[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

@STLVNUB

Do a CMOS reset.

I Give It A Go, Thanks

19 minutes ago, Middleman said:

Which version of OC are you using? Is it the one with the Bootstrap folder added?

To all who have tried on a 300 series without success-

This is what I have tried so far:

• OC 0.8.2 with latest Lilu, VirtualSMC and WG
  • AvoidRuntimeDefrag y/n
  • AdviseFeatures y/n
  • SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 / iMac20,2 / MacPro7,1
  • SSDT-PMC.aml y/n
  • Combinations of all options.

AvoidRuntimeDefrag disabled + AdviseFeatures disabled + iMac20,2 + SSDT-PMC enabled is the combination with which the installation program goes the furthest but never reaches the language selection.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Shaneee said:

Runs pretty sweet tbh. EFI just for Ventura on a USB drive. AMD survives another macOS version :D

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot-2022-06-07-at-20.13.37.png

Any changes required?

Im waiting on a new monitor then I’ll be trying. 

1 hour ago, STLVNUB said:

I Give It A Go, Thanks

CMOS RESET

All Fixed, But Would Have Liked To Be Stuck In That Loop With A Working Keyboard And Mouse

Edited by STLVNUB

8 hours ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

So after a bit of back and forward, i discovered that the issue is with the implementation of avoidRuntimeDefrag in open core, in fact all the systems that doesn't need it can boot macos ventura, while the others gets stuck near pci configuration end...

I've tried and, indeed, my Z390 can't boot Monterey with AvoidRuntimeDefrag disabled. Thanks for your point of view.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, miliuco said:

To all who have tried on a 300 series without success-

This is what I have tried so far:

• OC 0.8.2 with latest Lilu, VirtualSMC and WG
  • AvoidRuntimeDefrag y/n
  • AdviseFeatures y/n
  • SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 / iMac20,2 / MacPro7,1
  • SSDT-PMC.aml y/n
  • Combinations of all options.

AvoidRuntimeDefrag disabled + AdviseFeatures disabled + iMac20,2 + SSDT-PMC enabled is the combination with which the installation program goes the furthest but never reaches the language selection.

Miliuco,

Have you also added -no_compat_check under your boot-args? That is a very important setting aside from -lilubetaall and MaxKernel of 22.99.99. Same goes for AdviseFeatures, SpoofVendor & ProvideCurrentCPUInfo. On my Z590I I have the settings like this:

image.png.24cd1b2eb818f3ea2be1d81ea21a35a9.png

image.png.97d0b0192eb884ed8850d102248ba35c.png

20 minutes ago, miliuco said:

installation program goes the furthest but never reaches the language selection

In my case (SkyLake, KabyLake on Z170X mainboards) the installation process starts ok and even completes the first stage after reboot it stops at:

IMG_8852.JPG

@Middleman

Thanks.

I'll try -no_compat_check because I haven't tried it yet.

Max kernel I haven't written anything either because I think if this key is empty there is no upper limit to the kernel version but I'll try that too.

-lilubetaall I don't have it because I read that the latest build no longer required it for Ventura.

I'll comment after testing.

• Like 2

Just now, Cyberdevs said:

In my case (SkyLake, KabyLake on Z170X mainboards) the installation process starts ok and even completes the first stage after reboot it stops at:

IMG_8852.JPG

See if you could add -disablegfxfirmware to your boot-arg. That should allow it to pass.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Middleman said:

Judging by his EFI and System Profile, I would think he was using around OC 0.5.9-0.6.5. because Bootstrap was removed after 0.6.6.

Also he has spoofed what looks like a Comet Lake i9 chip to his i5 9400F setup.

I am actually using latest O.C 0.8.2! as you can confirm from Hackintool below- yes bootstrap was removed long ago but you can still enable it if you know how- I intentionally enabled it -using RequestBootVarRouting=YES in OC 0.8.2 in the UEFI settings,. My SMBIOS iMac 20,2 is detects my i5 9400F as a 6 core Comet Lake i9 on its own! from way back in Monterey and Big Sur without any spoofing- the only spoofing changes I made were to insert new Cupid1Mask and Cupid1Data values for Alder lake processors recently when experimenting-:

image.thumb.png.05b879743cd11cabee4caac24261ddec.png

Screenshot 2022-06-08 at 12.56.17 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-06-08 at 1.02.29 PM.png

Edited by ndungu6678
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Middleman said:

That is exactly where my rig is failing!!!! On the reboot to continue with the install, it reverts back to the beginning. :wallbash:

• Sad 4

14 minutes ago, Middleman said:

What SMBIOS are you using?

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020)

The crazy part is it takes me up to the point to choose Country and continues with the install right to the point for second reboot to carry on the installation and that's where it fails and falls back to the beginning.

BTH - Those extra boot-args don't work on my rig.

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 3

Just now, MorenoAv said:

My EFI contains -no_compat_check in boot arguments and it fails all the same...

There can be any number of reasons that it fails. It's obvious that Apple has made some changes to the underlying kernel

now that models up to Skylake have been deprecated.

Have you checked what are your SecureBoot settings btw? Is it set to default?

