[pre-release] macOS Big Sur in VMWare

1,188 posts in this topic

Just now, Donw35 said:

@chris1111 I choose iMac 14,4 and got the proper iGPU, is sleep working ?

Ok thanks

I not test sleep for now I reinstall to a SSD because I used a spare HD for 5 days test :moil:

Thanks to you for the Guide :wink_anim:

• Like 1

Excellent, I got sleep working, BCM94360 working natively, for Sound I am using VoodooHDA, AppleACL causes issues on the HP 800 G1, the only issues I have is speed step as the fan is running faster all the time. I cannot find a copy of Intel Power Gadget as they removed from their site. the only one I found is the version from those malware sites....

Enjoy

Edited by Donw35
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, The Tech said:

Hmm. Also, i noticed one thing. Two scenarios. 

1. On VM, internet is available and the installation can continue.

2. On VMware, no internet is available and after erasing the drive, it says, this installer file is damaged.

In scenario one, after checking the logs, i came to know that the installer is establishing some connection to the internet and downloading something for sure. 

Have you guys tried the createinstallmedia with --downloadassets I'm about to do some testing with it, also can anyone check if there's any new arguments? I'm afk right now...

Edited by +ira

13 hours ago, Pavo said:

To everyone that is having issues using AirportFixup, have you tired using brcmfx-driver=2 as a bootarg? This fixed my wifi.

could you mention your wifi type? i am using brcm4350 and it's not working on Big Sur, although it's fully working on catalina

• Like 1

Hi, I got Big Sur working, but I have one issue - I can't sign in to App Store on Big Sur. Anyone have the same issue?

I can login to my Apple ID account, Apple Music, iTunes - but not Apple Store.

I've tried logging out from Apple ID and Apple Music, and even changed password but I can't get it to work.

5 hours ago, Donw35 said:

Excellent, I got sleep working, BCM94360 working natively, for Sound I am using VoodooHDA, AppleACL causes issues on the HP 800 G1, the only issues I have is speed step as the fan is running faster all the time. I cannot find a copy of Intel Power Gadget as they removed from their site. the only one I found is the version from those malware sites....

Enjoy

If allowed - Anyone looking for a clean and latest version 3.7.0 IntelPowerGadget

IntelPowerGadget3.7.0.dmg.zip

• Like 2

On 6/27/2020 at 6:06 PM, Bios-PC said:

Finally got it work 

install on external usb from real Mac 

clone to ssd 

everything work no need any change from Catalina 

z390 aorus xtreme + i9-9900K + 32GB Ram + Rog Strix rx580

(images deleted)

Hi @Bios-PC,

Was very surprise to see BigSur running in HW so similar to mine :), but when tried you EFI i just stopped as per photo... :(

I'm on Gigabyte Bios F9C with unlocked MSR 0xE2 register.

Sucessfully installed BigSur in my MacBook Pro 15 retina (SMBIOS=MacBookPro11,3) into an external USB SSD that I've used t o test your EFI.

Can you please share your bios version and its current configuration ?

Thanks in advance.

IMG_1385.HEIC

My HW:

Intel 9900K, Gigabyte Z390 Xtreme, Radeon VII 16Gb, 32GB Ram

Edited by augustopaulo

3 hours ago, htanh034 said:

I have installed an error and stopped at this place, can anyone help me? My English not good

EFI.zip

Which method of installation are you using, vanilla or image?

40 minutes ago, Takiller said:

Which method of installation are you using, vanilla or image?

Vmware, I installed it on the external SSD and put it  on my laptop. DELL i5 7200U, Itel HD 620

Edited by htanh034

On 6/27/2020 at 9:26 PM, kushwavez said:

It's because Big Sur uses a newer APFS filesystem version. You can try manually mounting in Terminal, but I didn't try that.

If you're using HDD then maybe that's why. Also keep in mind that this is the 1st Dev Beta, so there are lots of things that broken or bugged. Or the system is indexing files in background and slowing the system down, check your usage. 

