[pre-release] macOS Monterey

1,859 posts in this topic

@chris1111

@Hervé says in an older post

"So, officially, it looks like it's Broadwell platforms minimum but Monterey would still support Haswell/Azul framebuffer for the moment. Very much like Ivy Bridge/HD4000 in Big Sur.

Edit: I stand corrected; Mac mini Late-2014 is full Haswell platform"

Your HP has Haswell right? What SMBIOS are you using?

This are the Macs Monterey capable:

iMac: Late 2015
Mac Pro: Late 2013
iMac Pro: 2017
Mac mini: Late 2014
MacBook Air: Early 2015
MacBook: Early 2016
MacBook Pro: Early 2015.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, miliuco said:

@chris1111

@Hervé says in an older post

"So, officially, it looks like it's Broadwell platforms minimum but Monterey would still support Haswell/Azul framebuffer for the moment. Very much like Ivy Bridge/HD4000 in Big Sur.

Edit: I stand corrected; Mac mini Late-2014 is full Haswell platform"

Your HP has Haswell right? What SMBIOS are you using?

This are the Macs Monterey capable:

iMac: Late 2015
Mac Pro: Late 2013
iMac Pro: 2017
Mac mini: Late 2014
MacBook Air: Early 2015
MacBook: Early 2016
MacBook Pro: Early 2015.

Ok yea Mac mini Late-2014 is 4260U HD 5000 

I am not see any kext of HD 4600 on S/L/E of Monterey

My Prodesk 600 G1 Use a Geforce 710 capable, I have install Montery last night no issue

thanks

Edited by chris1111

8 minutes ago, kushwavez said:

@chris1111 I have i5-4600U Haswell with HD 4400. MBP11,4 also Haswell and it is not dropped, still on support list. 

It is working natively without any issues.

Great thanks;)

Guest 5T33Z0
6 hours ago, miliuco said:

I'm not sure but maybe FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext should be adapted to Monterey as @PMheart has done with Acidanthera kexts.
The source code for FakePCIID.kext is found on @RehabMan 's Bitbucket but FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext can't even find it as binary.

To send issues to Acidanthera I use the bugtracker. But I think this problem has nothing to do with them as it's not from OpenCore or related kexts.

https://github.com/acidanthera/bugtracker/issues

I want to send something to Dortania not acidanthera!

I installed Monterey over Big Sur. I am not using Lilu and all around so I need no new boot-args.

VoodooHDA continue working. FakeSMC with plugins are working too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Donw35 said:

Yes, hope it helps

Thanks.

I tried but no change.

And I always reset NVRAM after these changes to make effect.

My old flags were, and these works fine in Big Sur:

-v alcid=1 shikigva=128 watchdog=0 agdpmod=pikera -no_compat_check

The new one for the Monterrey is:

-v -alcbeta -lilubetaall -wegbeta shikigva=128 watchdog=0 agdpmod=pikera -no_compat_check

Also, as mentioned before, OC is 0.70 and the kexts are the ones from this post (June 8th).

39 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

I want to send something to Dortania not acidanthera!

It can be a bit confusing.

Acidanthera is the group that makes OpenCore and related kexts that are considered Acidanthera projects.

Dortania is the central place for all information about OpenCore.

Both groups share many of their members.

For issues detected in OpenCore there is a bugtracker that is the one from Acidanthera whose link I put in my previous post.

For issues detected in the Dortania guides there is another bugtracker.
https://github.com/dortania/bugtracker

I thought you wanted to send something related to OpenCore or kexts but if it is related to the guides then you can use the Dortania bugtracker.

Guest 5T33Z0
13 minutes ago, miliuco said:

It can be a bit confusing.

Acidanthera is the group that makes OpenCore and related kexts that are considered Acidanthera projects.

Dortania is the central place for all information about OpenCore.

Both groups share many of their members.

For issues detected in OpenCore there is a bugtracker that is the one from Acidanthera whose link I put in my previous post.

For issues detected in the Dortania guides there is another bugtracker.
https://github.com/dortania/bugtracker

I thought you wanted to send something related to OpenCore or kexts but if it is related to the guides then you can use the Dortania bugtracker.

I wanted to send soimething to Dortania since the Kernel Patch for Intel i225 Ethernet no longer works since BigSur 11.4. If it did work I wouldn't need the FakePCIID kexts to make it work. And maybe this would fix networking for 12.0 too, who knows. I've ssen the bugtracker site for Dortania before, but as I said, I don't know how it works, how to report something. Looks different from the usual way of reporting issues… that's why I asked.

