[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, MorenoAv said:

Yep is a strange icon it says System peripheral: inactive board...

Apparently it does nothing...

Does nothing for the time being?, Don't forget it is first Beta.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

No, just with OCLP. Doesn't work. Try cris1111 tool and report.

I tried a few seconds ago, the installation of the patch went fine without any problems as Monterey, but after reboot, sadly there isn´t QE/CI and Metal working, Graphics>Display, say no kexts are loaded.

Cheers.

• Sad 2

11 minutes ago, dogansan said:

Sandy bridge

No way to complete installation at the time of writing, either you need a second pc with Ivy Bridge+ cpu or (I think) boot from a preinstalled disk: find somewhere a cloned image, restore it to your disk and boot the preinstalled system with the Preboot volume hack (booting preinstalled image had to be tested yet, cannot find anywhere to download one and test).

Edited by ghost8282
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Cyberdevs said:

Do you have any other EFI partition containing OC on your rig? Or do you boot form USB with OC in the EFI partition?

Both but each time I chose by tapping F8 on PC boot to start on the right disk with the right EFI partition.

But I also tried only with the Ventura disk.

On 6/12/2022 at 2:46 PM, ghost8282 said:

I'm interested in this, were you able to get to the language selector?

No. First boot of installed system fails. I'm not going to mess around with installation files. If Apple will not remove the need for AVX2, as Apple did with RDRAND in 12.3 beta (instruction is missing on Sandy Bridge), then I will stay with Monterey. Personally I think Apple is careless with compiler flags on some betas. Apple is very hackintosh friendly and I don't think they will introduce the need for some old Intel instructions just before Intel get's abandoned.

58 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

With the latest OC (commit: bfa3697) update and kext update (specially Lilu.kext), now About This Mac can shows the custom CPU info I have in my config instead of "24-Core Intel Xeon W"

Yes I concur.

Spoiler

1825464797_ScreenShot2022-06-13at17_31_36.png.c6a68854281b7007dc111f13d4bb69c0.png

• Like 5

1 minute ago, MorenoAv said:

@eSaF, do you happen to have Propertree working?

Sorry Pal I haven't used it in a long time, I use OCAT and periodically PlistEdit Pro to cross check the entries.

• Thanks 1

Guest 5T33Z0

I actually did it. Got Ventura running on my Lenovo T530 (Ivy Bridge) ;) 

• Installed Ventura on an extra disk on my Desktop
  • Added one patch to the config
  • Followed the Guide on MacRumors to replace the os.dmg file on the Preboot Volume in Recovery via Terminal
  • Restarted and it worked instantly the first time 

image.png.f88b7aeff63f7e14328511b3fa4e3eb2.png

No Acceleration. Intel HD4000 Patcher Installation went through but no change after rebooting. @chris1111

Edited by 5T33Z0

So i manged to successfully install and boot into ventura on x99, using the previously mentioned xeon e5 2680 v3 and my gigabyte x99 soc campion. I just need a compatible gpu and it's good to go.

F0EA5368-9A5F-4A89-BAF3-6BEBA88C5245.png

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

@BALDY_MAN @MaLd0n

With the latest OC (commit: bfa3697) update and kext update (specially Lilu.kext), now About This Mac can shows the custom CPU info I have in my config instead of "24-Core Intel Xeon W"

Before:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png

After:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png

Can upload these versions please ?

1 hour ago, 5T33Z0 said:

I actually did it. Got Ventura running on my Lenovo T530 (Ivy Bridge) ;) 

• Installed Ventura on an extra disk on my Desktop
  • Added one patch to the config
  • Followed the Guide on MacRumors to replace the os.dmg file on the Preboot Volume in Recovery via Terminal
  • Restarted and it worked instantly the first time 

image.png.f88b7aeff63f7e14328511b3fa4e3eb2.png

No Acceleration. Intel HD4000 Patcher Installation went through but no change after rebooting. @chris1111

Currently it is not possible to fully enable the intel hd 4xxx and 5xxx cards. Ventura does not support them, we hope that in the future someone can find a solution, for now I think it is soon for this ..

