[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, ANONIMNIQ said:

@jsl2000 Any chance for my HP PRODESK 600 G1 Mini with i3-4130 and Intel HD Graphics 4400? Command you suggested shows AVX2. 

Yes, it's possible to get it to boot Ventura without hardware acceleration of HD 4400. You may try my Clover 5145's config.plist posted here at page 11.

Compressed EFI was attached here for your reference.

EFI.zip

Edited by jsl2000
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, ghost8282 said:

But first I'd like to test a different approach suggested on another forum, by replacing the os.dmg in the preboot volume with that of an m1; since sandy b. has avx1 the setupassistant should work then..

Not working, setup proceeds a little bit further but then it hangs..It seems it's a no way at the current time for my sandy bridge cpus :(

• Sad 2

40 minutes ago, jsl2000 said:

Yes, it's possible to get it to boot Ventura without hardware acceleration of HD 4400. You may try my Clover 5145's config.plist posted here at page 11.

I tried your config.plist with Clover 5145 on my Haswell desktop, and do the same as my previous message, with Clover and your config.plist I stuck every time at [EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START], I tried to enable/disable devirtualisemmio and XCPM, if I try with my Monterey´s OC EFI, disabling the avoidruntimedefrag quirk, I can pass the previous line, but I stuck at my previous photo.

I know that Haswell have AVX2, but Ivy Bridge only have AVX (1.0).

Thanks in advance.

Guest 5T33Z0

Anybody else noticed this?

627557573_Bildschirmfoto2022-06-09um14_15_16.png.e7d992614a6e7758ac505d76bbb76d0c.png

I usually add the Apps Folder to the Dock for direct access to the Apps. When opening the folder, I noticed that there's a shortcut to Safari in there. But there's no shortcut in the actual App folder. Weird.

Edited by 5T33Z0

Does sleep work for you ?

On my laptop everything working ok (some glitches here and there expected from beta) but when laptop goes to sleep it freezes and I have to restart. Maybe it has to do with avoidruntimedefrag set to no?

Guest 5T33Z0

@matgeo Doesn't work for me either. I tried fixing the sleep imaga in Hackintool and noticed the App doesn't work in Ventura. So I did in terminal. Same result.

It could only be related to the AvoidRuntimeDefrag quirk if sleep stops working in other macOS versions where sleep is known to work. Will test later.

EDIT: Sleep and wake are working fine in Big Sur so I am pretty sure it's a beta issue unrelated to AvoidRuntimeDefrag Quirk.

EDIT2: After updating all the kexts to the latest nightly build and fixing the sleepimage and proximity wake in hackintool, sleep is working fine

Edited by 5T33Z0

@5T33Z0  

If it is correct, I already saw it the first day I managed to install Ventura, it has details as it is a beta...

9gnPiKt.png

I don't know if it happens to you too, but the others folder doesn't appear either xD... I only see it on the launchpad

8v9TjOB.png

Edited by PoMpIs

Guest 5T33Z0

Apps not working:

• Logitech Options Manager (installer wont show a window)
  • Hackintool (freezes)
  • Intel Power Gadget (no graphs. Injecting EnergyDriver.kext via OpenCore resolves it)

22 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

Apps not working:

• Logitech Options Manager (installer wont show a window)
  • Hackintool (freezes)
  • Intel Power Gadget (no graphs. Injecting EnergyDriver.kext via OpenCore resolves it)

I haven't tried logitech, but Hackintool and the intel power gadget work fine for me...

xNrXNTM.png

Guest 5T33Z0

Working fine for me on my other 3 macOS versions, so I say it's a beta issue.

Ater updating the rest of the kexts to the latest nightly builds, Hackintool is working.

Edited by 5T33Z0

2 hours ago, jsl2000 said:

Compressed EFI was attached here for your reference.

EFI.zip 7.68 MB · 8 downloads

I tried this EFI and stucks at the exact same point as mine Monterey´s OC EFI folder.

20220607_232633.jpg

1 hour ago, 5T33Z0 said:

@matgeo Doesn't work for me either. I tried fixing the sleep imaga in Hackintool and noticed the App doesn't work in Ventura. So I did in terminal. Same result.

It could only be related to the AvoidRuntimeDefrag quirk if sleep stops working in other macOS versions where sleep is known to work. Will test later.

EDIT: Sleep and wake are working fine in Big Sur so I am pretty sure it's a beta issue unrelated to AvoidRuntimeDefrag Quirk.

EDIT2: After updating all the kexts to the latest nightly build and fixing the sleepimage and proximity wake in hackintool, sleep is working fine

@5T33Z0, here is the efi I use. On Monterey sleep is working just fine. Only change on Ventura is the AvoidRuntimeDefrag quirk.

OC.zip

5 hours ago, PMheart said:

For those with Skylake graphics - the current theory is to use everything from Kaby Lake. I have made some tests in WhateverGreen (WEG) concerning this on a testing branch: https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/tree/skl-as-kbl-13.

