[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, Common_Sense said:

I have built the latest OpenCore 0.8.2 from the master branch, with the recently checked in fix for AvoidRuntimeDefrag. I you want to test it.

OpenCore-0.8.2-RELEASE.zip 3.74 MB · 28 downloads

Finally I am able to install it on my Haswell desktop.

Thank you very much, to the Acidanthera-Team. 😁
Pray for HD 4600, in near future working 🙏

20220611_130514.jpg

• Like 4

Finally I could reach to the desktop, all seems to be working, Ethernet, Audio, Bluetooth, SATA, USB 3.0, only except the iGPU HD 4600, pray to in a near future, rollback to the Monterey kexts, to have QE/CI and Metal.

Cheers.

20220611_135258.jpg

20220611_135420.jpg

27 minutes ago, $tealth said:

@asdesoso

Can you please your efi as I have same configuration of Haswell chip set. 

My EFI is very similar to Monterey´s EFI, I only do 2 changes, update from OpenCore 0.7.6 to the latest 0.8.2 from today, and update SMBIOS from iMac 17.1 to 18.2.

Today´s 0.8.2 OC has the change in AvoidRuntimeDefrag, very important to boot up in machines that is needed to boot up correctly.

Cheers.

Edited by asdesoso
  • Like 2

Guest 5T33Z0

There's a new OpenCore build with fixes AvoidRuntimeDefrag: https://dortania.github.io/builds/?product=OpenCorePkg&viewall=true

macOS 13 Developer Beta 1 introduced a new driver, bootrt.efi, which
now carries the kernel call gate. It communicates with efiboot via an
info buffer passed via LoadOptions. Patch it on load with our hook to
run our kernel entry code.

19 minutes ago, PMheart said:

You can just try 1.0.7 at https://github.com/acidanthera/IntelMausi/releases/tag/1.0.7 and report. It is not a Lilu plugin.

Thanks. I try it ASAP

@Hervé say : "IntelMausi kext works in 13.0.b1 for the Intel I219LM GigEthernet card". I've got a Gigabyte I219-V (Aours Master Z390). so I am optimistic

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, JorgeMax said:

Radeon HD 7000 support is gone. I'm out of acceleration

Thank you very much to the developers of OpenCore. Now it's booting normally 

Yeah they dropped support for all older AMD GPUs, only 400 series and above are supported now.

• Like 2

I still get the same message about "A required firmware update could not be installed" when I try to do a clean install at the second stage but on the bright side I can boot into a installed version of Ventura (which I installed it on an external SSD using a 2017 iMac). Prior to the last commit it was ending up in a KP.

So that's one step forward :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Every reboot with Ventura I get a message stating you shut down your computer because of a problem and I have to set dark mode again. No issues with Monterey. Using latest build with AvoidRuntimeDefrag fix. 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, eSaF said:

What are the Specs of your machine i.e Motherboard, CPU, Graphics, etc. Thanks

Oh ok - I see them from the enclosed pic.

Dang!!! lack of sleep is making me go do-lally, the pic belongs to our friend @BALDY_MAN. :D

Hi eSaF, did you make with macOs13? or not yet, I got it with 490 and 590 boards with comet lake cpu, OpenCore 0.7.6/ I can send you my config.plist file if you want

Latest OC commit does indeed (finally!) fix the NVRAM-related issues as well; no more intermittent freezes when OS tries to access/store NVRAM variables (brightness, AC status, LID wake, reboot). SKL performance looking very much sorted on macOS 13 beta 1 for now. Massive thanks and credits to Acidanthera team for the support; onwards and upwards! 

Cheers!

• Like 10

3 hours ago, antuneddu said:

As always, a huge thank you to the Devs 🙏 

Bro could you post your Config.plist please so that I can compare it with mine (remove your personal data). I did a new USB installer, latest  updated OC for Ventura as well as kexts and I am still getting the second stage message '........... firmware Update could not be installed' - Thanks.

4 hours ago, ic005k said:

@eSaF You have a solution for your Z390, congratulations.

I am still floundering like @Cyberdevs :wallbash:

• Sad 3

49 minutes ago, maly70 said:

Hi eSaF, did you make with macOs13? or not yet, I got it with 490 and 590 boards with comet lake cpu, OpenCore 0.7.6/ I can send you my config.plist file if you want

Don't know if your config.plist will help as my rig is a GA-Z390 but as they say...'Every little bit helps'. Thanks. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1