[pre-release] macOS Ventura

1,307 posts in this topic

Here's my attempt. Dell Latitude 7490 - details in signature. Everything went smooth with the installation. OC 0.7.8. WEG updated + boot flag -lilubetaall + AvoidRuntimeDefrag=False.

Graphics -

Sound -  (HDMI audio working)

Wifi/BT - (BCM94360NG)

Ethernet -

USB3 -

Touchpad/Trackpad/Gestures -

Camera -

Brightness/Volume buttons -

Sensors - x (only ssd/hdd temp)

Sleep/Wake - ? - As I load the OS from a crappy retired external WD Black 500GB HDD 2.5" I cannot say if it's working or not. System went to sleep and wake to black screen. I don't have spare nvme ssd to try booting from internal drive.

Thunderbolt - not tested

I got couple of system freezes, surely needs tweaks and proper OC config but so far so good. System looks nice and I will update to Ventura as my daily driver (currently Monterey 12.4) when a stable version is released. 

PS - Still don't have luck with my other system - HP ProDesk 400 G5 Mini (details in signature). Always stuck on "AppleKeyStoreTest" no matter what I try. Any help is appreciated.Currently working perfectly under Monterey 12.4.

Ventura Test.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

Yes i didn't touch your config at all :D

I just wanted to see if it works and it did :D

So, this is interesting! Maybe the Devs can take a look. You installed Ventura in a Skylake rig with a modified z390 DMAR. Strange!

Edited by Stefanalmare
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, asdesoso said:

It could be related to USBPorts.kext or XHCILimit, try to change it.

Thank you! When I plug my keyboard to USB 2.0 It actually works, only USB 3.0 won't work. Now my installation is complete. I don't have internet, but I guess I need to put some kext for my system. And no graphic acceleration for my HD 4400 but that's what it is for now, hope for some fix in the future!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

So, this is interesting! Maybe the Devs can take a look. You installed Ventura in a Skylake rig with a modified z390 DRAM. Strange!

Yeah it is strange, I wish I would have tested my own Z690 EFI (I didn't think it would work of course so I didn't bother) it would have saved me a day of trying different combinations of settings lol.

1 hour ago, The Tech said:

@PMheart With the latest WEG, the Spoofing SKL to KBL works and acceleration is available. However, the KBL kexts isn't showing loaded in System Report>Software>Extensions. On Desktop, it simply hangs. Checked using SkylakeInjector kext too. The situation is same, regardless of Ventura. Should you need any information further, let me know.

Thanks

IT labtop or desktop?

Yeah thanks to all the Devs for their hard work and their efforts and everyone in the community the helps other.

Cheers all!

and @Stefanalmare I'm a bit confused, I don't know this works but it does!

image.png

• Like 10

@Stefanalmare

Yes that's my KabyLake rig.

But hang on a second! something stupid is happening, I guess I accidentally merged your EFI folder with the one that @pico joe posted and weird thing is that I don't know how I merged them i must have selected merge instead of replacing the existing EFI folder.

I need to do a clean install with each of your EFI folders separately and see what's what!

I've been at it since this morning and I'm totally confused and tired and my brain is glitching! :hysterical::hysterical:

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, The Tech said:

@PMheart With the latest WEG, the Spoofing SKL to KBL works and acceleration is available. However, the KBL kexts isn't showing loaded in System Report>Software>Extensions. On Desktop, it simply hangs. Checked using SkylakeInjector kext too. The situation is same, regardless of Ventura. Should you need any information further, let me know.

Thanks

Hello! Thanks for your report. I heard that System Report was somewhat broken, so it shows nothing loaded? As long as you have accelerations, it should be fine. You should try whether you are able to play videos on YouTube with Safari.

For your desktop setup, it is hard to tell what happened without further details; however it could be due to wrong choice of ig-platform-id.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, v-volodi said:

IT labtop or desktop?

Laptop works, Desktop fails to boot even on Big Sur and Monterey. 

12 minutes ago, PMheart said:

Hello! Thanks for your report. I heard that System Report was somewhat broken, so it shows nothing loaded? As long as you have accelerations, it should be fine. You should try whether you are able to play videos on YouTube with Safari.

