[pre-release] macOS Monterey

1,859 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, zerking said:

Does any one got a hang for a long while before getting into the login screen?

Besides, my Orico BT403 bluetooth dongle stop working on Monterey even though it's working fine with Big Sur.

yes. I had a post on page 5  with pictures.

I've added -v and noticed 2 main areas of delay.

The first photo shows errors around AppleUSB20HubPort@14541200 

This was by far the longest delay, can someone tell me what this means?

The second is com.apple.xpc.launchd, and any advice is welcome.

• Like 1

Laptop skylake/520/I5/sunrise point 100

Big Sur and Monterey may be like Intel's CPU tik-tok.

All In all not bad for beta 1 update from 11.4 beta.  Seems to boot quicker with snappier response on some tasks.

No updated kexts or boot arguments from Big Sur.

Graphics and sound ok.

Noticed Network Preferences not working with Big Sur AirportItlwm.  Monterey alpha assets here:

https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/itlwm/releases

FUSE for mac 4.12 needs update for ext filesystem access.

NTFS will mount read/write after unmount:

From terminal make a mount point of your choice for each ntfs volume.  Example: sudo mkdir ~/ntfs
Unmount the target read-only ntfs volume where x is disk number and y is slice: sudo umount /dev/diskxsy
Mount ntfs volume as read-write: sudo mount -t ntfs -o rw,auto,nobrowse /dev/diskxsy ~/ntfs
Link to desktop: sudo ln -s ~/ntfs ~/Desktop/whatever_name_you_choose
Make sure finder is configured to show mounted volumes on the desktop.

If Cupertino fruity engineers read this forum we could use native Intel wifi support and native NTFS, EXT filesystem support.

Edited by HenryV
update link
  • Like 2

I must also say like @HenryV that for a first beta, this is really smooth and responsive. I just hope that there will be a patch for io80211.kext for my Atheros wifi 😆

6 hours ago, ameenjuz said:

Anybody can help me my kabylake system do not wake from sleep on macOS 12

Black screen occure after wake from sleep

How to fix this issue in first beta of monterey

Is anyone facing this issue 

I am facing long wake from sleep. But then there is success. Skylake computer with Monterey.

Nobody knows what may be the problem with wake and sleep. You have to tune all system, all devices and ACPI subsystem and then you will have good working computer including sleep/wake.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Slice said:

I am facing long wake from sleep. But then there is success. Skylake computer with Monterey.

Nobody knows what may be the problem with wake and sleep. You have to tune all system, all devices and ACPI subsystem and then you will have good working computer including sleep/wake.

Normally don't use sleep and have hibernation disabled with dummy sleepimage of 0 bytes.  Saves space and no delays updating sleepimage.  Also have indexing turned off to eliminate disk thrashing after Monterey install.

As a dev you may have been using these for a long time but for the sake of any others reading this:

check state:
sudo pmset -g | grep hibernatemode

disable:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0

remove file to reclaim space:
sudo rm /private/var/vm/sleepimage

in /private/var/vm/ make a dummy:

sudo touch /private/var/vm/sleepimage

prevent write access to it:
sudo chmod 000 /private/var/vm/sleepimage
sudo chflags schg /private/var/vm/sleepimage

Here are some more post install configs:

defaults write NSGlobalDomain NSDocumentSaveNewDocumentsToCloud -bool false
defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE
defaults write com.apple.TextEdit RichText -int 0  
defaults write com.apple.finder _FXShowPosixPathInTitle -bool YES
sudo defaults write /.Spotlight-V100/VolumeConfiguration Exclusions -array "/Volumes"
sudo launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.metadata.mds.plist
defaults write com.apple.desktopservices DSDontWriteUSBStores -bool true
defaults write com.apple.desktopservices DSDontWriteNetworkStores -bool true
sudo mdutil -i off -d /Volumes/whatevervolumename  (Disable Indexing AND Searching of specified Volume)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Slice said:

Exactly same issue i m tired to waiting to wake from sleep

I think this is need long time to wake from sleep but i cannot wait i m bored to seeing my laptop

This issue is only occure on monterey 12

In big sur 11.4 sleep&wake working fine there is no issue

22 hours ago, Slice said:

I know what is hibernate as I am developer of Clover. My hibernatemode is 0 and I talk about it.

Yes, and thank you very much for the work you have put into clover.  Open Core used to boot with functional AirportItlwm but for some reason does not work now....but booting with clover does give functional Intel wifi in Big Sur..

There is an alpha AirportItlwm.kext for Monterey, click assets.

https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/itlwm/releases

Have you noticed any significant changes in the Frameworks for Monterey?

Edited by HenryV
add link

Well yesterday after installing macOS Monterey I had to go back to macOS Big Sur because I had no sound and I had purple stripes at boot.

Today I tried again to install macOS Monterey and didn't update the kexts or the OC, I have OC 0.6.8, the only thing that I did was add -lilubetaall and -wegbeta to the boot arguments.

Now all works, sound and no purple stripes...

Captura de ecrã 2021-06-09, às 23.53.03.png

Captura de ecrã 2021-06-09, às 23.53.30.png

Install macOS Monterey Easy on DELL Optiplex 790 UEFI install from OC 0.7.1

fingers in the nose :lol:

2113283824_Capturedcranle2021-06-0920_45_17.png.77d6e2ba92ad909be7105d39d698846b.png

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

for macOS Monterey i am working on a new version of TINU, the app has been migrated to swift 5, has native Apple Silicon support, new icons and improved graphics and of course I am testing it on the new os, it still isn't quite ready for release but the latest released beta version will work with the new OS release.

