[pre-release] macOS Monterey

1,859 posts in this topic

My laptop has iGPU uhd 630 and it does not show in about this Mac either but it works just fine, the absence could be just cosmetic in first beta or related to hybrid graphics setup as my laptop also has a nvidia 1660 dGPU.
I cannot comment on my RX580 yet as patches for Monterey are being tested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

My laptop has iGPU uhd 630 and it does not show in about this Mac either but it works just fine, the absence could be just cosmetic in first beta or related to hybrid graphics setup as my laptop also has a nvidia 1660 dGPU.
I cannot comment on my RX580 yet as patches for Monterey are being tested.

RX580 needs zero patches

• Like 3

I add only two arg to boot args:  -lilubetaall and -weg-beta and Monterey Beta works on my Razer Blade Base 2020 !!

All works ok including wifi 5GHz from AirportItlwm.kext 2.0 beta Monterey version ( but only to first sleep stage, after wakeup Razer wifi don't connect to any net :()

monterey.jpg.cfa1f4312fcd21180ebc0a23a5c4b596.jpg

Well I'm back with a fresh install of macOS Monterey, after making an usb installer for macOS 12 beta.

Yesterday I had an updated from BS installation, until all hell broke loose and I started to have random reboots, until I became angry and decided to start anew with an usb installer, and here I am again.

Until this moment all works, sound, bluetooth, no purple stripes, let's see if it is solved...

Captura de ecrã 2021-06-12, às 13.54.51.png

Edited by MorenoAv
  • Like 5

Well I'm back with a fresh install of macOS Monterey, after making an usb installer for macOS 12 beta.
Yesterday I had an updated from BS installation, unit all hell broke loose and I started to have random reboots, until I became angry and decided to start anew with an usb installer, and here I am again.
Until this moment all works, sound, bluetooth, no purple stripes, let's see if it is solved...

214171724_Capturadeecr2021-06-12s13_54_51.png.f3e9f0881732dbeb86c6003b5016ee09.png

This is why especially with a beta it’s best to have a separate install instead of trying a beta as a daily driver with no backup.

• Like 2

Still checking stuff over. Some issues aren't related to AMD. Wifi not working ( Was using HS80211Family.kext in Big Sur, panics on Monterey. ). BT not working ( Don't use it much and needs upgraded anyway. ). Delay between booting and the login screen showing which I've seen plenty others comment on too. 

Spoiler

Screenshot-2021-06-11-at-11.50.16.png

• Like 9

20 minutes ago, miliuco said:

@Shaneee

The hackintosh with AMD still have work ahead for Monterey. At least the correct AMD CPU model is already shown with the recent OpenCore version.

It's working well so far. Bare metal install went without issues. CPU is showing thanks to RestricEvents.kext 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Derty said:

I have tried photoshop 2021, illustrator 2021, but acrobat pro does not work for me... has someone checked... ??

No, I haven't tried Acrobat.

I have tried Pixelmator Pro, VideoProc and SuperDuper beta and all work fine.

2 hours ago, Derty said:

I have tried photoshop 2021, illustrator 2021, but acrobat pro does not work for me ... has someone checked .. ??

I have tried Acrobat Pro , it did not work at first, then I reinstalled and it is now working.

• Thanks 2

Guest 5T33Z0

Any news on the Z490 i225-v Ethernet Controller Situation?

On research I found out that on macOS 11.4 you can get the I225 to work without the Kernel Patch and FakePCIID if you change the following in DeviceProperties of PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1C,0x1)/Pci(0x0,0x0):

change device-id from F2150000 (Type: Data) to 0x15f28086 (Type: String). But no success in Monterey yet.

Edit: changing the device-id to F3158680 (Type: Data) also works. So if you have to switch between Big Sur and Catalina, you only have to change one digit to F2158680, re-enable the kernel patch from Dortania's guide to get it working in Catalina again.

