[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

58 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

You don't beleved me........

Yes, I believed you but you have 690 and I have 390. And I've tried SetupVirtualMap y/n.

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, miliuco said:

@eSaF

Nothing to do for now, my friend.

Bro I am totally done with this Z390 Board, I've come to the conclusion that even with future Ventura updates, it will be an up hill battle. The reason is, the install was relatively easy on other boards and I cannot see the OC Devs providing a universal fix for all if those other boards did not have the problem we are having on the Z390.

One thought that comes to mind, how will we deal with the 'AvoidRuntimeDefrag' setting in a multi-booting system? What a mess this new version has thrown at us.

Anyway my Earthday is this month and I've sweet talked the wife into buying me a new motherboard with the idea of using as much as possible most of the hardware I'm currently using i.e mainly CPU, Memory, Cooler and Graphics card etc so I am scouring the posts of all the successful Ventura installs and what boards were an easy install but I am open to any ideas or recommendations from the good people here.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, aben said:

Thank you for implementing this patch into WEG; this would also automatically void the need for boot-arg -disablegfxfirmware in order to get the patch injected 🙏

I've tested the above commit, the patch works just as it should. No issues in performance while performing basic tasks: opening apps, typing up a document, playing music off Music app etc. The major issue now is that the iGPU seems to lose power management when using a browser (Safari) to load a video for playback (from YouTube). IGP shows freq. failing to drop below 300 Mhz (when using WEG) and 500 Mhz when not using WEG (with -disablegfxfirmware) which then leads to the OS hanging up and stuttering due to this loss in iGPU power management. Maybe RPS control patch needs some work?

Much thanks once again!

361202221_ScreenShot2022-06-09at5_45_25PM.thumb.png.77c458b76b6bbf93edb5184ffd1ccab1.png

Hello dear, may i have the latest weg kext that can fix skylake hd520 as i cant compile it, thank you

38 minutes ago, Hervé said:

Thank God we still have Clover to handle multiple config files that can be called from the main menu.

You know it!! - I even tried to go back to Clover after trying for the umpteenth time with OC but I've spent that much time with OC now that I have forgotten how to tweak the config for Clover plus all the files pertaining for the Clover Boot-loader, my brain is too old now to retain certain things that were second nature before. :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

@eSaF you know i'm still on the same 390 mainboard - but hey .. let the dev's do their work and just be a bit more patient 😉
There are no advantages with Ventura for now, it's just a nice-to-have and fiddling with an Alpha version ( for my taste ).

Edited by texem
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, texem said:

@eSaF you know i'm still on the same 390 mainboard - but hey .. let the dev's do their work and just be a bit more patient 😉
There are no advantagea with Ventura for now, it's just a nice-to-have and fiddling with an Alpha version ( for my taste ).

Yes you're correct, that's the pitfall of a wanna-bee early adopter. :hysterical:

• Haha 5

@eSaF

I understand and partially share your thoughts.

My opinion is that, if the reason to replace the 390 board and Coffee Lake R CPU is Ventura, then it's early days for this decision. Remember when Big Sur was released and there were some big changes that weren't integrated until there was a valid OpenCore and, at first, Big Sur couldn't be installed in the Hacks. We have only been 3 days with a very early Ventura.

But if Ventura is just the last push you needed to upgrade your hardware, then it's a good idea. Taking advantage of your birthday (I'm sure you're only a few decades old 🙂).

What are you thinking, 590 or 690, 11th or 12th generation?

1 hour ago, Stefanalmare said:

😀 I have also Z390 Aorus Master, i9 9900k.

Can you boot Monterey with AvoidRuntimeDefrag disabled?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, miliuco said:

We have only been 3 days with a very early Ventura.

Yes Bro you're absolutely correct, it is pure frustration on my part but on the plus side I can use the excuse to an upgrade. My B'day is a few weeks away so I can hold off until then hoping for a fix and save the spending until I really have to.

I need a board to utilise my Ninth Gen CPU or am I on the wrong track?

• Like 4

6 hours ago, aben said:

No worries and yes, it's real nice to see SKL able to have iGPU support on Ventura with help of KBL framebuffers. To add on, I performed further tests and it turns out the issue mentioned earlier is only limited to YouTube playback on Safari (I suppose its some VP9-codec related issue with Safari on beta 1 build leading to iGPU instability). YouTube playback through Chrome works perfect and no issues with video playback from other platforms on Safari as well. Overall performance is pretty stable so far on SKL except for the intermittent NVRAM related issues.