Edited by 5T33Z0

7 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

I wanted to send something to Dortania since the Kernel Patch for Intel i225 Ethernet no longer works since BigSur 11.4. If it did work I wouldn't need the FakePCIID kexts to make it work. And maybe this would fix networking for 12.0 too, who knows. I've ssen the bugtracker site for Dortania before, but as I said, I don't know how it works, how to report something. Looks different from the usual way of reporting issues… that's why I asked.

But Dortania maintains the guides and help texts and instructions. Acidanthera is the one who develops OpenCore and the kexts. I'm not sure what the kernel patch for Intel i225 Ethernet is made by them although the place where the patch is found is in the Dortania guide for Comet Lake so it is very likely that they are the creators.

They usually only respond to issues related to their projects.
I've posted some issues and the way to do it is this: create a GitHub account (if you don't already have one)> New issue> choose the appropriate forum (Bug in OpenCore or KEXTs, Bug in tools or applications, etc.)> you write title and content replacing the content that appears by default> Submit new issue.

Guest 5T33Z0

@miliuco I've cretaed an issue now since the guide is no longer correct anyways, since the patch doesn't work any more. He/they should know who's the author of this Kernel patch is and have him/them look into it to resolve it because I don't know how to write Kernel patches :D

Upgraded my 11.4 install without a hitch. I updated AppleALC, Lilu and VirtualSMC to the latest versions so I could boot without any additional beta flags.

One weird thing is that Monterey is now mounting all my NTFS partitions on the desktop. As if it's seeing them as external disks (turning off the option to show external disks on the desktop hides them). Yet Disk Utility shows them as all being internal. Right clicking on one and choosing Get Info shows the disk format as "Unknown (lifs)". Some have eject icons beside them in the Finder sidebar and some don't.

As for incompatibilities, some Audio Units are failing validation in Logic. I only have a few on this machine but Moog Model 15 is one of them.

Edited by Riley Freeman
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, mackyreddy said:

usb installer booted but showing images of mouse ? any help would be appreciated.

Your PS2 mouse/keyboard/trackpad are not likely being detected.  That may be a problem with kext injection or with your PS2 driver (I'm assuming VoodooPS2Controller.kext with the mouse, keyboard, trackpad and VoodooInput plugins.) It's probably somehow related to the prelinked kernel and kextcache.  Try using a USB mouse/keyboard for the easy workaround.

5 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

Your PS2 mouse/keyboard/trackpad are not likely being detected.  That may be a problem with kext injection or with your PS2 driver (I'm assuming VoodooPS2Controller.kext with the mouse, keyboard, trackpad and VoodooInput plugins.) It's probably somehow related to the prelinked kernel and kextcache.  Try using a USB mouse/keyboard for the easy workaround.

i am on surface pro 4 using voodooi2c kexts, surface type cover works but for some reason its not detected.

Edited by mackyreddy

1 hour ago, 5T33Z0 said:

@miliuco I've cretaed an issue now since the guide is no longer correct anyways, since the patch doesn't work any more. He/they should know who's the author of this Kernel patch is and have him/them look into it to resolve it because I don't know how to write Kernel patches :D

I just saw it. Well explained. Now to wait for the answer.

1 hour ago, Toilet said:

Anyone success on AMD Ryzen? I'm stuck here 😭 (lastest OC 0.70 + kexts)

Current AMD kernel patches do not work for Monterey, you will have to watch for updates on AMD OSX Github repo itself.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Current AMD kernel patches do not work for Monterey, you will have to watch for updates on AMD OSX Github repo itself.

Just for the sake of it I’m going to try my AMD rig tonight on a separate drive. If new patches are needed hopefully they can be translated for clover as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

Here we go, socket 775 with nvidia kepler GPU still working here, it seems that not so much has changed under the hood, but i still having problems with HID devices like in Big Sur.

Also by installing the driver in /Library/Extensions the kXAudioDriver still works and so my SB audigy works too.

Reveal hidden contents

1015353171_Schermata2021-06-08alle17_34_44.thumb.PNG.b9fbd90ad23d3f96ecbd2cadab0ca8ac.PNG501248145_Immagine08-06-21alle17_02.thumb.JPG.7560e16ebf0f1380f91d74587f591eb1.JPG

Thanks for your post.

Do you use iMac 14,2 or iMac 15,1 in your LGA 775 hackintosh ?