[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, nmano said:

I'm trying to Install Big Sur  Beta on X99 Gaming G1

I'm stuck with NVMe

AppleNVMe Assert failed

Still no luck .. any suggestions its help me.

IMG_4626.thumb.jpg.27b928826735d6a8b917da8fbef7690b.jpg

I believe X99 is having a lot of issues with Big Sur.

• Like 1

My installation of Catalina and BS is stable but the R9 380 graphics card sometimes crashes and restarts the machine when I run videos and the Insanelymac page. How to solve? I use OC-0.6.3 with SSDT-GPU-Spoof.aml and argument agdpmod = vit9696.

Thanks.

16 hours ago, jlrycm said:

Hi @Max.1974, This post was related to clover v5125, not OpenCore. I have been able to boot all Big Sur betas through OpenCore without issues.

@jlrycm 

However, I had written the solution to install with opencore 6.3, maybe I was one of the first to understand to use opencore6.3 to install the beta 10 ..

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, ludox said:

@jlrycm 

No entanto, eu escrevi a solução para instalar com o opencore 6.3, talvez eu tenha sido um dos primeiros a entender como usar o opencore6.3 para instalar o beta 10 ..

please post efi......  thanks

10 hours ago, PlutoDelic said:

Hey, thanks a lot. In fact, i had this downloaded from the other forum but still untested as i wanted a learning curve on the guide.

I assume i have to get rid of the BRCM kext and entries since i still have the original wifi card. Also, im planning to install this on a 2nd SSD on the WWAN slot (confirmed working, supported), but i do have a primary SSD where windows resides which OC does not like at all (Micron 2200S), i plan to completely have it ignored, but will it cause the overall macos setup issues?

Edit: Same KP. Image

I'm wondering if my e7470 may be different somehow as it's the only i5-6200u i've seen so far. I should probably change the ig platform id too.

Remove NVMeFix.kext and disable / remove it from Config.plist. Your Windows drive might be formatted to MBR, so you won't be able to install there unless you convert it to GUID format. 

1 hour ago, Jake Lo said:

Remove NVMeFix.kext and disable / remove it from Config.plist. Your Windows drive might be formatted to MBR, so you won't be able to install there unless you convert it to GUID format. 

Will do, but i did have the same KP without the said kext. Let me try again.

PS, everything is fully UEFI/GPT. I do not intend to have macOS in that SSD, that's what i was wondering if its presence will cause issues. It's one of the three SSD's that OC does not seem to like at all. Is there any way to configure OC to completely disregard a certain device in a PCIe connection, similar to what many do with disabling unsupported dGPU/GPUs?

Atm, i'm preparing everything beforehand, till my 2nd SSD arrives, which is a WD SN 520 in 2242 format.

Edit: Same KP without NVMeFix. What a dead end.

Edited by PlutoDelic

If anyone install Big Sur in X99 please post EFI

Thanks.

Edited by nmano

20 minutes ago, nmano said:

If anyone install Big Sur in X99 please post EFI

Thanks.

My friend from what I've been reading on the X99, you gonna have one he££ of a job getting BS to install and boot on that platform. Some have reported success but apparently these are on Chinese variant X99 boards but since I don't own a X99, I can't help you on this. Have a search around and see what info you can find. Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Finally I can boot X99 Gaming G1

I just change SSDT-RTC0.aml

SSDT-RTC0.aml

image0-2.thumb.jpeg.a50fd3fde5284c62c5beeb8496fc902f.jpeg

I check Big Sur AirPortBrcmNIC.kext

384362967_ScreenShot2020-10-20at10_06_27PM.thumb.png.9ae52782d685e50f2556e2ca696513bc.png

My wifi card is pci14e4,43b1

I patched via SSDT change device-id & compatible like this.

SSDT-RP04-ARPT.aml

I update XCPM patches 10.16 /11.0 Beta 10 (20A5395g)  X99/X299

Edited by nmano
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Hi, just quick question. Seting up SecureBootModel to Disabled allows me boot into Big Sur, however it turns my wifi as unavailable under Catalina. All controls in network preferences panels just shows something like "<< localizedString ..." (kinda placholder i guess.) Is there any solution or idea, to get rid of this issue?

I've been trying to use different approaches, usual stuff clearing nvram, deleting network preferences, but it looks that drivers aren't loaded at all.

The card is native apple BCM43xx wifi/bluetooth device.

Tia

I keep trying to install Big Sur. If I start the installation from a flash drive, with an SSD connected with mac os Catalina , I get the first error (pictured). Disconnect the SSD with Catalina - the error is "you may not install to this volume missing firmware partition". I started "First aid" - there are no errors. What can be done in this situation? Help!:wallbash:

2020-10-23 12-44-32.JPG

2020-10-23 10-45-11.JPG

Снимок экрана 2020-10-23 в 13.36.03.png

config.plist

Edited by Антико