[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

Finally got around to trying Ventura today. With AvoidRunTime true I get the same stop as everyone else but with it false and the updated kexts I’m up to the second stage of install and looking good. This is on my 9th gen intel laptop. Will share results when / if the install finishes. 
P.S I’m using Clover as boot loader. 

Edited by SavageAUS
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, surenmunoo said:

I managed to get it installed on my Z690 Aero D but my Fenvi 919 wifi and bluetooth does not work, anyone has any ideas how to fix it? It shows up in Hackintool but still not working

image.thumb.png.85448146def8ce8d6fafdc7813d33c65.pngimage.png.d63266e32e175c0dee4b885aeb616c60.png

Well I have a Z590I just installed with Ventura yesterday and I noticed that too - WiFi and Bluetooth wasn't working with my current setup which was actually working

with Monterey 12.4. I am curious as to what is causing this, since they (the kexts) are pretty much all the same we have been using up until now (IntelBluetoothFirmware,

BlueTool, & Airportitlwm). If you are using Broadcom BT you might want to check out also installing BrcmBluetoothInjector, BrcmFirmwareData & BRCMPatchRAM3.kext

if that helps.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Middleman said:

Well I have a Z590I just installed with Ventura yesterday and I noticed that too - WiFi and Bluetooth wasn't working with my current setup which was actually working

with Monterey 12.4. I am curious as to what is causing this, since they (the kexts) are pretty much all the same we have been using up until now (IntelBluetoothFirmware,

BlueTool, & Airportitlwm). If you are using Broadcom BT you might want to check out also installing BrcmBluetoothInjector, BrcmFirmwareData & BRCMPatchRAM3.kext

if that helps.

Thanks @Middleman , below is the kexts I have installed. It seems I don't have the brcmbluetoothinjector.kext - where can I find that?

image.thumb.png.abf1fb33e9b619f90628b10fc7c83d97.png

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, surenmunoo said:

I managed to get it installed on my Z690 Aero D but my Fenvi 919 wifi and bluetooth does not work, anyone has any ideas how to fix it? It shows up in Hackintool but still not working

image.thumb.png.85448146def8ce8d6fafdc7813d33c65.pngimage.png.d63266e32e175c0dee4b885aeb616c60.png

Hello mate..

Chrome working on you ?

when opened freezes everything..

Can u please upload your efi for comparing ?

I m on Z690 Gaming X DDR 4

2 minutes ago, surenmunoo said:

Thanks @Middleman , below is the kexts I have installed. It seems I don't have the brcmbluetoothinjector.kext - where can I find that?

image.thumb.png.abf1fb33e9b619f90628b10fc7c83d97.png

Right. Well it's found under the Opencore BRCMPatchRAM release here by Acidanthera > https://github.com/acidanthera/BrcmPatchRAM

As for the WiFi configuration, it looks like you've got two of the Airportitlwm kexts enabled? You should only enable just one. Use the Monterey one.

You're welcome!

@surenmunoo

I have the same fenvi (T919) card and you don't need anything other than disabling the built-in WiFi and BlueTooth by removing the corresponding ports in the mapped USB kext or SSDT.

@Middleman

The T919 fenvi card doesn't require any extra kexts other than FixBlueTool.kext and exclusion of Intel BT/WiFi.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Moviemakergr said:

Hello mate..

Chrome working on you ?

when opened freezes everything..

Can u please upload your efi for comparing ?

I m on Z690 Gaming X DDR 4

Chrome works for me, I had to remove the kexts folders as it was too big to upload

EFI 2.zip

3 minutes ago, Middleman said:

Right. Well it's found under the Opencore BRCMPatchRAM release here by Acidanthera > https://github.com/acidanthera/BrcmPatchRAM

As for the WiFi configuration, it looks like you've got two of the Airportitlwm kexts enabled? You should only enable just one. Use the Monterey one.

You're welcome!

Thanks Mate, I will give that a try and let you know

2 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

@surenmunoo

I have the same fenvi (T919) card and you don't need anything other than disabling the built-in WiFi and BlueTooth by removing the corresponding ports in the mapped USB kext or SSDT.

@Middleman

The T919 fenvi card doesn't require any extra kexts other than FixBlueTool.kext and exclusion of Intel BT/WiFi.

How do I remove that from SSDT? I am using the EFI you posted, is it removed from there?

4 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

@surenmunoo

@Middleman

This Is the SSDT I made trying to map the USB ports using Hackintool

SSDT-UIAC.aml

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, surenmunoo said:

How do I remove that from SSDT? I am using the EFI you posted, is it removed from there?

You need to remap your USB ports or you need to check IOreg and see the built-in BT/WiFii is connected to which USB port on your rig.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, surenmunoo said:

This Is the SSDT I made trying to map the USB ports using Hackintool

Without the IOreg i can't tell that the built-in Bt/WiFi is connected to which port.

12 hours ago, Pavo said:

I do all installs/upgrades using VNC without GPU pass through, because sometimes it glitches out with the way macOS resets it. But I can get to desktop without issues.

Nothing, no luck, even with emulated cascade lake cpu my installation hangs at the same step.

Reading around it seems to me that my issue is with the physical cpu, for installation it's required avx+ capabilities, which my cpus don't have, probably yours has them.

Even if cpu is emulated it can't give avx+ capabilities that's why I think it's not working.

I will try to download a pre-installed image of Ventura and see if I can boot it with some workaround applied.