Oh and my bad with regards to WEG, I mistyped. Only macOS 12 boots without the need for WEG on SKL with HD 520, as long as -disablegfxfirmware and correspondig ig-platform-id value is present.

Could you please try this codeless kext provided by @dhinakg? Thanks in advance!

SkylakeInjector.kext.zip

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Need some advice on a new install of Ventura with an install stick with opencore 0.8.2 and latest kexts to a spare SSD on my Z490 Vision G mobo, AvoidRuntimeDefrag is disabled.

The installation goes into a reboot loop, never reaching the language picker.

A normal upgrade of Monterey with a downloaded Ventura "+/- 3.4 Gigs."  also enters into a reboot loop.

Tried to disable iGPU as well as i225-V in bios but also no success, using an Amd RX 6800 TX DGPU.

Monterey boots with AvoidRuntimeDefrag Yes or No, -lilubetaall also makes no difference.

Greetings Henties

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Henties said:

Need some advice on a new install of Ventura with an install stick with opencore 0.8.2 and latest kexts to a spare SSD on my Z490 Vision G mobo, AvoidRuntimeDefrag is disabled.

The installation goes into a reboot loop, never reaching the language picker.

A normal upgrade of Monterey with a downloaded Ventura "+/- 3.4 Gigs."  also enters into a reboot loop.

Tried to disable iGPU as well as i225-V in bios but also no success, using an Amd RX 6800 TX DGPU.

Monterey boots with AvoidRuntimeDefrag Yes or No, -lilubetaall also makes no difference.

Greetings Henties

Okay Henties.

I haven't yet tackled Z490 yet (that will be my next task) but I think it could work.
If you have Monterey already running, see if you can get it to upgrade to OC 0.8.1. If you can run that on the Monterey first, then the transition to Ventura should be easy.
My general recommendation is - don't do anything with Ventura until the OC 0.8.1 config can be boot in Monterey. Then from there all you need to do is the following:
disable AvoidRuntimeDefrag
add Maxkernel 22.99.99
add -lilubetaall
enable AdviseFeatures & Spoofvendor
enable all VirtualSMC & SMCProcessor & SMCSuperIO
enable CPUFriend & CPUFriendData
If system still cannot get to install screen, disable WiFi & LAN driver kext

Edited by Middleman
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, PMheart said:

Could you please try this codeless kext provided by @dhinakg? Thanks in advance!

Can confirm: this kext fixes the YouTube-playback issue on Safari :) Also, LVDS display no more wakes up to black screen from sleep. Thank you very much!

Edited by aben
  • Like 5

Anyone having any success booting Ventura with Clover?

I can see nothing changed in the Clover repo as of yet.

Attached picture of where boot process gets stuck. 

image.jpg

Edited by SavageAUS
  • Sad 1

Just Reboots Here

6 hours ago, Hervé said:

Thank God we still have Clover to handle multiple config files that can be called from the main menu. That's how I'm able to boot Ventura on my E7270 with a dedicated config file whilst the default config file is used to boot Big Sur/Monterey.

Maybe Clover need to be programmed with more smarts in it

It Knows What It Is Booting So should load different configs AUTOMATICALY

Wouldn't hurt to do same with OC

Care to share your EFI Folder, Lost The One I Was Using...

Edited by STLVNUB

48 minutes ago, aben said:

Can confirm: this kext fixes the YouTube-playback issue on Safari :) Also, LVDS display no more wakes up to black screen from sleep. Thank you very much!

Hello dear, how are you, may i have your efi file for testing as i am trying to inject the new kext but the resolution is not qc , only 5mb graphics, my system is dell as shown in my signature, waiting your efi plz .. thank you 

39 minutes ago, PC IT said:

Hello dear, how are you, may i have your efi file for testing as i am trying to inject the new kext but the resolution is not qc , only 5mb graphics, my system is dell as shown in my signature, waiting your efi plz .. thank you 

Try this EFi - contains both kexts (WEG + SKL patch) + 32MB DVMT patch.

OC.zip

Ok Guys 

Anybody Who Can't Boot Big Sur Monterey and Ventura Try This

Boots All 3 Fine Here, Just Put In Your Own Kexts

avoidruntimedefrag is set to no

Enjoy ;)

EFI.zip

Well it did work once in that order 

just tried it again and only BS booted 

Go figure :(

Edited by STLVNUB
  • Like 4