[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

Here is my EFI for HP ProBook 4540s. Take a look especially at Booter->Patch and Kernel->Patch, if you want to have unsupported SMBIOS's with Ventura. I have 6 rigs working like a charm with unsupported SMBIOS's.

EFI.zip 6.04 MB · 0 downloads

yeah!! This is what I need to learn :w00t:

Thanks a lot!!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, PoMpIs said:

@Stefanalmare.     

Now I really like her much more .... now she is with her perfect smbios .... (I have also copied the patch of the HD4000😁)

1061477043_Capturadepantalla2022-10-13alas10_42_18.thumb.png.f724e4bfd0b76f326915171603ea65a6.png

I'm going to put my usual serial and it will work

Thank you very very much 🤗

Bien hecho! For the HD4000 patch you should say thanx to @Rehabman. But take care, the patch is for Probook 45x0s series. The output (HDMI, DP, VGA) can work or not in your case.

Edited by Stefanalmare
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stefanalmare said:

Here is my EFI for HP ProBook 4540s. I gave you this EFI, because you want it for a laptop. Take a look especially at Booter->Patch and Kernel->Patch, if you want to have unsupported SMBIOS's with Ventura. I have 6 rigs working like a charm with unsupported SMBIOS's.

I think you have in config.plist some of the patches that OCLP applies, as if you had taken them from OCLP (which applies them transparently to the user) and pasted them into config.plist. Is that so? Is this the way you can have SMBIOS not supported by Ventura?

1 hour ago, Stefanalmare said:

Bien hecho! For the HD4000 patch you should say thanx to @Rehabman. But take care, the patch is for Probook 45x0s series. The output (HDMI, DP, VGA) can work or not in your case.

I'm not worried about the HD4000... I don't usually use an external screen, although I like that it works, I have to try but I can't find the mini-DP to HDMI adapter, this laptop only has mini-DP and VGA output, and VGA output I don't interested

But thank you all very much for making this possible 🙇‍♂️, I did not imagine that Ventura could work on this laptop 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, miliuco said:

I think you have in config.plist some of the patches that OCLP applies, as if you had taken them from OCLP (which applies them transparently to the user) and pasted them into config.plist. Is that so? Is this the way you can have SMBIOS not supported by Ventura?

I use those patches from a long time ago. This can be interesting for a lot of people:

https://github.com/5T33Z0/OC-Little-Translated

I found patches in a web site where I saw the link above.

Thx: @5T33Z0

• Like 6

@Stefanalmare

OC Little Translated has this text:

"I had a look at the config.plist included in OCLP, copied the relevant patches Booter and Kernel patches (and a few others) into my config and tested them. The attached plist contains the patches."

It's in the 09_Board-ID_VMM-Spoof section. So, at least some patches are extracted from OCLP. Looking at your config.plist, the patches reminded me of the OCLP ones.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stefanalmare said:

İşte HP ProBook 4540'lar için EFI'm. Sana bu EFI'yi verdim çünkü onu bir dizüstü bilgisayar için istiyorsun. Ventura ile desteklenmeyen SMBIOS'lara sahip olmak istiyorsanız özellikle Booter->Patch ve Kernel->Patch'e bir göz atın. Desteklenmeyen SMBIOS'larla bir cazibe gibi çalışan 6 teçhizatım var.

EFI.zip 6.04 MB · 7 indirme

@Stefanalmare thank you for the efi..

I completed the installation and tried many smbios

but the apple logo never appeared

black screen then gray screen

please help me...

config.plist

23 minutes ago, ruslan61 said:

@Stefanalmare thank you for the efi..

I completed the installation and tried many smbios

but the apple logo never appeared

black screen then gray screen

please help me...

config.plist 43.74 kB · 0 downloads

That EFI is for a laptop, it will probably change with respect to a desktop... I say this in case you are using it on the computer of your signature.

@Stefanalmare  The sleep mode does not work for me, well it works but it never wakes up 😆, not even with the power button... 

Does it work for you?

8 minutes ago, miliuco said:

@Stefanalmare

OC Little Translated has this text:

"I had a look at the config.plist included in OCLP, copied the relevant patches Booter and Kernel patches (and a few others) into my config and tested them. The attached plist contains the patches."