But first I'd like to test a different approach suggested on another forum, by replacing the os.dmg in the preboot volume with that of an m1; since sandy b. has avx1 the setupassistant should work then..

Edited by ghost8282

34 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

Without the IOreg i can't tell that the built-in Bt/WiFi is connected to which port.

I ended u using the EFI I had for the Z690 Aero G on the Aero D and it all works now, sound, bluetooth and wifi.  Tested Airdrop as well and it works

Edited by surenmunoo

Success on my 9th gen laptop.

I could go through the installer with Clover after changing the one quirk but it wouldn't boot to the desktop.

I had to use OpenCore to boot to desktop.

Still a success in my book.

Apple service appear working, WiFi and Bluetooth work, audio works as does my Fn keys.

Now to get it booting with Clover @Slice

I am using the exact same kexts in OC & Clover, same quirk changed but no boot after install with Clover.

Spoiler

Screen Shot 2022-06-09 at 6.27.22 pm.pngScreen Shot 2022-06-09 at 6.30.53 pm.png

Edited by SavageAUS
  • Like 4

On 6/7/2022 at 11:58 PM, asdesoso said:

Good afternoon, I created my USB installer of Ventura, and after that, I disabled the quirk AvoidRuntimeDefrag, but I stall here, and stops, doesn´t anything more.
Is my Haswell desktop, although I know that HD4600 is gone from S/L/E kexts. I used OC in different versions from the current 0.7.6 to latest commit 0.8.2 from today, and both do the same problem. This machine is completely functional at Monterey 12.4 running very well. Also I tried with Clover and stucks at [EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START].

By the other hand, I have an HP EliteBook 2570P (Ivy Bridge Laptop), that surpringsily, installed Ventura without any problem, but only installed, only I need to disable the quirk AvoidRuntimeDefrag and recovery boots up perfectly, I installed it, and in the last reboot it gives me a general panic, with a lot of dependencies, and also doesn´t boots up, I read that it could be because Ivy Bridge doesn´t have AVX2, only AVX, but Haswell yes, it have AVX2.

20220607_232633.jpg

Has anyone been able to install and run it, into Haswell desktop or Ivy Bridge laptop?
Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

• Confused 1

hi all,
Also  good  here but cant put wifi and no appstore no imessage no facetime  !!!

App Store ok
Message ok

FaceTime ok

key for install with args -lilubetaall and uncheck quirk AvoidRuntimeDefrag 

1.thumb.png.d064e01cf7498e68e529862be6fa31ab.png2.png.f17599b3ef78255236a4768aca1e9993.png3.thumb.png.da8fb0b16cc32f684d4a72d889ce5835.png

Edited by jm26200
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, asdesoso said:

Has anyone been able to install and run it, into Haswell desktop or Ivy Bridge laptop?
Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Z97 or B85 (Haswell) desktop can install or boot Ventura successfully, but not for Z77 (Ivy Bridge) laptop/desktop.

check this command at Terminal: sysctl -a | grep machdep.cpu.leaf7_features if AVX2 showed it can install or boot without issue.

Edited by jsl2000

1 hour ago, PMheart said:

For those with Skylake graphics - the current theory is to use everything from Kaby Lake. I have made some tests in WhateverGreen (WEG) concerning this on a testing branch: https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/tree/skl-as-kbl-13.

Things to do:

- Use WEG from the link above (you can download binaries at GitHub Actions artifacts, e.g. https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/actions/runs/2466920386 for the commit https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/commit/00c1cb52622df8a5c98e9ea1ff5e0d395ec23d56)

- Update device-id and ig-platform-id to the corresponding KBL model (e.g. HD530 -> HD630)

Feel free to report.

Thank you for implementing this patch into WEG; this would also automatically void the need for boot-arg -disablegfxfirmware in order to get the patch injected 🙏

I've tested the above commit, the patch works just as it should. No issues in performance while performing basic tasks: opening apps, typing up a document, playing music off Music app etc. The major issue now is that the iGPU seems to lose power management when using a browser (Safari) to load a video for playback (from YouTube). IGP shows freq. failing to drop below 300 Mhz (when using WEG) and 500 Mhz when not using WEG (with -disablegfxfirmware) which then leads to the OS hanging up and stuttering due to this loss in iGPU power management. Maybe RPS control patch needs some work?

Much thanks once again!

361202221_ScreenShot2022-06-09at5_45_25PM.thumb.png.77c458b76b6bbf93edb5184ffd1ccab1.png

Edited by aben
  • Like 4

57 minutes ago, aben said:

Thank you for implementing this patch into WEG; this would also automatically void the need for boot-arg -disablegfxfirmware in order to get the patch injected 🙏

I've tested the above commit, the patch works just as it should. No issues in performance while performing basic tasks: opening apps, typing up a document, playing music off Music app etc. The major issue now is that the iGPU seems to lose power management when using a browser (Safari) to load a video for playback (from YouTube). IGP shows freq. failing to drop below 300 Mhz (when using WEG) and 500 Mhz when not using WEG (with -disablegfxfirmware) which then leads to the OS hanging up and stuttering due to this loss in iGPU power management. Maybe RPS control patch needs some work?

Much thanks once again!

361202221_ScreenShot2022-06-09at5_45_25PM.thumb.png.77c458b76b6bbf93edb5184ffd1ccab1.png

Thanks for your report. I do not think I will be able to help with any specific issues, but at least we do prove that it is feasible to load KBL kexts on SKL.

In fact, without WEG, how do you load KBL kexts? By only injecting device-id and/or ig-platform-id?

• Like 2