@Henties @bluebyte: I've looked into the IONameMatch Section of the info.plist of the AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext inside of IONetworkingFamily.kext and apart from the build number I couldn't see any difference, so I don't know why it does not work. But as @Mieze pointed out in the German Hackintosh Forum that "it could be related to mDNS Offload, because the driver needs to load an Apple-specific Firmware onto the NIC to do so. And if this is the case, I don't know if there is a permanent fix for it."

I checked IO Reg Explorer again, and searched for "Ethernet" and the results are: the AppleInel210.kext is loaded and everything is looking as it is supposed to be (from what I can tell) but it doesn't work still. I made some screenshots: Z490 I225 Driver loaded.zip

Edited by 5T33Z0
Providing Additional Info

I have been testing, and I have been able to load the kext of the HD4000 in my lenovo t430 ... but I still do not accelerate graphics ... what else is there to do? ¿? 😅

3Mj1RV4.png

e6bcsV2.png

Greetings 🙂

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Guest 5T33Z0

@pompis12 Nice. Did you take the IntelHD4000.kext from Big Sur and inject it through the bootloader or how did you get it to work? I had a look in System > Library > Extensions and it seems that there are more files associated with it than just the kext:

926511184_Bildschirmfoto2021-06-13um06_54_50.jpg.74229cf01d4eed260d29089f6392b596.jpg

Maybe you have to manually install these on the system to get it fully working?

Edited by 5T33Z0

Updated yesterday my Z390 Designare , only things I've noticed so far:

- The RX580 fans spin up like hell for about 2-3 seconds during boot then go back to normal

- SmallTreeIntel82576.kext loads but ethernet not working

- WLAN and BT ( BRCM94360CD ) works without problems

- New item  called Passwords at "System Preferences" , looks like it picked up bookmarks from Safari.

Not all of them but most...

Bildschirmfoto 2021-06-12 um 15.55.22.png

Edited by polkaholga
Typo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 5T33Z0 said:

Just installed the latest Nightly Build of 0.7.1 and the timeout/stall during boot is gone, yay!

Did you choose the option 2? Post-Install Volume Patch?

I assume that this option maybe running from Monterey boot up, but I don´t know how to disable HD4000 to apply the patch over Monterey.

I tried several things such as: try to use the -wegnoigpu and also to boot into safe mode, but always the same boot loop, crashing WindowServer I think.

So I need to boot up Monterey disabling HD4000 and after that apply the patch to enable QE/CI with Metal.

Cheers.

Captura de pantalla 2021-06-13 a las 10.21.24.png

34 minutes ago, asdesoso said:

Did you choose the option 2? Post-Install Volume Patch?

I assume that this option maybe running from Monterey boot up, but I don´t know how to disable HD4000 to apply the patch over Monterey.

I tried several things such as: try to use the -wegnoigpu and also to boot into safe mode, but always the same boot loop, crashing WindowServer I think.

So I need to boot up Monterey disabling HD4000 and after that apply the patch to enable QE/CI with Metal.

Cheers.

Captura de pantalla 2021-06-13 a las 10.21.24.png

I think you are talking on 2 different issues.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 5T33Z0 said:

@pompis12 Nice. Did you take the IntelHD4000.kext from Big Sur and inject it through the bootloader or how did you get it to work? I had a look in System > Library > Extensions and it seems that there are more files associated with it than just the kext:

926511184_Bildschirmfoto2021-06-13um06_54_50.jpg.74229cf01d4eed260d29089f6392b596.jpg

Maybe you have to manually install these on the system to get it fully working?

Of course...

I have put them all in / S / L / E 

aclOvsm.png

Edited by pompis12
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pompis12 said:

Of course...

I have put them all in / S / L / E 

aclOvsm.png

I can see in your screenshot, that there are 6 files related to HD 4000, last week I tried to put all files except AppleIntelGraphicsShared.bundle, but still the same as currently, I can´t reach to login screen, because loginwindow crash repeatedly.

Did you get QE/CI with Metal acceleration in Monterey?

Cheers.