[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, rubenpp said:

@eSaF I did those as well. I took a video and took a screenshot of the failure before it executed a reboot and unmounted the all the disk .  This was a far as I got.image.thumb.png.64460532c8ac459317906ea277134aed.png

I had the exact same issue... it turned out to be a few quirks I had set the wrong way in my config.plist...I've fixed it and got it working now.. Do the following:

1. Update all necessary kexts and OpenCore to latest version from https://dortania.github.io/builds/

2.   Backup your config.plist

3. Open your config.plist with OpenCore Configurator and use the config checker from the tools menu to check your configuration for your specific platform.

3. Make the recommended changes to you config plist and save, pay special attention in the suggested changes for the quirks.

4. Save your updated configuration and reboot.

5. If you are upgrading from an existing Monterey install, boot into Monterey and run the upgrade process again, if you're installing from USB boot with it and you should be good.

This worked for me to solve the issue.

Good luck,

Dragster.

• Like 1

With the help of @Maldon my old Haswell is flying. Everything seems very fast and snappy compared to Monterey, except that the menu bar only shows siri, installed apps and spotlight. All others are missing even if it is enabled. How to fix this?

6 hours ago, rubenpp said:

Many thanks for your help , unfortunately I still got same results.

Unfortunately until you sort out the correct files and kexts your system actually needs, there is not much anyone can do to help. I don't believe you need all those there, I suggest you find an already constructed and running Monterey/or other OS X  installed EFI Folder with near enough specs as your rig and we can work from there.

With your current setup can you boot any OS X version i.e Monterey or Big Sur and reach the Desktop? Which I think is highly unlikely judging by your files. Meanwhile I will look around and see if I can find a working EFI Folder for you.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MorenoAv said:

I solved my unknown processor, and now my hack is an IMac 27'' from 2020...

but now I have this msg in my OpenCore at boot. - OC: setting 401FDA02-30C7-4A6A-4BCCA8830102:boot-path = PciRoot (0x0) / Pic (0x17, 0x0) /Sata(0x1,0xFFFF,0x0) /HD(1,GPT, E23C0A56-4636-4E4D-9E63-AFE5FB37E781,0x28,0x64000) /EFI\OC\OpenCore.efi - Invalid Parameter.

How do i solve this?

Propertree doesn't work in Ventura, and anyone knows how to bypass the gatekeeper?

Thank you

Hi @MorenoAv  How do you solved unknown processor !

@rubenpp Here you are - Try this EFI Folder (attached) it is from a machine with the same specs as your own and is running Monterey and BS. I have updated OC to the latest version as well as all the kexts. Clean the NvRAM, put this on a test USB Drive and see if any progress is made. Good luck.

EFI.zip

• Like 3

Today I had the opportunity to use the new macOS 13 called Ventura haha every time I hear the name I remember the ACE VENTURA movie. To be the first beta I see it too well. Everything works properly I have Wi-Fi with the Fervi, I rest the usb and the mapping has not had to be modified. Fast start just like Monterey. What I don't like at all is the new control panel or system preference, it reminds me of the windows one, it's not as intuitive as the other systems, I hope they change it. What does not work well for me is the cable network I have the kext "RealtekRTL8111.kext" it has been impossible for me since Ventura to send this post. Another thing and it could be because of the network it doesn't work properly either hackintool doesn't show the opencore version or the installed kext version. Remember that in order to install ventura it is necessary to have iMac imac18.1 or higher, opencore beta 082 the latest version and kext. My team is the one that gave gerra the 300 series waiting for the beta2 let's cross our fingers

Captura de Pantalla 2022-06-13 a las 9.48.28.png

Captura de Pantalla 2022-06-13 a las 9.56.36.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cyberdevs said:

This is off-topic but:

I made a bunch of them into few apps that are in my signature and they are also available in the Download/Apps section.

Mac Tweaks link gives to me a 404 error.

2 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

@miliuco

Yes I saw that, I edited your post to avoid confusion in future.

Thank you!!!

• Like 1

Thanks to all for the help you gave me, all my issues are solved, now I'm at work and I installed macOS Ventura in my Mac mini 2018, and today I discovered that it has an icon that my hack doesn't, do you have that icon in your hacks?

Captura de ecrã 2022-06-13, às 10.42.57.png

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

I discovered that it has an icon that my hack doesn't, do you have that icon in your hacks?

Yea I see you have like a weather icon to the left along with two others I don't recognize??!! This is what mine looks like.

Spoiler

1897698210_ScreenShot2022-06-13at11_21_24.png.3cb76771bbd7c6a1bdfc979549cb386d.png

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ghost8282 said:

I suppose that this patch is only for OC, not for Clover, so I can´t apply them in my Ivy´s Clover EFI, but I tried to do with OC, and after do that, it reboots after select any volume of macOS I tried Monterey and Ventura, and in both it reboots very quickly.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2022 at 5:57 AM, Gravarty said:

Has someone found out how fix the menu bar bug? I only have Spotlight and everything else is missing.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-06-12 um 00.56.58.png

Update your wifi kext to enable wifi, which is needed for detecting location leading to time service crash.