[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

@Tiem What do you want to demonstrate with the Wikipedia article? I know this software design cycle. Wikipedia shows the normal production cycle FOR PC. You can see this by reading the article. But Wikipedia is not Apple. :hysterical:

In my previous post, I put the screenshot of Apple developers: RC replaces GM, for the Cupertino company.

Apple didn't internally change the way release cycles work because someone wrote some line in an Xcode release give your head a shake.

Sometimes just using a little common sense goes a long way. The diagram on the wiki stands. Even for Apple. Think before you post.

They are going to use RC till it actually goes GM. Which makes sense given that no longer binds them to have to push out a dot release afterwards. They can kick out as many RCs as they want. They are not going to refer to GMs as RCs. 

Edited by Tiem

18 minutes ago, Tiem said:

Apple didn't internally change the way release cycles work because someone wrote some line in an Xcode release give your head a shake.

Sometimes just using a little common sense goes a long way. The diagram on the wiki stands. Even for Apple. Think before you post.

They are going to use RC till it actually goes GM. Which makes sense given that no longer binds them to have to push out a dot release afterwards. They can kick out as many RCs as they want. They are not going to refer to GMs as RCs. 

You think what you want. After all the terminology doesn't matter: Apple will continue to produce as it wishes. Do not worry though,  I think before posting: the information comes from different sources such as the Apple developers site and specialized sites.
The only version that matters is the release anyway. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Manas Malla said:

Thank You @1Revenger1 and BTW Thank you too @WizeMan I checked and followed the ACPI patch steps with respect to the official dortania guide only and @1Revenger1 I will try the steps you mentioned and get back! ANYHOW thanks both of your for your intrest in helping out!

@1Revenger1 I tried the first two steps you asked me to do and no luck! Instead it made it worse! Now it gets struck at LOG:BS:EXIT..... both when singly disabled DevirtualiseMmio and later only disabled SetupVirtualMap and same issue and tried disabling both and same issue! Any help ASAP. Also I didnt get about the MAP's which you mentioned to be added for my laptop! It is running on Ideapad 330 and Intel i3 7130U and Intel HD 620 Graphics

I have been advised to look here for my problem but after 144 and a half pages I don't think I see it :) unless the answer to what I am trying is 'It won't work'

Can anyone help me with the error below that I get when trying an upgrade in place from Catalina - I am booted into Clover 5126 and trying the latest BigSur installer. 

any tips?

Screenshot 2020-11-02 at 10.32.40.png

1 hour ago, mickeyd453 said:

I have been advised to look here for my problem but after 144 and a half pages I don't think I see it :) unless the answer to what I am trying is 'It won't work'

Can anyone help me with the error below that I get when trying an upgrade in place from Catalina - I am booted into Clover 5126 and trying the latest BigSur installer. 

any tips?

Screenshot 2020-11-02 at 10.32.40.png

Same issue on my Optiplex 790 but I didn't really have time to look for a solution

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

Same issue on my Optiplex 790 but I didn't really have time to look for a solution

When i install any os from the recovery partition, i wait till it download all the installation files, and finally i am getting this same message, i tried to format the whole ssd drive, and installing from the recovery usb disk, format ssd as apfs, it works well , so try to install from usb instead

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Derty said:

November 10 Tuesday. The official date of Big Sur Launch.....

Or so the people are assuming... Won't affect us that much given we are already past GM.

58 minutes ago, macinsane said:

Never happened before :) Remember two supplemental updates came within two weeks because 10.15 GM was buggy as hell?

Ah yes. nvm then. 

I did send bug reports to Feedback app about bugs I found, I don't think they will ever reply to them... Once I found a bug on iOS 12 with Files.app, for ex. at july.01, they replied 1 year later: ("Can you describe it even more?") After they already fixed the issue. Funny. And ahh man these replies. Like Microsoft Help Center "Did you try turning off and on? Did you try updating to latest?" bruh.

10 hours ago, kushwavez said:

Past GM with so many bugs (mostly visual)? I don't think so, but hey, let's see.

We are on 11.0.1. GM is 11.0, which Apple will release likely on or shortly after the event. 

• Confused 1

Any approximate release date(s) yet? :worried_anim:

Don't tell me they will pull the iOS 14.0 next day release trick with Big Sur too! :(

Edited by Naki
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Антико said:

Может кто-нибудь объяснить мне, в чем проблема? Становится невыносимо, как бы я ни старался - ошибка все та же. Сохранить)))

Can someone explain to me what the problem is? It becomes unbearable, no matter how hard I try, the mistake is still the same. Save)))

Протокол установщика 4-ноя-2020.txt

opencore-2020-11-04-112320.txt

IMG_20201104_171402_compress99.jpg

Hello @Aнтико, please in this section only English post are accepted!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Allan said:

Hello @Aнтико, please in this section only English post are accepted!

Good time! Sorry, this is some kind of Google translate problem, but I don't think it presents any problem in understanding.