[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

Just now, aben said:

Latest OC commit does indeed (finally!) fix the NVRAM-related issues as well; no more intermittent freezes when OS tries to access/store NVRAM variables (brightness, AC status, LID wake, reboot). SKL performance looking very much sorted on macOS 13 beta 1 for now. Massive thanks and credits to Acidanthera team for the support; onwards and upwards! 

Cheers!

Can you share your EFI, thanks

@chris1111 @PoMpIs @5T33Z0 Is there any progress on our Ivy Bridge laptops?

In my HP EliteBook 2570P I could install Ventura without any problems, skipping at Clover the AvoidRuntimeDefrag quirk, I installed it, and after 3 reboots, and in the last one, it gives me a general panic, with a lot of dependencies, and crash completely the OS. I stuck here with my HP 2570P, but by other hand, my Haswell desktop finally can install and boots up Ventura, all is working, except the iGPU HD 4600.

Cheers.

9 minutes ago, asdesoso said:

In my HP EliteBook 2570P I could install Ventura without any problems, skipping at Clover the AvoidRuntimeDefrag quirk, I installed it, and after 3 reboots, and in the last one, it gives me a general panic, with a lot of dependencies, and crash completely the OS. I stuck here with my HP 2570P, but by other hand, my Haswell desktop finally can install and boots up Ventura, all is working, except the iGPU HD 4600.

Cheers.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/monterand-probably-the-start-of-an-ongoing-saga.2320479/post-31164270

• Confused 1

36 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Don't know if your config.plist will help as my rig is a GA-Z390 but as they say...'Every little bit helps'. Thanks. 

it is not complicated eSaF, just put z390 ssd there and remove/disable any intel network cards and intel bluetooth and add 22.99.99 under Max kernel box in Kernel and remove avoidRuntimeDefrag=No Then under PlatformInfo: check  MaxBIOSVersion and check AdviseFeatures. Unde UEFI/Drivers disable CrScreenshorDxe.efi. Remember to clean install Ventura or it won't work(u will get restart loop)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, maly70 said:

it is not complicated eSaF, just put z390 ssd there and remove/disable any intel network cards and intel bluetooth and add 22.99.99 under Max kernel box in Kernel and remove avoidRuntimeDefrag=No Then under PlatformInfo: check  MaxBIOSVersion and check AdviseFeatures. Unde UEFI/Drivers disable CrScreenshorDxe.efi. Remember to clean install Ventura or it won't work(u will get restart loop)

Ok thanks, will try your suggestions

Guest 5T33Z0
21 minutes ago, asdesoso said:

Cheers.

I tried on my Lenovo T530 Laptop. I have pre-installed Ventura on the disk on my PC.

Boot progress goes a bit further but I get tons of errors from other things. Last entry was "Couldn't allocate AppleKeyStoreTest"

I am confirming that I am able to install the macOS Ventura on Haswell system i4570 Motherboard i5 with the modified EFI provided @asdesoso I had to disable the xchiport limit that is installation is flying like breeze. Thank specially to the Opencore team for the fast release of OPENCORE 0.8.2 for the Ventura. 

Edited by $tealth
EFi
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guys here is my config.plist see if you can spot what I am missing because at this time my brain has turned to mush.

Config.plist

14 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

Z390 Aorus Master, i9900k, rx 580, all working (thunderbolt also), internal HDD.

Please Share.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, aben said:

Latest OC commit does indeed (finally!) fix the NVRAM-related issues as well; no more intermittent freezes when OS tries to access/store NVRAM variables (brightness, AC status, LID wake, reboot). SKL performance looking very much sorted on macOS 13 beta 1 for now. Massive thanks and credits to Acidanthera team for the support; onwards and upwards! 

Cheers!

Can you please share your EFI folder FOR skylike ?

@PMheart With the latest WEG, the Spoofing SKL to KBL works and acceleration is available. However, the KBL kexts isn't showing loaded in System Report>Software>Extensions. On Desktop, it simply hangs. Checked using SkylakeInjector kext too. The situation is same, regardless of Ventura. Should you need any information further, let me know.

Thanks

Edited by The Tech