[pre-release] macOS Big Sur in VMWare

1,188 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Manas Malla said:

I have restored the 16gb macOS 11 dmg to a 128gb partition. How if I want to extend it to 256gb what should I do?

HI. May i know how you restored it , i need the terminal command plz. thanks

10 minutes ago, Manas Malla said:

I have restored the 16gb macOS 11 dmg to a 128gb partition. How if I want to extend it to 256gb what should I do?

To resize the physical disk of BigSur when using the img dd method:

*Identify the physical disk you dd the img to X is example 
diskutil list 
*repair the physical disk partition 
diskutil repairDisk diskX 
*Resize the physical disk container volume 
sudo diskutil apfs resizeContainer diskXs2 0

1 minute ago, Pavo said:

To resize the physical disk of BigSur when using the img dd method:

*Identify the physical disk you dd the img to X is example 
diskutil list 
*repair the physical disk partition 
diskutil repairDisk diskX 
*Resize the physical disk container volume 
sudo diskutil apfs resizeContainer diskXs2 0

I know how should the partition table be. I want to restore it again so know should i create the partition as 256GB or as 128GB?

Just now, Manas Malla said:

I know how should the partition table be. I want to restore it again so know should i create the partition as 256GB or as 128GB?

By restoring the image to a physical disk, the image APFS container is 119.8Gb because of the way it was captured during creating the image. If you want to resize that APFS container to the max size of the drive after dd you need to repair the physical disk's partition table. Then you will be able to resize the APFS container size to whatever you want.

Just now, Pavo said:

By restoring the image to a physical disk, the image APFS container is 119.8Gb because of the way it was captured during creating the image. If you want to resize that APFS container to the max size of the drive after dd you need to repair the physical disk's partition table. Then you will be able to resize the APFS container size to whatever you want.

So I just erase the 256GB SSD as an APFS Drive and then I restore this 119.8 GB file and then run the command. Am i right or should i create a partition of 128GB seperately in the 256gb ssd?

So I just erase the 256GB SSD as an APFS Drive and then I restore this 119.8 GB file and then run the command. Am i right or should i create a partition of 128GB seperately in the 256gb ssd?

Depends on if you want to use the entire drive or just a single partition. You choose that, but the process is the same for either or.

• Like 1

Just now, Pavo said:

Depends on if you want to use the entire drive or just a single partition. You choose that, but the process is the same for either or.

I want to make the 119.8 GB extend to 256 GB so that all my files fit. So just format drive, restore and run the command you gave am I right?

I want to make the 119.8 GB extend to 256 GB so that all my files fit. So just format drive, restore and run the command you gave am I right?

yes

1 minute ago, Kaoman said:

oh i dont know what else to do. how should i do it?

Scroll through all the information in this thread and you will find the solution you are looking for.

yes good:thumbsup_anim:

Motherboard: Gigabyte z490 aorus ultra motherboard supports CPU 10900k / 10700k (Intel z490 / LGA 1200)
CPU:I7 10700K
Graphics card: public version of AMD radon RX 5700 XT  8g gddr6 game graphics card
Memory: g.skill 16gbx2 DDR4 3200 frequency desktop memory module sniper x (camouflage black)
Hard disk: m.2 x2 250gwd_ Black sn750, western data 1TB SSD m.2 interface (nvme protocol) WD_ BLACK SN750
Network card: bcm4360cs two antenna version, Intel i225v 2.5gbe perfect, Intel ax201 has no driver at present
Sound card: alc1220-vb

截屏2020-07-02 上午2.18.34.png

截屏2020-07-02 上午2.19.03.png

截屏2020-07-02 上午2.19.16.png

截屏2020-07-02 上午2.19.16.png

截屏2020-07-02 上午2.20.21.png

config.plist.zip

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, IDON-NO said:

As i know , the official release of Big Sur will be in September .. so the boatloader Devs. still have time to find fix for this issue ... or Catalina will be the end of hackintoshing 

I prefer to account Mojave to be the last good system.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

@Slice I know Apple are being {censored}s but Big Sur feels much snappier and light then Mojave/ Catalina even on my old MacBook Pro. For me High Sierra was last proper x86 supported 32bit and Nvidia drivers. Mojave was already step into this direction, we just didn't knew 

23 minutes ago, luki1979 said:

@Slice I know Apple are being {censored}s but Big Sur feels much snappier and light then Mojave/ Catalina even on my old MacBook Pro. For me High Sierra was last proper x86 supported 32bit and Nvidia drivers. Mojave was already step into this direction, we just didn't knew

and for many of us counting on cuda drivers, even high sierra was {censored}. The start of metal really made it hard for nvidias cuda drivers. Very common with sporadic crashes etc.

so i would say 10.12 was the last ”very” good one, when you are a 3D artist

now Big Sur seem very promising though. Extremely snappy i would say.