It's in the 09_Board-ID_VMM-Spoof section. So, at least some patches are extracted from OCLP. Looking at your config.plist, the patches reminded me of the OCLP ones.

You asked me where I found this patches. I answered. The original sources, I don't know.

8 minutes ago, PoMpIs said:

That EFI is for a laptop, it will probably change with respect to a desktop... I say this in case you are using it on the computer of your signature.

@Stefanalmare  The sleep mode does not work for me, well it works but it never wakes up 😆, not even with the power button... 

Does it work for you?

I already gave him a working EFI for his mobo (I have one rig functional with Ventura inside, with this very motherboard). He don't know to adapt it for his hardware. I can't do more.
Yes sleep works, but because of laptop specific, it wake just from button.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

You asked me where I found this patches. I answered. The original sources, I don't know.

Sorry if I disturbed you, it was not my intention. I was only moved by curiosity to know the origin of things. OC Little is a very useful site. And OCLP is a derivative of OC with a gigantic work behind it. I follow them both and learn from them. You often help others. Maybe my English is not the best possible.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PoMpIs said:

O EFI laptop için, masaüstüne göre büyük ihtimalle değişecektir... İmzanızın bilgisayarında kullanıyorsanız diye söylüyorum.

@Stefanalmare  Uyku modu bende çalışmıyor, iyi çalışıyor ama hiç uyanmıyor 😆 , güç düğmesiyle bile... 

Senin için çalışıyor mu?

yes i know my pc desktop

I've been dealing with it for about 4 months.

I thought knowledgeable people would help.

thanks...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ruslan61 said:

@Stefanalmare

我尝试了你的efi,它打开了,但不幸的是它停留在黑屏上。😒

我不知道我做错了哪里?

bios PEG中的 igpu 设置,支持英特尔 hd4000 (64MHz),即使在蒙特雷 12.6 中,它也使用 rx560 启动。

我的BIOS设置还可以,我更改了hdmi端口,我等了半个小时,苹果标志没有出现。

谢谢你的帮助好人

boot-args:-V -X 

safe mode

• Like 2

I manage to install Ventura in my Surface Pro 3, working as expected. Unfortunately I was not able to accelerate the HD4400 even with OCLP5, everytime I apply that causes the system to stop booting.

Any tips that I could try, would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Paulo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, analise said:

I manage to install Ventura in my Surface Pro 3, working as expected. Unfortunately I was not able to accelerate the HD4400 even with OCLP5, everytime I apply that causes the system to stop booting.

Any tips that I could try, would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Paulo

I have a laptop Asus with Ventura installed and working well, with HD4400:

Spoiler

1.thumb.png.c30fc11d4bc798b1de9f1904ba556a6a.png

And my settings for HD4400 are:

Spoiler

2.thumb.png.fe2926f0fbdf55da337e770fe0e4dca2.png

Edited by Stefanalmare
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

I have an laptop Asus with Ventura installed and working well, with HD4400:

Reveal hidden contents

1.thumb.png.c30fc11d4bc798b1de9f1904ba556a6a.png

And my settings for HD4400 are:

Hide contents

2.thumb.png.fe2926f0fbdf55da337e770fe0e4dca2.png

Thanks Stefanalmare, I don't have all those settings I will try it and report back.

On 10/10/2022 at 5:54 PM, Stefanalmare said:

It is a known issue XPCM fails on Ventura Ivy Bridge. OCPL devs are working on this. The solution given here (https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/commit/964697a2c11f3f9c1ff6f0aa6919ba82200f1720) for sure need some SMBIOS's and patches. I haven't discovered yet. I have 4 Ivy's rigs I'm playing with, 3 desktop and 1 laptop, All 3 desktop have XPCM enable, laptop don't.

About Ventura, Ivy Bridge, Power Management, XPCM: I made a mistake in the laptop configuration. All Ivy's I own are having XPCM and Power Management working.

10 minutes ago, analise said:

Thanks Stefanalmare, I don't have all those settings I will try it and report back.

Don't forget Lilu and WhateverGreen.

Edited by Stefanalmare
  • Like 2