For your desktop setup, it is hard to tell what happened without further details; however it could be due to wrong choice of ig-platform-id.

You're welcome. Thank you for your findings! It's great. This community knows and respects your work since a long time! 

Yes, that's correct. Please find the image attached below. If we're faking to KBL, the KBL kexts should load. Isn't it? I have not checked with the videos yet. Will check and report soon. 

For Desktop, with the SKL Device Properties, the system works fine with Big Sur and Monterey, with full acceleration. It's 6500. But if i fake it to KBL, it stops booting, regardless of the macOS version i use. So, maybe on Desktops, it doesn't loads? I also tried MBP SMBIOS and it fails to boot.

image.png.6299e12ccb62a6f6ab883eca22a6e5af.png

Edited by The Tech

DRUM ROLL Please - 'Ladies and Gentlemen, we got him' (historic words and quite apt). Seriously thanks to the tireless efforts of the OC Devs making it possible and a big thank you to @Cyberdevs and @pico joe for sharing the Folder that saved my sanity. Bigups to fellow members that offer up help along the way, much appreciated, if you guys were nearby, I'd smother you all with kisses. :lol: :thumbsup_anim: The wife is happy, it's socks again this year.

Now please excuse me while I have a play with my new toy.

Screen Shot 2022-06-11 at 20.32.01.png

• Like 9
  • Haha 5

Hi there! I have been trying to get macOS Ventura working on my machine to no avail. 'been following the thread but it seems no one has the same issue I have. 

Same error trying to install from USB and from macOS upgrade from a fresh Monterey install... 

Screenshot showing the error and EFI attached. This is happening on Dell laptop as per signature.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!

20220611_132912.jpg

EFI.zip

Edited by Dragster27

14 minutes ago, Dragster27 said:

Hi there! I have been trying to get macOS Ventura working on my machine to no avail. 'been following the thread but it seems no one has the same issue I have. 

Same error trying to install from USB and from macOS upgrade from a fresh Monterey install... 

Screenshot showing the error and EFI attached. This is happening on Dell laptop as per signature.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!

20220611_132912.jpg

EFI.zip 2.16 MB · 0 downloads

Read the last 2 pages.

Edited by Stefanalmare

1 hour ago, The Tech said:

Laptop works, Desktop fails to boot even on Big Sur and Monterey. 

You're welcome. Thank you for your findings! It's great. This community knows and respects your work since a long time! 

Yes, that's correct. Please find the image attached below. If we're faking to KBL, the KBL kexts should load. Isn't it? I have not checked with the videos yet. Will check and report soon. 

For Desktop, with the SKL Device Properties, the system works fine with Big Sur and Monterey, with full acceleration. It's 6500. But if i fake it to KBL, it stops booting, regardless of the macOS version i use. So, maybe on Desktops, it doesn't loads? I also tried MBP SMBIOS and it fails to boot.

image.png.6299e12ccb62a6f6ab883eca22a6e5af.png

How do you fake as KBL? I think you only need KBL device-id and ig-platform-id.

8 minutes ago, PMheart said:

How do you fake as KBL? I think you only need KBL device-id and ig-platform-id.

Yes, of course. Did that only. But Desktop doesn't boots with KBL device-id and ig-platform-id. 

Also, do we still need to use SkylakeInjector kext? The acceleration regardless of the injector kext. However, when booting to the installer, with the kext injected, the installer fails to boot.

Edited by The Tech

35 minutes ago, eSaF said:

DRUM ROLL Please - 'Ladies and Gentlemen, we got him' (historic words and quite apt). Seriously thanks to the tireless efforts of the OC Devs making it possible and a big thank you to @Cyberdevs and @pico joe for sharing the Folder that saved my sanity. Bigups to fellow members that offer up help along the way, much appreciated, if you guys were nearby, I'd smother you all with kisses. :lol: :thumbsup_anim: The wife is happy, it's socks again this year.

Now please excuse me while I have a play with my new toy.

Screen Shot 2022-06-11 at 20.32.01.png

Sorry I'm late, but I happily see you've solved it :thumbsup_anim:

However my config is the same as always ... only OC and Kext updated to the latest commits
If he can help others too, here he is  config.plist.zip

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3