[pre-release] macOS Monterey

1,859 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, naiclub said:

I don't think you need to modify any AppleALC, just follow this picture.

ภาพถ่ายหน้าจอ 2564-06-08 เวลา 15.41.20.png

But since @PMheart has released kexts for Monterey (AppleALC included) I think it's better to use them without this boot argument. Same with -lilubetaall, now I'm working without it.

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

Nice. Thanks. Where is this file PlatformSupportlist.plist located in the Installer?

It has both. whole installer and in macos our machine And I'm trying to add in the missing stuff like I did in 11.1-11.2, after 11.3 it doesn't fix the files in it. Says you don't have permission to edit this file. read-only file

3 minutes ago, miliuco said:

But since @PMheart has released kexts for Monterey (AppleALC included) I think it's better to use them without this boot argument. Same with -lilubetaall, now I'm working without it.

Ah can I get the new version of the file you mentioned so that the boot argument can be taken out. Same with -lilubetaall out of argument thanks.

20 minutes ago, naiclub said:

Ah can I get the new version of the file you mentioned so that the boot argument can be taken out. Same with -lilubetaall out of argument thanks.

Yes. New versions have constants for Monterey and beta args are not needed.

2 minutes ago, miliuco said:

Yes. New versions have constants for Monterey and beta args are not needed.

and then the new file you mentioned where is it? thanks

Some of you (or then again maybe none at all) :hysterical:, may be wondering why I've been silent on this Monterey Beta, quite frankly it gave me a battle to get it up and running after a fresh install. Initially I changed nothing from BS but at boot during the verbose text the purple lines appeared like the first BS Beta and then the graphics signal will just die, aha I thought, I need to add a boot arg of some sort. So with my injured pride I scoured the posts here from the knowledgeable and came up with pleasing results, kudos to all the OC Brainiacs here on IM. :thumbsup_anim: See attached (so far as I can tell everything is working apart from Graphics Card is not displayed in About this Mac).

Spoiler

1353986906_ScreenShot2021-06-08at09_56_31.thumb.png.5b10831d1e53efb99d0c37745f0963ce.png686804982_ScreenShot2021-06-08at10_01_20.thumb.png.ad1f7b806a420df1e915211836558fbd.png1102668164_ScreenShot2021-06-08at10_23_14.thumb.png.d1a88f36328f19426b08a85d91c7947c.png658147327_ScreenShot2021-06-08at10_26_28.thumb.png.14641b2d831b3b290b6ede3c17ed26c7.png

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, miliuco said:

Have this into your bookmarks, the repo where new builds for OpenCore and kexts are released.

https://github.com/dortania/build-repo/releases

Get kexts with comment ready for Monterey.

I have updated to the latest version and removed the boot argument. Same with -lilubetaall,alcbetaall but the sound is not complete, still missing HDMI.

ภาพถ่ายหน้าจอ 2564-06-08 เวลา 16.47.28.png

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, miliuco said:

Have this into your bookmarks, the repo where new builds for OpenCore and kexts are released.

https://github.com/dortania/build-repo/releases

Get kexts with comment ready for Monterey.

Bro if possible can you zip and post the new kexts? For some strange reason I am getting an Error 503 on the link you referenced - Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

31 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Bro if possible can you zip and post the new kexts? For some strange reason I am getting an Error 503 on the link you referenced - Thanks.

Now I also get 503. Here they are zipped as I downloaded them earlier.

kexts.zip

• Like 5

Hi @all

I can boot Monterey USB Installer for a clean Install. After the first stage, my hack (Z390 Aorus Master) stuck at Gigabyte Logo: no Clover GUI r5136  :cry: I use Beta Lilu and friends for Monterey.

TODO:

• check the kext again
  • Need help from Clover users
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, naiclub said:

I have updated to the latest version and removed the boot argument. Same with -lilubetaall,alcbetaall but the sound is not complete, still missing HDMI...

Do you have an USB audio device? Have you installed AppleALCU instead of or in addition to AppleALC?

EDIT: I see you only have AppleALC.

7 minutes ago, LIMITANT said:

Here you go 

All Monterey updated kexts 8-June...

My post was published a few seconds before yours :)

8 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

I can boot Monterey USB Installer for a clean Install. After the first stage, my hack (Z390 Aorus Master) stuck at Gigabyte Logo: no Clover GUI r5136  :cry: I use Beta Lilu and friends for Monterey...

Sorry, I can't help you with Clover because I'm on OC but your hardware has to work fine with Monterey, it's very similar to mine.

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, miliuco said:

Do you have an USB audio device? Have you installed AppleALCU instead of or in addition to AppleALC?

My post was published a few seconds before yours :)

USB audio device. It's headphones. Nothing new. I don't have an AppleALCU like you said above, only had AppleALC from the start. And before that I was using an older version of AppleALC. and it all works fine. Just add what's in the picture.