1324547151_Screenshot2021-06-10at03_19_26.thumb.png.a0f8984b737d9a6d87fa8a48b98f7208.png

Edited by ITzTravelInTime
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ITzTravelInTime said:

for macOS Monterey i am working on anew version of TINU, the app has been migrated to swift 5, has native Apple Silicon support, new icons and improved graphics and of course I am testing it on the new os, it still isn't quite ready for release but the latest released beta version will work with the new OS release.

1324547151_Screenshot2021-06-10at03_19_26.thumb.png.a0f8984b737d9a6d87fa8a48b98f7208.png

Actually Bro the last TINU version still works, I used it to make an installer for BS and Monterey without any problems.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, eSaF said:

Actually Bro the last TINU version still works, I used it to make an installer for BS and Monterey without any problems.

I know that, but TINU is undergoing renovation to bring it up with the latest oses and features (the old version can't even be compiled on big sur), and also to reorganize the internal structure of the app, since i'd like to introduce some more substantial changes to the way the app is used in the future (no spoilers but i have some great ideas, and also the code is messy and requires some re-organization). Also the monterey installer introduces a new createinstallmedia executable just for yosemite users, so i had to work to support it in tinu for instance. Also i wanted to use those new SF Symbols icons and use the new icon me and my friend made for big sur, you find some more screenshots in the TINU's discussion here in the forums, i like how the new graphics is coming along so far.

Edited by ITzTravelInTime
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest 5T33Z0
1 hour ago, Henties said:

@5T33Z0 Request that you let me know as soon as you are able to use your Z490 Vision G onboard i225-V ethernet controller with Monterey.

Greetings Henties

From my own research so far, I can see no changes in the address/location of the controller in Monterey in IO Reg Explorer between Big Sur and Monterey. Either this is over my head or FakePCII.kext is not working in Monterey.

20 hours ago, zerking said:

Does any one got a hang for a long while before getting into the login screen?

Besides, my Orico BT403 bluetooth dongle stop working on Monterey even though it's working fine with Big Sur.

Disable automatic login.

This fixed for me.

On 6/9/2021 at 8:17 AM, asdesoso said:

Hi @chris1111 Here we are again, with our HP ProBook/EliteBook Intel Ivy Bridge 3rd generation, in my case I have an EliteBook 2570P as you know, last year I thought that our HD 4000 will be deprecated, but with Big Sur HD 4000 was already supported natively. But lasts weeks I was thinking that this year with Monterey our HD 4000, will be deprecated finally, and badly this happens. I tried to put all HD 4000 kexts from Big Sur 11.4 into S/L/E in Monterey volume, also to put it into OC/Kexts, but the same.

I read on macrumors forum, that if there is a Nvidia Kepler combined with HD 4000, both two will run OK, but if we have only HD 4000, there is a problem related with WindowServer, that causes and crashes as I attach in the photos.

I update from Big Sur 11.4 to Monterey 12.0 DP1 into my Haswell based machine, without any problem, all is running fine, except audio, ALC892, but currently I don´t care about this. So my priority is related with HD 4000 in my 2570P.

Currently I´m using your OC creator script, so I am trying to boot up Monterey with the EFI created by your script.

Cheers.

20210609_135742.jpg

20210609_135747.jpg

20210609_135751.jpg

20210609_135805.jpg

No solution for the moment and I don't think a real perfect solution exist in the futur? Wait and see

• Thanks 1

@5T33Z0 Thanks for the feedback. In spite of my initial reservation against an early Monterey "entry" I nevertheless took the plunge, and am quite surprised. I have upgraded a spare Samsung SSD, containing Big Sur 11.5 beta 2, with Monterey 21A5248p. The only problem that I was able to detect up to now seems caused by the FakePCIID and FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V kexts. Disabling both in my OC config.plist ensured stability of my Z490 Vision G build. A Gigabit ASIX AX8179 USB ethernet controller also stopped working under Monterey, therefore for networking, under Monterey, I depend on WiFi, which works quite well with the Fenvi adapter and it's BT is also operational. Therefore everything works much better than originally anticipated. Incidentally H264 as well as HEVC hardware encoding. via the onboard Intel 630 iGPU is also working well.

Greetings Henties 

14 hours ago, bronxteck said:

try using pmsleep -g log should output all the sleep info maybe its hanging on filevault, handoff or magicwake

How to get pmsleep log using terminal

sudo pmsleep -g log command did not recognise in terminal

sudo pmset -g  is working

54 minutes ago, ameenjuz said:

Remember to complete your signature.

3 hours ago, ameenjuz said:

sergey@iMac2017 CloverBootloader % sudo pmset -g log
Password:
PM ASL data store: /var/log/powermanagement
2021-06-08 20:47:12 +0300 ShutdownCause       	SMC shutdown cause: 3: Power button pressed for > 4 sec                    	          

Time stamp                Domain              	Message                                                                    	Duration  	Delay     
==========                ======              	=======                                                                    	========  	=====     
UUID: (null)
2021-06-08 20:47:15 +0300 Start               	powerd process is started                                                  	          
2021-06-08 20:47:15 +0300 Assertions          	Summary- [System: No Assertions] Using AC          
2021-06-08 20:48:50 +0300 Assertions          	Kernel Idle sleep preventers: IODisplayWrangler          
2021-06-08 20:50:39 +0300 Assertions          	PID 211(systemmigrationd) Released NoIdleSleepAssertion "IASUtilities" 00:01:55  id:0x0x100008016 [System: BGTask]          
2021-06-08 20:50:41 +0300 Assertions          	PID 150(loginwindow) Created PreventSystemSleep "com.apple.loginwindow.minibuddysleepassert" 00:00:00  id:0x0x7000080be [System: PrevSleep BGTask kCPU]          

• Like 1