[pre-release] macOS Monterey

1,859 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Ellybz said:

You have way more patience than me.

Not only patience but time, as I took early retirement from my occupation as a lithographer so now among other pastimes building hacks and drone piloting keeps the grey matter in check. :lol:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/10/2021 at 7:26 PM, eSaF said:

@Ellybz - Time consuming but solved this way, it is a bug in Monterey when it is a clean install oppose to an upgrade from BS.

Reveal hidden contents

1909676641_Screenshot2021-10-11at00_14_13.thumb.png.a6b4093e27e5b1dc526bbd601e887193.png

I did an experiment today. Noticed my Dell Hackbook Pro is too missing the Bluetooth PAN adapter, but not my iHack. Both have had the same upgrade paths, coming from BS to Monterey cheese and very recently a fresh install during Restore mode at Beta 9.

The major difference is the Hack using a real Apple iMac network adapter...

• Like 5

Updated without issue. Still using the restrictevents.kext because I haven't read backwards to see what the consensus is. OC 0.7.4

Untitled.png

Edit: Should mention that universal control has shown up, but I can't seem to enable it. Same behaviour on authentic MBP.

Edited by Skyfallkavu

409727522_Screenshot2021-10-13at20_26_29.png.bda70a5ea72eea94f4a5726cdaa757ac.png

Update done but alas it removed Bluetooth PAN as it did in Beta 9 (which I had to regain by installing Beta 8 and then updating to Beta 9) but I am not prepared to go that route again. I may have a lot of time but my patience is not limitless.

Normally with an 'a' at the end of a Beta version, signals a coming end to the rounds of Betas but these seems to be rushed. I also discovered this update not only removed Bluetooth PAN from Network list, it removed my HP printer which I had to reinstall. :wallbash:

Spoiler

675901122_Screenshot2021-10-13at20_17_10.png.55b0e7a67727444dea83577982edd9f3.png

:lol:

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, eSaF said:

I also discovered this update not only removed Bluetooth PAN from Network list, it removed my HP printer which I had to reinstall. :wallbash:

Reveal hidden contents

675901122_Screenshot2021-10-13at20_17_10.png.55b0e7a67727444dea83577982edd9f3.png

:lol:

Make it two. But it removed PAN and my HP MFP off my real 2019 MBP as well, so might be either a beta thing or an undocumented change from the Jack cheese OS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Alex HQuest said:

Make it two. But it removed PAN and my HP MFP off my real 2019 MBP as well, so might be either a beta thing or an undocumented change from the Jack cheese OS.

Thank you - Reports such as yours specially coming from a real Mac owner, discourages me from ripping my rig apart to find out why these anomalies, albeit a Beta, are happening on my system thinking maybe I done something wrong. :thumbsup_anim:

PS - Just found something else, 'Startup Chime' is gone even though I have it activated as it was in Beta 9 and working. What a complete mess this one is turning out to be, I am not sure why they have the prefix 'a' in the version reference maybe it should be 'z'. :hysterical:

Edited by eSaF
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, eSaF said:

What a complete mess this one is turning out to be, I am not sure why they have the prefix 'a' in the version reference maybe it should be 'z'. :hysterical:

Well, "a" means it is the first review of that release, that probably didn't went thru throughout testing and they had to fix something nastier. I vote on some zero-day flaws or major data loss incidents they are probably not going to disclose because that's what a beta code is known for: crashes and burns :fishing:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Update went fine on my X1 Extreme (MacBookPro15,1 SMBIOS + Default SBM + OC 0.7.4).
Looks like third party bluetooth got killed though, my Intel bluetooth is dead. I've seen a couple other people's Intel bluetooth die, as well as legacy Mac bluetooth.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.ed2163c126c1a57603cdb82ad09a99c8.png

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, 1Revenger1 said:

Update went fine on my X1 Extreme (MacBookPro15,1 SMBIOS + Default SBM + OC 0.7.4).
Looks like third party bluetooth got killed though, my Intel bluetooth is dead. I've seen a couple other people's Intel bluetooth die, as well as legacy Mac bluetooth.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.ed2163c126c1a57603cdb82ad09a99c8.png

Bluetooth also dead in 2 of my hacks. Probook 4540s (180a/0b05) and old core 2 quad extreme xw4600 (413c/8143). 

Edited by Stefanalmare
  • Like 1

I am thinking how crazy it was at the first mention of Apple's T1 chip and how it was going to be the death of hackintosh machines, but at the moment that is so far from the truth because it seems it is not the T1 Chip, it looks like Apple is slowly killing hacks by lack of Bluetooth. :hysterical:

• Haha 4

Well my bluetooth works, the update showed itself naturally, and the update is done and kicking... although I have no PAN Bluetooth too... but all in all is not bad...

Captura de ecrã 2021-10-13, às 23.30.20.png

Edited by MorenoAv
  • Like 4

I hope I'm not missing something here...but why are we so worried about bluetooth not appearing in the network pane?
It's slow and painful to use, and I'd hate to use it for anything other than web browsing. The only time I've used it is when Itlwm didn't exist.

I get that we're all perfectionists here, but even this seems a bit far :lol:

• Like 3