Yes, it could be because it is the first beta. But as I see it, I'm the only one with this problem haha

1 hour ago, augustopaulo said:

Hi @Bios-PC,

Was very surprise to see BigSur running in HW so similar to mine :), but when tried you EFI i just stopped as per photo... :(

I'm on Gigabyte Bios F9C with unlocked MSR 0xE2 register.

Sucessfully installed BigSur in my MacBook Pro 15 retina (SMBIOS=MacBookPro11,3) into an external USB SSD that I've used t o test your EFI.

Can you please share your bios version and its current configuration ?

Thanks in advance.

IMG_1385.HEIC

My HW:

Intel 9900K, Gigabyte Z390 Xtreme, Radeon VII 16Gb, 32GB Ram

hi,

I use the same bios version but I don't have unlocked msr, so in config plist remove applexcpmcfglock

best regards

10 hours ago, REKTIMU2 said:

So idk if this is an issue with the VM method or the version of 060 and kexts for Big Sur I'm using but it seems system-id isn't being initialized.

This is bad news for iMessages, anyone have a clue?

No issue on AMD for iMessage if made on a real Mac and transferred.

453510441_Screenshot2020-06-30at12_28_31.thumb.png.7adb60c9b371ab38d84e570466fd5b8a.png53950091_Screenshot2020-06-30at12_29_33.thumb.png.69ffde4c9c77b7b184cf9363169bd9ed.png

but I noticed after trying iJB's DMG to restore, nor iMessage or iCloud works.

Screenshot_2020-06-30_at_02_27_30.png.e77a493f85693330b0fd70a9096e09e3.png

38 minutes ago, MacPato said:

Same for me but notice that I have no wifi (atheros AR9287 | Type de carte : AirPort Extreme  (0x168C, 0x30A4)) and ethernet is on en7. -> no en1

Wifi not working with :

IO80211kext

AirportBrcmFixup

BrcmPatchRAM 

If someone know how to fix wifi ...

Another question :

I can't login after sleep... 

I have login screen, mouse but can't put cursor in login form and seems that the keyboard (apple usb) not responding...

Any idea ??

Edited by Fantomac
add question at the end

28 minutes ago, MacPato said:

No issues here. Installed via VBox and logged into iCloud during setup. Using same serial generated while using Catalina on the AMD machine.

9 hours ago, aryaone said:

could you mention your wifi type? i am using brcm4350 and it's not working on Big Sur, although it's fully working on catalina

I am using BCM94352Z, on Catalina I didn't need to use a bootarg, but on BS I have to use brcmfx-driver=2.

Just now, Pavo said:

I am using BCM94352Z, on Catalina I didn't need to use a bootarg, but on BS I have to use brcmfx-driver=2.

hi,the macos 11 can be installed from the usb flash driver?

3 hours ago, htanh034 said:

Vmware, I installed it on the external SSD and put it  on my laptop. DELL i5 7200U, Itel HD 620

Please make sure that AvoidRuntimeDefrag under Quirks in your config.plist is set to true and not false. 

hi all,

Maybe I miss something?

I downloaded the Big Sur app and put in a usb drive, in the efi, put the OC folder and BOOT folder. Set up the config file and ssdt-ec, load drivers and kexts. Reboot, nothing.

I cannot see the bootloader after post.

I follow the guide from dortania page. 

Looking to see who not only did VM method, but used dd to install the .dmg and has system id initializing.

I have this issue with AppleLife and my own created dmg. Tried different commits of OC/Lilu/VSMC. This config has been working for over a year so it's weird.

edit: nm dumb mistake

Edited by REKTIMU2

18 hours ago, The Tech said:

Can you put some light on this? As after installation, it boots back to the installed one instead of the bootable iso.

Thanks

Mount the installer.dmg in VM settings CD/DVD section and modify the boot order to boot the dmg first. I think you can do that from "Startup disk" section, select CD/DVD then click "Restart"

• Like 1