Things to do:

- Use WEG from the link above (you can download binaries at GitHub Actions artifacts, e.g. https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/actions/runs/2466920386 for the commit https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/commit/00c1cb52622df8a5c98e9ea1ff5e0d395ec23d56)

- Update device-id and ig-platform-id to the corresponding KBL model (e.g. HD530 -> HD630)

Feel free to report.

i change device-id and ig-platform-id, in the my HD  520 , but is black screen

1 hour ago, PropoFlexWX4 said:

So, how is Ventura on intel H310/H370/B360/B365/Z370/Z390 going?

Any successes yet?

AvoidRuntimeDefrag needed for booting BigSur or Monterey?... No way to install/boot Ventura....

AvoidRuntimeDefrag not needed for booting BigSur or Monterey?... Maybe you have a chance.... 

Need to wait for OC dev to implement AvoidRuntimeDefrag for Ventura...otherwise, Z3xx (and some x3xx) are out of game 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, PMheart said:

Thanks for your report. I do not think I will be able to help with any specific issues, but at least we do prove that it is feasible to load KBL kexts on SKL.

In fact, without WEG, how do you load KBL kexts? By only injecting device-id and/or ig-platform-id?

No worries and yes, it's real nice to see SKL able to have iGPU support on Ventura with help of KBL framebuffers. To add on, I performed further tests and it turns out the issue mentioned earlier is only limited to YouTube playback on Safari (I suppose its some VP9-codec related issue with Safari on beta 1 build leading to iGPU instability). YouTube playback through Chrome works perfect and no issues with video playback from other platforms on Safari as well. Overall performance is pretty stable so far on SKL except for the intermittent NVRAM related issues.

Oh and my bad with regards to WEG, I mistyped. Only macOS 12 boots without the need for WEG on SKL with HD 520, as long as -disablegfxfirmware and correspondig ig-platform-id value is present.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Middleman said:

Alright so I managed to make some progress! I got into the installer with my H370 Acer Nitro 5!

So what happened was, I was using a working OC 0.7.9 Monterey 12.4 build I had for the Acer and I had it updated to OC8.1 via OCAuxiliaryTools and just added -lilubetaall, MaxKernel of 22.99.99, AdviseFeatures ON, ProvideCurrentCPUInfo OFF and AvoidRunTimeDefrag to OFF. EnableSafeModeSlide, EnableWriteUnProtector and SetupVirtualMap is ON but RebuildAppleMemoryMap is OFF as is SyncRuntimePermissions.

Key differences I noticed in the new one and my previous build (which was a manual alteration of my other Rocket Lake Ventura build to the Nitro 5 settings) was that PollAppleHotKeys was off but also LauncherOption was set to Short and all Debug options were turned off including DisableWatchdog. SecureBootModel setting was Default and SMBIOS was MacbookPro14,3. Aside from that, all of the VirtualSMC kexts were enabled as was CPUFriend & CPUFriendDataProvider, NVMEFix and NoTouchID. Also I did not use any AptioFix drivers either. EFI drivers enabled was only OpenHFS, OpenCanopy and OpenRuntime and everything else was disabled.

Thought to leave this here for anyone interested. So guys I have to go, but if any of you are having issues with booting Z370 Coffee Lake or similar try my above settings using OC 0.8.1. It should work for you. If you're using a desktop try to choose the closest SMBIOS value with the same model and gen chip.

59 minutes ago, Middleman said:

Thought to leave this here for anyone interested. So guys I have to go, but if any of you are having issues with booting Z370 Coffee Lake or similar try my above settings using OC 0.8.1. It should work for you. If you're using a desktop try to choose the closest SMBIOS value with the same model and gen chip.

Thanks, I'll try your settings and comment.

Can you boot the Z370 on Monterey with AvoidRuntimeDefrag to NO?

3 hours ago, ilcondannato said:

AvoidRuntimeDefrag needed for booting BigSur or Monterey?... No way to install/boot Ventura....

AvoidRuntimeDefrag not needed for booting BigSur or Monterey?... Maybe you have a chance.... 

This is the question 👍

• Like 5

@Middleman

No luck with your settings, stuck at some point before language selection.

I have a few "Err(0xE) <- RT.GV boot-signature" and "Err(0xE) <- RT.GV boot-image-key".

It hangs at:

#[EB.RH.LRH|P!] Err(0xE) <- EB.LD.LF
01:393 00:003 AAPL: #[EB.BST.FBS|!] Err(0xE) <- EB.RH.LRH
01:397 00:003 AAPL: #[EB|LOG:DT] 2022-06-09T18:49:18
01:401 00:004 AAPL: #[EB|LOG:EXITBS:START] 2022-06-09T18:49:18

@eSaF

Nothing to do for now, my friend.

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Hervé said:

@ANONIMNIQ absolutely no point trying to install and run Ventura without graphics support; it's a total waste of time; you've already had much trouble trying to run macOS versions that officially support Haswell graphics, what would you expect with Ventura beta1 ?

I'm trying to install it on a different drive just to test it and to see if in the future, maybe with some patch graphics will work again, and maybe will work much stable on my system than Monterey. As I see, other people tried to install it on Haswell systems too.