVC fix_SKL.zip 402.7 kB · 1 download

Thanks for the latest progress on SKL, and particularly HEVC by using Gen95 (KBL untouched).

Have you tried only removing `IOGVAXDecode` from the KBL kext, while retaining everything untouched?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aben said:

HEVC fix_SKL.zip 402.7 kB · 8 downloads

Thanks for your help and attached files which enable HEVC now !

But DP audio still missing.

Screen Shot 2022-06-14 at 4.57.00 PM.png

1 hour ago, mav96 said:

@jsl2000 Could you please share your EFI folder? I have the same Intel HD Graphics 530, but no matter what I try (SkylakeInjector.kext, change in device properties platform-id/device-id, etc.) I only managed to run the OS with no graphics acceleration.

Thanks in advance.

My config.plist is attached here for your reference. You need the newest OpenCore 0.8.2 from related post in this topic.

https://dortania.github.io/builds/?product=OpenCorePkg&viewall=true

config.plist

Edited by jsl2000

15 minutes ago, Hervé said:

DP audio working on my Skylake Latitude E7270 laptop. I used my usual DP-to-HDMI adapter and TV register against con1 connector which is patched as HDMI type 00080000.

E7270_SKL_DP_audio.jpg

Can you share your config.plist or your patches for DP to HDMI audio ?

14 hours ago, PoMpIs said:

Well, my T430 has done the installation by itself, I have booted with the pendrive and it has installed the system without problems, after once installed, when trying to start the system it gets stuck, I have restarted it and I have booted from the recovery, changed the os.dmg and it has already started, I have configured it as it can because without graphic acceleration the image is very slow, but I have achieved it...

Reveal hidden contents

dFQk0ro.jpg

sZPnnHh.jpg

CQ4LOC1.jpg

Bo0oykC.jpg

TpVcai1.jpg

se8bv1b.png

rsbFz22.png

Now I have tried to pass OCLP, and it has been hung xD

You are right, I reinstalled Ventura on my HP 2570P to see if it can be autonomous, and the answer is yes, I have done the installation and in the last reboot, it gives me a general panic, with a lot of dependencies, due to the lack of AVX 2.0, at this moment, I powered off the laptop, boot Monterey, and replace the os.dmg with M1, and boots up perfectly as you said. Here is the setup assistant working at fresh install.

Thank you very much.

Cheers.

20220614_123233.jpg

• Like 3

@asdesoso 

Yes, until it just installed it goes very well, when it does the last reboot to boot into MacOS Ventura is when it fails, mine doesn't panic, it just hangs.... but when I replace the os.dmg it starts up fine

The hard part will be the HD4000 😰

EDIT: 

You don't even need to start in Monterey, you can boot from recovery and replace the os.dmg...

I don't have any other system in Lenovo than Ventura...

But I have discovered that mine, when rebooting the system several times, there comes a time when it stops working when I get to the desktop, it hangs and I can't just turn it off with the power button

Edited by PoMpIs
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, PMheart said:

Thanks for the latest progress on SKL, and particularly HEVC by using Gen95 (KBL untouched).

Have you tried only removing `IOGVAXDecode` from the KBL kext, while retaining everything untouched?

Yes! That is indeed how I approached the HEVC test - retained all IOGVAxxxx (enc/dec) values from KBL (incl. Gen95) while omitting IOGVAXDecode for VP9 fix :) Works great, no issues seen so far, with HEVC as well.

I believe this rollback should sort out all codec hw acceleration supported on SKL.

Edited by aben
  • Like 1