[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, corint1 said:

I think he won't do anything ... stay like this for 30 minutes

Just walk away and let it run, it does seem like it is hanging, the trick is just observe the Hard Drive activity LED during this period.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, MorenoAv said:

Hi all,

Quick question, now the sound don't stop when we remove one AirPod from the ear ?

Thanks

Question for the rich boys and girls who can afford Apple's little side trinkets and toys???!!!!!! :hysterical: :angel_not:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I am trying to boot the macOS Big Sur USB on my bros's laptop with clover. i created with the latest public beta 10 and when trying to boot the USB with clover UEFI but i am unable to see the macOS installer, I can just see the Windows 10 partitions. I am tried booting the clover usb uefi with my old pc which already has macOS Big Sur installed with opencore and even in that i am unable to find the installed macOS big sur hdd nor the installer!

9 hours ago, Blu24 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

4k.jpg

Beta 11.0.1: 4K working perfectly with my setup 

Good for you. I suppose you're on an AMD card, they're okay. This only affects iGPUs even on real Macs. 

Some bugs I noticed and still happening:

- Safari won't open last opened window after shutting down with reopen windows enabled, I have to click Safari icon, then the last opened window will appear minimised (as it should be), and an empty window is appearing (little annoying)

- Volume and Brightness sliders are always on max after sleep or restart, even if they are not maxed out, visual bug.

- Some minor visual bugs on Finder bar when clicking out of an opened menu

- (and the Safari VP9 hw decode problem on iGPUs)

- Xcode is starting pretty slow, and much slower than on Catalina

I keep sending the bugs in Feedback Assistant, hope they'll fix them.

The overall system performance is really good, much better than on Beta 10

Edited by kushwavez
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Антико said:

Which combination currently disables SIP? Since 67080000 gives me an error when installing. Where is my mistake at the moment?

Снимок экрана 2020-10-29 в 15.24.19.png

Снимок экрана 2020-10-29 в 15.27.51.png

Снимок экрана 2020-10-29 в 15.32.42.png

Spoiler

The value (67080000) showing in your pic is completely wrong, for partial SIP unlock is 67000000.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Антико said:

=67080000:thumbsup_anim:

Why don't don't you guys just completely enable SIP (value=00000000) like Apple intended and be done with it.

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, dannyboy9 said:

How did you get access to the new update. I tried using SWU Switcher but didn't work

It came automatically through the system's inbuilt 'Software Update'.

great news, I was able for the first time ever to update BigSur using Clover 
on the Z68 it was very but very long, due to mechanical hard disk; also without the kexts in OTHER you do not start the second phase of the update, then as I happened, some kext could cause kernel panic, so better leave the bare minimum

so obviously a heartfelt thank you to all the acidanthera devs for the wonderful work and a thank you to the Slice and Jief devs for putting OC in clover's engine so we can use it in the future and not just keep it as a reminder of the good old days of when we were younger :) 

27181417_Schermata2020-10-29alle12_32_44

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

@iCanaro Congratulations on your success - but I am constantly reminded of the Clover BS struggle how someone quite eloquently put the idea of using elements of OC to enable Clover BS - 'It's like fitting the gas pipe to the water outlet' - Hey please don't shoot the messenger, I am only relaying their personal take on the whole Clover BS situation :angel: so it's good to see progress being made.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

OT:

the world is also beautiful because it's made by many different colors and thoughts
a world where everyone thinks the same way, where they have only one car the same for everyone and no choice... I wouldn't like to live there.

PS: then maybe not known, but it is normal, I use OC since the first beta released, and make it work without any guidance, it took me a week of hard work to succeed on the first hack. 
I didn't say, I have Clover working, but what do I care about this new boot loader

Edited by iCanaro
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, hiphopboy said:

lolz, not yet 11.0 final but 11.0.1 beta :v

There is a GM. That's 11.0. We were pushed onto 11.0.1 beta1 because GM has info on the new ARM-based Macs being released shortly. So Apple wanted to get ahead of the leaks. Same reason we got iOS 14.2 before 14.1 GM. They had info on the new iPhones that were just released.

• Like 3