1179190608_2564-06-0815_41_20.png.565357dbbec15fcdb62a1034e96f1f1c.png

Edited by naiclub
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, naiclub said:

I don't have an AppleALCU like you said above, only had AppleALC from the start. And before that I was using an older version of AppleALC. and it all works fine. Just add what's in the picture...

If you install the new kexts and remove -alcbeta and -lilubetaall is it fixed?

6 minutes ago, miliuco said:

If you install the new kexts and remove -alcbeta and -lilubetaall is it fixed?

no way and no luck but the opposite I have tried to add as shown in the picture and it's a new version of Kext. What was given instead was like a picture.

1179190608_2564-06-0815_41_20.png.565357dbbec15fcdb62a1034e96f1f1c.png

ภาพถ่ายหน้าจอ 2564-06-08 เวลา 18.13.12.png

Just installed it on my Lenovo T440 (Haswell HD 4400). Everything is working so far, except the Intel WiFi. Looks like it needs an update from devs. 

I just had to change the SMBIOS from MBP11,1 to 11,4. Everything went ok, basically I didn't touch a thing, it went automatically. 

Clover v5136, only -lilubetaall bootarg.

1148520203_Kpernyfot2021-06-08-13_36_21.png.c68c777d3a5ec3c158f0854110b40172.png

Edited by kushwavez
  • Like 1

Guest 5T33Z0

On my Z490 Vision G, Ethernet no longer works with 12.0. I guess the FakePCIID kext have to be modified to make it work again. Unfortunately. the Kernel Patch to make it work (https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config.plist/comet-lake.html#patch-2)  does no longer work since 11.4. I wnated to report that to Dortania, but I don't know how the reporting works

Thanks to everyone posting info on KEXTs, I'm now up and running but have one problem.

I have an extremely long delay in the boot process.

I've added -v and noticed 2 main areas of delay.

The first photo shows errors around AppleUSB20HubPort@14541200 

This was by far the longest delay, can someone tell me what this means?

The second is com.apple.xpc.launchd, and any advice is welcome.

thanks.

E1B400D9-4700-4B3C-B19B-6A98CC10C00A_1_100_o.jpeg

F0064EFE-C032-4142-8576-47EEE273FE47_1_100_o.jpeg

@LIMITANT - Thank you, I did manage to compile the kexts but did not have the chance to check without the mentioned boot args as the wife was on my back to do the gardening (should have stayed a bachelor :hysterical:).

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

56 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

On my Z490 Vision G, Ethernet no longer works with 12.0. I guess the FakePCIID kext have to be modified to make it work again. Unfortunately. the Kernel Patch to make it work (https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config.plist/comet-lake.html#patch-2)  does no longer work since 11.4. I wanted to report that to Dortania, but I don't know how the reporting works

I'm not sure but maybe FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext should be adapted to Monterey as @PMheart has done with Acidanthera kexts.
The source code for FakePCIID.kext is found on @RehabMan 's Bitbucket but FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext can't even find it as binary.

To send issues to Acidanthera I use the bugtracker. But I think this problem has nothing to do with them as it's not from OpenCore or related kexts.

https://github.com/acidanthera/bugtracker/issues

Edited by miliuco

Installing on a separate partition now on my 9th gen laptop.
Has anyone tried to use “12” as a folder for clover kexts? Like we do for Big Sur “11”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest 5T33Z0
5 minutes ago, miliuco said:

I'm not sure but maybe FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext should be adapted to Monterey as @PMheart has done with Acidanthera kexts.
The source code for FakePCIID.kext is found on @RehabMan 's Bitbucket but FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext can't even find it as binary.

To send issues to Acidanthera I use the bugtracker. But I think this problem has nothing to do with them as it's not from OpenCore or related kexts.

https://github.com/acidanthera/bugtracker/issues

The FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext can be found in my efi folder https://github.com/5T33Z0/Gigabyte-Z490-Vision-G-Hackintosh-OpenCore/releases but I don't know how or what to modify in it to make it work. Is there a guide somewhere?

7 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

The FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext can be found in my efi folder https://github.com/5T33Z0/Gigabyte-Z490-Vision-G-Hackintosh-OpenCore/releases but I don't know how or what to modify in it to make it work. Is there a guide somewhere?

I didn't know about your GitHub site. Nice job!!! Very useful for those who have hardware like yours. Thanks for the link.

I'm going to look at the code of FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext although I don't know if I will find a way to do it due to lack of knowledge. If I find a guide or how-to I will tell you.

1 hour ago, eSaF said:

@LIMITANT - Thank you, I did manage to compile the kexts but did not have the change to check without the mentioned boot args as the wife was on my back to do the gardening (should have stayed a bachelor :hysterical:).

or replace garden with nice concrete pavers....but be warned then there's power washing every few years....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3