[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

@Stefanalmare

Yes that's my KabyLake rig.

But hang on a second! something stupid is happening, I guess I accidentally merged your EFI folder with the one that @pico joe posted and weird thing is that I don't know how I merged them i must have selected merge instead of replacing the existing EFI folder.

I need to do a clean install with each of your EFI folders separately and see what's what!

I've been at it since this morning and I'm totally confused and tired and my brain is glitching! :hysterical::hysterical:

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, The Tech said:

@PMheart With the latest WEG, the Spoofing SKL to KBL works and acceleration is available. However, the KBL kexts isn't showing loaded in System Report>Software>Extensions. On Desktop, it simply hangs. Checked using SkylakeInjector kext too. The situation is same, regardless of Ventura. Should you need any information further, let me know.

Thanks

Hello! Thanks for your report. I heard that System Report was somewhat broken, so it shows nothing loaded? As long as you have accelerations, it should be fine. You should try whether you are able to play videos on YouTube with Safari.

For your desktop setup, it is hard to tell what happened without further details; however it could be due to wrong choice of ig-platform-id.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, v-volodi said:

IT labtop or desktop?

Laptop works, Desktop fails to boot even on Big Sur and Monterey. 

12 minutes ago, PMheart said:

Hello! Thanks for your report. I heard that System Report was somewhat broken, so it shows nothing loaded? As long as you have accelerations, it should be fine. You should try whether you are able to play videos on YouTube with Safari.

For your desktop setup, it is hard to tell what happened without further details; however it could be due to wrong choice of ig-platform-id.

You're welcome. Thank you for your findings! It's great. This community knows and respects your work since a long time! 

Yes, that's correct. Please find the image attached below. If we're faking to KBL, the KBL kexts should load. Isn't it? I have not checked with the videos yet. Will check and report soon. 

For Desktop, with the SKL Device Properties, the system works fine with Big Sur and Monterey, with full acceleration. It's 6500. But if i fake it to KBL, it stops booting, regardless of the macOS version i use. So, maybe on Desktops, it doesn't loads? I also tried MBP SMBIOS and it fails to boot.

image.png.6299e12ccb62a6f6ab883eca22a6e5af.png

Edited by The Tech

DRUM ROLL Please - 'Ladies and Gentlemen, we got him' (historic words and quite apt). Seriously thanks to the tireless efforts of the OC Devs making it possible and a big thank you to @Cyberdevs and @pico joe for sharing the Folder that saved my sanity. Bigups to fellow members that offer up help along the way, much appreciated, if you guys were nearby, I'd smother you all with kisses. :lol: :thumbsup_anim: The wife is happy, it's socks again this year.

Now please excuse me while I have a play with my new toy.

Screen Shot 2022-06-11 at 20.32.01.png

• Like 9
  • Haha 5

Hi there! I have been trying to get macOS Ventura working on my machine to no avail. 'been following the thread but it seems no one has the same issue I have. 

Same error trying to install from USB and from macOS upgrade from a fresh Monterey install... 

Screenshot showing the error and EFI attached. This is happening on Dell laptop as per signature.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!

20220611_132912.jpg

EFI.zip

Edited by Dragster27

14 minutes ago, Dragster27 said:

Hi there! I have been trying to get macOS Ventura working on my machine to no avail. 'been following the thread but it seems no one has the same issue I have. 

Same error trying to install from USB and from macOS upgrade from a fresh Monterey install... 

Screenshot showing the error and EFI attached. This is happening on Dell laptop as per signature.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!

20220611_132912.jpg

EFI.zip 2.16 MB · 0 downloads

Read the last 2 pages.

Edited by Stefanalmare

1 hour ago, The Tech said:

Laptop works, Desktop fails to boot even on Big Sur and Monterey. 

You're welcome. Thank you for your findings! It's great. This community knows and respects your work since a long time! 

Yes, that's correct. Please find the image attached below. If we're faking to KBL, the KBL kexts should load. Isn't it? I have not checked with the videos yet. Will check and report soon. 

For Desktop, with the SKL Device Properties, the system works fine with Big Sur and Monterey, with full acceleration. It's 6500. But if i fake it to KBL, it stops booting, regardless of the macOS version i use. So, maybe on Desktops, it doesn't loads? I also tried MBP SMBIOS and it fails to boot.

image.png.6299e12ccb62a6f6ab883eca22a6e5af.png

How do you fake as KBL? I think you only need KBL device-id and ig-platform-id.

8 minutes ago, PMheart said:

How do you fake as KBL? I think you only need KBL device-id and ig-platform-id.

Yes, of course. Did that only. But Desktop doesn't boots with KBL device-id and ig-platform-id. 

Also, do we still need to use SkylakeInjector kext? The acceleration regardless of the injector kext. However, when booting to the installer, with the kext injected, the installer fails to boot.

Edited by The Tech

35 minutes ago, eSaF said:

DRUM ROLL Please - 'Ladies and Gentlemen, we got him' (historic words and quite apt). Seriously thanks to the tireless efforts of the OC Devs making it possible and a big thank you to @Cyberdevs and @pico joe for sharing the Folder that saved my sanity. Bigups to fellow members that offer up help along the way, much appreciated, if you guys were nearby, I'd smother you all with kisses. :lol: :thumbsup_anim: The wife is happy, it's socks again this year.

Now please excuse me while I have a play with my new toy.

Screen Shot 2022-06-11 at 20.32.01.png

Sorry I'm late, but I happily see you've solved it :thumbsup_anim:

However my config is the same as always ... only OC and Kext updated to the latest commits
If he can help others too, here he is  config.plist.zip

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, The Tech said:

Yes, of course. Did that only. But Desktop doesn't boots with KBL device-id and ig-platform-id. 

Also, do we still need to use SkylakeInjector kext? The acceleration regardless of the injector kext. However, when booting to the installer, with the kext injected, the installer fails to boot.

Yes, you do need this injector, otherwise you may have some problems (e.g. with YouTube video playback, sleep/wake issues, etc.).

Installer failure sounds fun. I will try taking a look at it; for now I don’t know what is going on. Sorry.

18 minutes ago, PMheart said:

Yes, you do need this injector, otherwise you may have some problems (e.g. with YouTube video playback, sleep/wake issues, etc.).

Installer failure sounds fun. I will try taking a look at it; for now I don’t know what is going on. Sorry.

Okay. For the installer failure, with the injector disabled, it boots fine. However, after installation, when enabling it, doesn't cause any issues. 

For Desktop HD 530, no idea why it does not boots with KBL device-id and ig-platform id.

Thank you for your help!

@ANONIMNIQ @asdesoso

I have successfully installed the macOS Ventura on the computer is able to boot. I will wait for few more weeks till the graphics drivers are updated properly. 

Sound is working properly 

• Like 3

@Irish_Man

Do you have SMBIOS model or serial numbers in your config.plist?

@Stefanalmare

Thank you so much for your EFI.

I have finally been able to start Ventura. It is the first EFI folder that has worked well on my system.

I have been surprised by the large number of SSDTs that you have, some are unknown to me but the fact is that it has worked well. I have used it untouched (only serial numbers).
Thank you again!!!

And most of all thanks to the OpenCore team whose work allows this to happen.

Spoiler

ventura.thumb.png.de3ad3836aa1768d4c8f7b2292757e47.png

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, miliuco said:

I have finally been able to start Ventura.

Well-done Bro, yes I'm slightly perplexed by the number of strange files but hey it works. I need to find out what these files are.

• Like 3