• Like 1

Well, my T430 has done the installation by itself, I have booted with the pendrive and it has installed the system without problems, after once installed, when trying to start the system it gets stuck, I have restarted it and I have booted from the recovery, changed the os.dmg and it has already started, I have configured it as it can because without graphic acceleration the image is very slow, but I have achieved it...

dFQk0ro.jpg

sZPnnHh.jpg

CQ4LOC1.jpg

Bo0oykC.jpg

TpVcai1.jpg

se8bv1b.png

rsbFz22.png

Now I have tried to pass OCLP, and it has been hung xD

@Cyberdevs _ Hi now that my sanity has returned to some normalcy, I ran the second test you invited me to try by removing 'run-efi-updated' from under 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14 and

7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 which led us to believe that was the key to installing Ventura.

Again I have to say you was correct in your findings. I removed those two entries from the config.plist, rebooted, cleaned the NvRAM twice and done a clean install on a Test Disk. It installed without the nag message and booted right into Ventura after the three reboots.

So basically there was no reason to do anything with our original working Monterey EFI Folder apart from updating to the latest OC files and kexts. I am at a lost why my original EFI Folder should now work whereas before it wouldn't.

Any thoughts? Because I have none. 

Spoiler

1309309562_ScreenShot2022-06-13at21_12_32.png.8b2b906a1209eb9d23fdf557a4b2eb56.png1355558761_ScreenShot2022-06-13at21_11_26.png.4032b767f2361d5ed2f23e4c45998e4d.png

• Like 2

@eSaF

I think it's the combination of several factors.

The OC+kexts update and specially enabling the AvoidRuntimeDefrag clearly plays the biggest role but I do believe the run-efi-update wasn't working properly at first, so adding the extra entries must have fixed it and since everything was updated (SMBIOS Settings to be more precise) must have fixed the firmware update issue.

I guess we can test this theory by using our previous EFI folder which lead to the error to make sure if my speculations are correct.

I guess I still have my EFI backup for Monterey and I will conduct another test in couple of days when I have the time to see what's what :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Cyberdevs said:

@eSaF

I think it's the combination of several factors.

The OC+kexts update and specially enabling the AvoidRuntimeDefrag clearly plays the biggest role but I do believe the run-efi-update wasn't working properly at first, so adding the extra entries must have fixed it and since everything was updated (SMBIOS Settings to be more precise) must have fixed the firmware update issue.

I guess we can test this theory by using our previous EFI folder which lead to the error to make sure if my speculations are correct.

I guess I still have my EFI backup for Monterey and I will conduct another test in couple of days when I have the time to see what's what :D

Ok - I kept the settings as my original Monterey ones but like you said, I kept a copy with those entries just incase.

53 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Ok - I kept the settings as my original Monterey ones but like you said, I kept a copy with those entries just incase.

What I mean is the original EFI folder without those extra entries, we can also create another topic or take this discussion to PM just to avoid cluttering this topic and once we come to a final conclusion we can post our findings here or to a new topic specially related to the firmware issue.

Feel free to PM me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, PoMpIs said:

Well, my T430 has done the installation by itself, I have booted with the pendrive and it has installed the system without problems, after once installed, when trying to start the system it gets stuck, I have restarted it and I have booted from the recovery, changed the os.dmg and it has already started, I have configured it as it can because without graphic acceleration the image is very slow, but I have achieved it...

Reveal hidden contents

dFQk0ro.jpg

sZPnnHh.jpg

CQ4LOC1.jpg

Bo0oykC.jpg

TpVcai1.jpg

se8bv1b.png

rsbFz22.png

Now I have tried to pass OCLP, and it has been hung xD

Exactly, in my HP 2570P the installation went done by itself, I noticed that, because there was a complete filesystem of Ventura installed into the SSD, but I didn´t know that apart to replace os.dmg is needed also to patch APFS to disable root_hash validation.

Maybe tomorrow, I will try this, reinstall Ventura and replace os.dmg when it is completely installed, and try what happens, but this time with APFS patch "disable root_hash validation".

Cheers.

2 hours ago, chris1111 said:

I try to test some thing but without success 

The installation of your patch went fine, without any problems, as Monterey, but sadly after reboot the HD 4000 isn´t working.

• Like 1