@Cyberdevs @miliuco @eSaF Hi guys, test with below settings: 

1. Kexts: Have only parent VirtualSMC kext enabled and all its fellow plug-ins (SMC/Processor and SuperIO) disabled. For safe measure include boot-arg: -vsmcbeta
  2. Quirks (apart from AvoidRuntimeDefrag): 
  • SyncRuntimePermissions - YES under Booter --> Quirks
  • SetApfsTrimTimeout - 0 under Kernel --> Quirks
  • SecureBootModel - Disabled under Misc --> Security
  • AdviseFeatures - YES under PlatformInfo --> Generic
  • SpoofVendor - NO under PlatformInfo --> Generic
  • Min Date and Min Version to -1 under UEFI --> APFS
  • DataHub - YES under UEFI --> ProtocolOverrides
  • FirmwareVolume - YES under UEFI --> ProtocolOverrides

Settings from my side so hopefully one or more of the above should help.

Edited by aben
  • Like 7

24 minutes ago, eSaF said:

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020)

The crazy part is it takes me up to the point to choose Country and continues with the install right to the point for second reboot to carry on the installation and that's where it fails and falls back to the beginning.

BTH - Those extra boot-args don't work on my rig.

Right. If that’s the case it might be worthwhile to create a debug version of Opencore to try and see where it’s crashing. It sounds like a memory issue to me but likely also SecureBoot permissions playing up as well as SMBIOS/CPUID. You may have to also try test spoof Kaby Lake CPUID of EB060800 00000000 00000000 00000000 and use SMBIOS of iMac19,1 if it helps. Also change the 8 to a 9 in CPUID value for Coffee Lake if needed.

As it goes I’m currently using v8.2 of OC and to boot my Rocket Lake I used Comet Lake CPUID and CML UHD630 IGPU settings.

1 hour ago, aben said:

@Cyberdevs @miliuco @eSaF Hi guys, test with below settings: 

1. Kexts: Have only parent VirtualSMC kext enabled and all its fellow plug-ins (SMC/Processor and SuperIO) disabled. For safe measure include boot-arg: -vsmcbeta
  2. Quirks (apart from AvoidRuntimeDefrag): 
  • SyncRuntimePermissions - YES under Booter --> Quirks
  • SetApfsTrimTimeout - 0 under Kernel --> Quirks
  • SecureBootModel - Disabled under Misc --> Security
  • AdviseFeatures - YES under PlatformInfo --> Generic
  • SpoofVendor - NO under PlatformInfo --> Generic
  • Min Date and Min Version to -1 under UEFI --> APFS
  • DataHub - YES under UEFI --> ProtocolOverrides
  • FirmwareVolume - YES under UEFI --> ProtocolOverrides

Settings from my side so hopefully one or more of the above should help.

Thanks -confirmed- made all your changes above and my hack still boots fine!

Build 1: iMac20,2, i5-9400F(seen as 2.9 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i9 ?), Samsung 16GB DDR4 RAM, MSI Z390 Gaming Plus , Radeon RX580 8GB, OC 0.8.2

Edited by ndungu6678
  • Like 3

On 6/7/2022 at 3:07 AM, Pavo said:

Just a FYI, disabling the AvoidRuntimeDefrag quirk does not work for macOS as a VM on KVM+Qemu.

Hi Pavo, pinging directly as it seems we are a few people here discussing how to run mac os in kvm+qemu.

In my case AvoidRuntimeDefrag set to false made me proceed a little bit further, I was able to get to the graphical installer with iMacPro1,1 smbios, but I'm still not able to boot, the os reboots 2 times during installation, all ok, it creates and install files on the 'Ventura/Macintosh-hd' hd, then either hangs (with passed through gpu) with nothing useful in the log:

AmiShimTimerBoostExit changed current period to 100000

or with qxl/vnc only it bootloops at the same step instead of hanging.

I'm passing through 2 sandy bridge cpus, maybe the issue is there I really don't know, maybe some fixes to opencore are needed.

Did you make any progress?

Btw, for others, AvoidRuntimeDefrag=false is able to boot monterey disk, but not the ventura installer, nor complete the installation

Using latest ovmf from audk repo, sync with edk2 stable 202202

Edited by ghost8282
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, eSaF said:

Even if you compress and zip it? :surprised:

Ok I can see why its a problem because of the size. You've near enough got everything included and enabled in the config.plist i.e kexts and drivers even for Legacy installation so I dare say among all those files, kexts, and settings something stuck and allowed the installation. To be honest given all of that, I wouldn't know where to start sorting all that out for a comparison but thanks for the upload, maybe someone more knowledgeable than my humble self can glean something from your config.plist. Thanks.

Even after compression, full EFI is too big to post!-35MB!-LoL- have to admit I have a lot of unnecessary junk in it-too scared and too lazy to trim it down in case I remove or disable something and lock myself out from booting my hack!-as I said I'm no guru - have so much still left to learn!

Build 1: iMac20,2, i5-9400F(seen as 2.9 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i9 ?), Samsung 16GB DDR4 RAM, MSI Z390 Gaming Plus , Radeon RX580 8GB, OC 0.8.2

Edited by ndungu6678
  • Haha 2