[pre-release] macOS Monterey

1,859 posts in this topic

Link to macOS Monterey InstallAssistant.pkg (to get full installer app) here:

http://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/38/12/071-51840-A_R2JDKNM0LX/wqollynqs6j5006166tvw4rliu9htf7swu/InstallAssistant.pkg

It was listed alongside the Big Sur Betas as “macOS 12.0.0.21A5248p" on the same software catalog...

https://swscan.apple.com/content/catalogs/others/index-10.16seed-10.16-10.15-10.14-10.13-10.12-10.11-10.10-10.9-mountainlion-lion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1.sucatalog.gz

Spoiler

1110596128_macOS12BetaInstallAssistant.thumb.png.c565e601dbd8edf2bde2cc0f7da5423c.png

• Thanks 1

Has anyone solved the lack of sound or are only me that has sound problems?

Curiously if I connect my AirPods Pro I have sound, but in Hackintool I only have HDMI sound...

Captura de ecrã 2021-06-08, às 00.45.31.png

Captura de ecrã 2021-06-08, às 00.47.20.png

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Austere.J said:

It is very interesting that Monterey still supports the Mac mini (Late 2014) which has a Haswell processor and Intel HD Graphics 5000/Iris 5100 but drops all Haswell-based MacBook Pro, MacBook Air and iMac. :o

Not sure whether they actually wanted to drop support for Nvidia GPUs... All legacy NV drivers are still there though. Changing SMBios should work then. :)

By the way, I have added Monterey support to Lilu, AppleALC, and WhateverGreen. And I will add the same thing to all plugins now! :)

EDIT: All done!

Edited by PMheart
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

I have finally managed to install the beta on my ssd, in a few hours I will attempt at booting it on my socket 775 system, as far as I am aware it should successfully boot, since also the socket 1366 systems are able to boot as well. I will keep you posted on my progress.

• Like 1

BrcmPatchRAM issues seems to be related to firmware loading. If you require BrcmBluetoothInjector and the BrcmFirmwareData kext, it currently isn't working for Monterey.

• Like 3

Guest 5T33Z0

You can get it via ANYmacOS as well

1 hour ago, Pavo said:

BrcmPatchRAM issues seems to be related to firmware loading. If you require BrcmBluetoothInjector and the BrcmFirmwareData kext, it currently isn't working for Monterey.

That's good to know. I need theese kexts for my bt card, unfortunately. But I can live without it for testing. Do you know if the OS installation stalls/hangs if it doesn't recognize the card or is it going through?

Guest 5T33Z0

Does someone know the minimum SMBIOS for MacBookPros? For Catalina it was 10.1., for BigSur 11,1 this maybe 12,1?

4 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

Does someone know the minimum SMBIOS for MacBookPros? For Catalina it was 10.1., for BigSur 11,1 this maybe 12,1?

Hi @5T33Z0

I found this on the first page

Guest 5T33Z0
4 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @5T33Z0 Can you tell me where to find this tool for create USB Installer ! Please.

It's called ANYmacOS and is from the Cretaor of Kext Updater, @Sascha_77. It can download macOS and create Install Media.

Edited by 5T33Z0

7 hours ago, MorenoAv said:

Curiously if I connect my AirPods Pro I have sound, but in Hackintool I only have HDMI sound...

alcid=28 -lilubetaall -wegbeta under nvram boot-args and zero sound issues here on my AMD RX580. Even the onboard Realtek is getting detected. I am using the following latest kexts enclosed in this post.

kexts8june2021.zip

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MorenoAv said:

Hackintool doesn't support VoodooHDA which can help.

• Like 2

Guest 5T33Z0

First Impressions trying to install it on my Laptop: minimum SMBIOS is MacBookPro11,4 to get the Installer going since it's a Mid 2015 Model.

I disabled WLAN and BT in BIOS since I need BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext and BrcmFirmwareData.kext for my card (disabled the kexts as well).

But I get stuck in a Loop related to com.apple.bluetooothd.

27 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

First Impressions trying to install it on my Laptop: minimum SMBIOS is MacBookPro11,4 to get the Installer going since it's a Mid 2015 Model.

I disabled WLAN and BT in BIOS since I need BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext and BrcmFirmwareData.kext for my card (disabled the kexts as well).

But I get stuck in a Loop related to com.apple.bluetooothd.

I had that happen to me as well.  I got past it by deleting the Bluetooth kexts from my EFI folder.  Then it completed the installation and booted.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 5T33Z0 said:

Is this what you asked?

ภาพถ่ายหน้าจอ 2564-06-08 เวลา 15.11.29.png

Edited by naiclub
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, PMheart said:

Not sure whether they actually wanted to drop support for Nvidia GPUs... All legacy NV drivers are still there though. Changing SMBios should work then. :)

By the way, I have added Monterey support to Lilu, AppleALC, and WhateverGreen. And I will add the same thing to all plugins now! :)

EDIT: All done!

Thank you!!! How fast!!!

@Derty

Have you solved audio problem with new AppleALC modified for Monterey?

Edited by miliuco

12 minutes ago, miliuco said:

Thank you!!! How fast!!!

@Derty

Have you solved audio problem with new AppleALC modified for Monterey?

I don't think you need to modify any AppleALC, just follow this picture.

ภาพถ่ายหน้าจอ 2564-06-08 เวลา 15.41.20.png

Guest 5T33Z0
33 minutes ago, naiclub said:

Is this what you asked?

ภาพถ่ายหน้าจอ 2564-06-08 เวลา 15.11.29.png

Nice. Thanks. Where is this file PlatformSupportlist.plist located in the Installer?