[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

ok, then my only option could be send my ssd to @Stefanalmare to have a preinstalled image to boot :D

I think asdesoso needs the apfs patch for clover as he is not able to convert it from oc to clover, since you installed in clover, maybe you can share what he has to do to apply that patch in clover.

It's a long time I'm not using clover I can't remember and help for this.

Edited by ghost8282
  • Haha 3

Hi @MaLd0n sorry to ping you directly, I'm searching for a disk image of preinstalled ventura to see if I can boot; I see on your site olarila the thread "macOS 13 Ventura for Virtual Machine": is this torrent (playbook link) a preinstalled disk image?

Thank you

mmm..it seems the installation iso :(

Going hunt for a preinstalled disk image.

Edited by ghost8282

23 hours ago, nyu1985 said:

Here is the EFI I used to install Ventura from Monterey on My Z390 Gaming-e Strix rig.

I updated from software update and I reset twice the nvram before booting into the MacOS Installer.

Once the update has been done, I'm able to use my Monterey EFI again.

EFI.zip 2.94 MB · 16 downloads

A big thank you to you !

I was trying to install Ventura on Rog Strix Z390-E Gaming and was stuck at the infamous required firmware update.

Then I was trying to boot Ventura with the EFI I made and it gave a KP "AppleKeyStoreTest"IMG_2840.thumb.JPG.e7a23920ce6bd2dc6c4b184ce84199c9.JPG. (strange it didn't prevent the installer for working, nor preventing Ventura booting to the update firmware message)

config.plist

3 minutes ago, FrDakota said:

I was trying to install Ventura on Rog Strix Z390-E Gaming and was stuck at the infamous required firmware update.

Take a look at this post you might be able to use your original config if you follow these instructions.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stefanalmare said:

Hi @Stefanalmare My English is too bad, so I don't understand if the Clover Patch is necessary on my Z390. Let me know some explanations. Please.

3 hours ago, eSaF said:

Yea I see you have like a weather icon to the left along with two others I don't recognize??!! This is what mine looks like.

Hide contents

1897698210_ScreenShot2022-06-13at11_21_24.png.3cb76771bbd7c6a1bdfc979549cb386d.png

Yep is a strange icon it says System peripheral: inactive board...

Apparently it does nothing...

Captura de ecrã 2022-06-13, às 14.49.51.png

Edited by MorenoAv

image.png.0f8097644ae2ddba535fa10fb6eaac69.png

Ventura up and running on Alder Lake.  Latest OC + updated Lilu fixes CPU string patching, now reads CPU string directly from the Silicon....  

Edited by dehjomz
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Cyberdevs said:

Take a look at this post you might be able to use your original config if you follow these instructions.

I tried it, unfortunately it didn't change a thing for me.

Edited by FrDakota

so i managed to finally boot into the venura installer on my x99 system using a xeon 2680 v3 and a gigabyte x99 soc champion, all thanks to the new patched build of open core, so far so good, i will later attempt an install on my spare ssd and let you know.

1FEEBD63-DA09-416D-AC2D-98025DDCDB65.thumb.jpeg.7cccf3fe014dc21ff805a5db322db406.jpeg

EE869E86-3710-4018-9EDC-F495501213CD.thumb.jpeg.8e8b692ca85b95149b50f7b01e1f4494.jpeg

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, FrDakota said:

I tried it, unfortunately it didn't change a thing for me.

Do you have any other EFI partition containing OC on your rig? Or do you boot form USB with OC in the EFI partition?

2 hours ago, Stefanalmare said:

With your bootable Monterey EFI, apply the steps from my post and your good to go.

Finally, my Ivy Laptop is running Ventura! Thank you very much.

WiFi, BT, ACPI, Audio, Ethernet, all is working, except the HD4000.

Cheers.

20220613_170110.jpg

Edited by asdesoso
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Stefanalmare said:

Could you please help me which steps I should follow, I have Sandy bridge with i7-3820. Passed through installation steps and stumbled at kernel panics.

DSC_0001.JPG